"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

It's funny, I don't personally need MORE stuff in my house (even souvenirs), but my kids want them. So I will make them happy and get the little card for them. But last year our cards (we bought directly from disney last year) were just the regular cards they send out, not Halloween themed cards so they were a little disappointed. I don't think there are any special cards, right?
Nope they just look like a normal ticket into the park. We are going to 2 parties and I did luck out with one of the tickets having the hitchhiking ghosts on it.

Magic shot # 3:

Hitchhiking ghosts.

Location: look for the photographer with a tripod across from Columbia Harbour House in Liberty Square.

Again, I cropped myself out of the photo.

Thanks for the info @Best Aunt. I understand about posting self online, again thanks for the images you shared. I added the Jack-o'-Lantern to Post #1 Magic Shots.

My son is obsessed with Villains...so this is a must for our Sept vacation. He wold really like to meat Maleficent. Does any one know if she does a meat and great. He is also really into captain hook. I was wondering if he is out during the party or maybe on a regular day at the park we could see him.
Your question was answered so this won't help, I just want to add that you used to be able to quickly meet both Capt. Hook and Maleficent along with some other great villains! Prior to the Hocus Pocus Stage show there was a villains stage show, and at the end the villains came down and did a few minutes of meet and greet sets. No autographs and the lines that formed were pretty much unstructured, but it was Maleficent, Cruella, Dr. Facilier, Frollo, Queen of Hearts, the Evil Queen, and Capt. Hook. I feel like I might be missing someone, too. Jafar maybe? It was awesome! I'll have to see if I can find pictures of the kids meeting them then. Then the final year before Hocus Pocus they had the villains show but got rid of the meet and greet :( We haven't been since then and while I'm really excited to see Hocus Pocus I do wish they had more villains meeting at the party. Even the last time we went in 2014 you could meet the Old Hag and Maleficent.

It's funny, I don't personally need MORE stuff in my house (even souvenirs), but my kids want them. So I will make them happy and get the little card for them. But last year our cards (we bought directly from disney last year) were just the regular cards they send out, not Halloween themed cards so they were a little disappointed. I don't think there are any special cards, right?
Too bad they aren't special. I've cut back a lot on what I buy overall on trips (Disney and non-Disney), but I seem to save every scrap of paper until I get it scrapbooked. I don't scrapbook as much anymore though. No entire books devoted to summer vacation anymore! I have a book I started from when DH and I started dating, and each year I take a few photos of us to put in there, and all the little tickets/wristbands/etc, and write a little about the big events of the year. It's fun to go through.

So this looks different from the one during the day right? The daytime just has one ghost and this has all 3?

I found a Magic Shot taken during the day in March 2017. It only had one ghost in it. The one from the party, as shown above, had 3 ghosts in it.

Today is Friday, August 24, 2018. You know what that means? MNSSHP # 2 is tonight! And you know what that means? More MNSSHP attendees who can report back!

I'm sure there are people who have been thinking, "If I have to read about @BestAunt's opinion of the not so poison apple cupcake at MNSSHP # 1 one more time..."
Woot!!!

Sooooooo dh and I discussed it and don't think we will wait for J&S on our party night now. He's really too alien looking for us :( Anyway, is it possible, do you think, to meet Queen of Hearts, Goofy, AND Elvis Stitch without losing too much party time? I realize none of these are "early party" M&Gs so I'm wondering how to do them all. And at 4 if we aren't meeting J&S then the only thing to really do party related is shopping, right?

Woot!!!

Sooooooo dh and I discussed it and don't think we will wait for J&S on our party night now. He's really too alien looking for us :( Anyway, is it possible, do you think, to meet Queen of Hearts, Goofy, AND Elvis Stitch without losing too much party time? I realize none of these are "early party" M&Gs so I'm wondering how to do them all. And at 4 if we aren't meeting J&S then the only thing to really do party related is shopping, right?

Based on my experience at MNSSHP # 1 and the DVC Moonlight Magic event a few days earlier, I think the big unknown factor in character lines is when the characters will go on break. I thought I was being smart by waiting in the Elvis Stitch line during party # 1, but he went on break while I was in the line, so that added quite a bit of time to my wait.

There was a question raised yesterday about hours of rides and attractions that are not open during the party. I can confirm that rides/attractions that are only open during regular park hours are showing a closing time of 6:00 today. So, if you are attending the party and wish to go to something that is not open during the party (Jungle Cruise, Enchanted Tales with Belle, etc.) you will want to be in line by 5:59pm as those lines will close to all guests at 6:00pm.

Rides and attractions that are open during the party will be accessible by party guests only after 6:00 when they display their party wrist band.

Hope this helps.

Based on my experience at MNSSHP # 1 and the DVC Moonlight Magic event a few days earlier, I think the big unknown factor in character lines is when the characters will go on break. I thought I was being smart by waiting in the Elvis Stitch line during party # 1, but he went on break while I was in the line, so that added quite a bit of time to my wait.

How long did you wait and what time did you get in line? Thx.

Is there a post with the prices for all of the exclusive merchandise? I’m not seeing it on page 1.

Trying to settle on 1 or 2 items so I don’t just buy it all.

What rides are NOT open during the party? I know
Enchanted Tales with Belle
Jungle Cruise

Jungle Cruise
All open rides are listed in Post 1.

To determine which ones are not open you would need to compare the list of rides/attractions against that list. I don't currently have the time to do that but possibly someone else has already done it?

Jungle Cruise

I’ll add Mickey’s Philharmagic, Monsters Inc., and Country Bears, since those were treat stops. Mickey’s Philharmagic was playing other movies all night. CoP wasn’t running either, and there was a line for the treat stop running along the outside waiting area for that.

Woot!!!

I would be in line for Elvis stitch at 6ish since he is kind of a wild card.

Goofy usually doesn't have that long of a wait.

Queen of hearts will be a long wait. But it's a toss up whether you should wait for her at 6ish or stitch. You might want to try her during the parade you don't watch.

Oh, that will work out great then, thank you! Uh....where is Disney Springs guest services? I know there's one there (why I asked my initial question), but I've never had to stop in there for anything. I guess I could look at a map.

I haven't visited guest services since the renovation a few years ago, so I'm not exactly sure where it is but I do know DS is easy to navigate so if you ask a CM they should be able to point you in the right direction with no problem.

How long did you wait and what time did you get in line? Thx.

I didn’t pay attention to the time for Elvis Stitch. I was at the tables near Main Street Bakery. I saw the Headless Horseman go by, then headed over to Stitch. I would say I was in line for at least 30 minutes, but he was on break for part of that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter