"Official" 2018 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Holiday Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to decide between this one and Tuesday the 18th. Any certain reason you picked this one? I just can't decide, lol

Only because we don't arrive until the 20th, so it was either that one or the one on the 21st! And my understanding is that since the one on the 21st is a Friday, it will be more crowded with locals, since many will have the day off from work on Saturday to recuperate from being out late on Friday night. Also, I think I read that the last party tends to be more crowded/sold out too.

That said, my guess would be that the closer to "the end" of the parties, the more crowded it would be...so maybe Tuesday the 18th would be less crowded? Maybe those who are more in-the-know can chime in...we've only been once, ten years ago. But I know I've definitely read to avoid the Friday night ones if possible because they're more crowded.

When it comes to characters at the party, which ones do the lines fill up quickest? If we show up at 4 when should we start lining up to hit the most popular ones while minimizing unnecessary wait times? I assume the 7 dwarves is especially popular. My middle son is a big Jack Skellington fan. Are we looking at a long wait for at least one of them, or do they do any FP for party M&G areas?

When it comes to characters at the party, which ones do the lines fill up quickest? If we show up at 4 when should we start lining up to hit the most popular ones while minimizing unnecessary wait times? I assume the 7 dwarves is especially popular. My middle son is a big Jack Skellington fan. Are we looking at a long wait for at least one of them, or do they do any FP for party M&G areas?

There will be long waits for both of those. No FPs during the party. You will want to line up for one of those early (like 5pm), and then do the other one later in the night. We met the 7 dwarfs with a 15 minute wait during the fireworks last year at MNSSHP.

Hi everyone! I have a (maybe) silly question. I'm a current Platinum pass member, but it is set to expire in April and I won't be renewing. However, we have a trip planned for December and are planning on going to MVMCP. Can I buy the tickets now and get the discount? Or would I have to be a current passholder on the party date? It's a modest discount, but we try to save money when we can!

Haven't bought a ticket for MVMCP yet, but I was able to buy an MNSSHP ticket (2 weeks after my current AP expires) with passholder discount. I can't renew yet, so they have no way of knowing if I will have a pass when the party happens.

We met the 7 dwarfs with a 15 minute wait during the fireworks last year at MNSSHP.

That begs the question...is there only one fireworks show each party? We will want decent viewing spots for the different shows and parades and will plan accordingly, but does your 15 minute wait during the fireworks entail missing out or having a less than desirable view of the fireworks?
Thanks

My heart is broken :( we are going to be there over thanksgiving (not ideal but it is our DS 21st bday on the 21st so a special trip for him) and there are NO PARTIES WHEN WE ARE THERE!!!! We arrive the saturday before Thanksgiving and leave the Saturday after..... we had planned on doing the party since we had not been to one since 2007.

I am still debating spending the money for our first MVMCP on November 27. I saw a post that not everything can be done in one party.
I would say our priorities in order: Rides, Shows/Parade, character meet and greet, fireworks.
So is it possible to get most of everything done in one night? How crowded is crowded, wait times 15 min, 20 min, 30 min?
It sounds like a lot of fun, so I guess I just need to know what to expect.

Last year (and years past, from what I read) the 7 Dwarfs started meeting before the party actually began (around 6pm), so it made sense to line up early for them (around 4:30-5) and then you could actually be done with their M&G and onto another before the party time began. We did this and then met Jack later, during the 1st parade, and waited only 15-20 minutes to meet him.

That begs the question...is there only one fireworks show each party? We will want decent viewing spots for the different shows and parades and will plan accordingly, but does your 15 minute wait during the fireworks entail missing out or having a less than desirable view of the fireworks?
Thanks
Yes, there is only 1 fireworks show per party. However, unless there is a new fireworks show, you don't need to waste a bunch of time saving a seat, as there are no spectacular castle projections and most of the action can be seen by just looking up in the sky.

Yes, there is only 1 fireworks show per party. However, unless there is a new fireworks show, you don't need to waste a bunch of time saving a seat, as there are no spectacular castle projections and most of the action can be seen by just looking up in the sky.

Thank you for sharing this info. I had in my mind a vision of HEA but themed for the holidays. I'm glad to hear there are no projections so no need to be front and center to the castle.

