"Official" 2018 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Holiday Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were planning on going Tuesday, December 18th, but we can save over $34 going on Sunday, December 16th. I know they say Tuesdays are usually less crowded, but this Tuesday is one of the last three parties and closer to Christmas. Would that make Sunday a better option? Would it be worth saving $34 for?

I spoke to a cast member who stated that every party sells out and the same number of tickets are sold to each party so crowds should be the same no matter what. No clue if she was telling the truth or not, as this will be