Thank you for sharing this info. I had in my mind a vision of HEA but themed for the holidays. I'm glad to hear there are no projections so no need to be front and center to the castle.
There are projections on the castle during the holiday fireworks. There were in 2017. They just weren't very elaborate. Also you will see Tinkerbell if you are in front of the castle. I wouldn't stand directly in front because the biggest fireworks go off directly behind the castle and it is hard to see them. Standing in front but to one of the sides would be the best viewing IMO because you would get the full affect of everything. There are videos on YouTube if you want an idea.

You are right you won't be able to do everything. I would plan on only having a few meet and greets planned because that is where you will find the longest lines. You are also going during a night that might be close to if not sold out because it will have the residual Thanksgiving crowds. You will definitely be able to do the rides, shows, parade, and maybe a few characters. The rides aren't all walk on when the party is crowded. There can be a wait on the more popular rides that are open. That was my experience from last year and we went on Dec 10th which was a Sunday. It wasn't sold out but it was crowded. I hope that helps.

Last year (and years past, from what I read) the 7 Dwarfs started meeting before the party actually began (around 6pm), so it made sense to line up early for them (around 4:30-5) and then you could actually be done with their M&G and onto another before the party time began. We did this and then met Jack later, during the 1st parade, and waited only 15-20 minutes to meet him.
So if the Dwarves meet early, what time do you recommend lining up for them?

So if the Dwarves meet early, what time do you recommend lining up for them?
For the Dec 10th party last year, I lined up at 4:30 and was 3rd in line. My wife and kids were heading to do some rides, so I didn't really have anything better to do, but I could probably have waited until closer to 5 and I would have been maybe 15-20 groups further back. The way I looked at it, I could either get in line at 4:30 and wait the extra 30 minutes before the M&G started, or get in line 30 minutes later and end up waiting 20-30 minutes extra once they started meeting (assuming 90 seconds for an average M&G and photo). Also, nobody in line voiced any issues with my wife and kids joining me once it got closer to 6pm, in case anyone is wondering about that particular strategy.

I think you already know exactly which part, because you took special note to mention that "nobody in line voiced any issues" with your actions. There's a 0% chance that nobody in that line behind you had a problem with what you did, whether they voiced it or not. This scenario would be similar to you waiting in line for 7DMT while your family rode Space Mountain, then having them join you at the front of the line for an instant ride on 7DMT. That's line jumping defined, and is something I wish people wouldn't do, especially with special situations such as the exclusive Holiday Party meet and greets.

I think you already know exactly which part, because you took special note to mention that "nobody in line voiced any issues" with your actions. There's a 0% chance that nobody in that line behind you had a problem with what you did, whether they voiced it or not. This scenario would be similar to you waiting in line for 7DMT while your family rode Space Mountain, then having them join you at the front of the line for an instant ride on 7DMT. That's line jumping defined, and is something I wish people wouldn't do, especially with special situations such as the exclusive Holiday Party meet and greets.
I just don't like to assume things, so I wanted to make sure before I went to the trouble of defending the practice. This is completely different from letting people jump in front of you in a ride queue because it takes no more time for me to make my way up and take a picture with the character, whether I'm by myself or with my 2 kids and wife. With a ride, the people I'm letting into line would be taking up space on the ride vehicles and thus making it take longer for the people behind me.

I just don't like to assume things, so I wanted to make sure before I went to the trouble of defending the practice. This is completely different from letting people jump in front of you in a ride queue because it takes no more time for me to make my way up and take a picture with the character, whether I'm by myself or with my 2 kids and wife. With a ride, the people I'm letting into line would be taking up space on the ride vehicles and thus making it take longer for the people behind me.
I agree with @lchuck they are two different things. I wouldn't mind it at a character meet and greet because whether it is one person or six people they are all taking the picture together. It doesn't really affect the line. I did have this happen to me in both a ride line and a character meet and greet. With the character it had no affect on the amount of time I spent in line. On the ride it did affect how long it took me to get on the ride especially since it was 14 cheerleaders who cut the line and Disney does not do anything about line cutters. I got a big free FP to use in the park which did nothing for me. Their policy is not to make people get out of line. So you can complain but it won't change people's behavior. That is why I will never go during Pop Warner week or any other week cheerleaders are in the park. It was their coach saving the space. Nice lesson she was teaching the girls.:cheer2:

If I have park tickets for the day and buy the party ticket do I have to physically leave and get the party ticket activated?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter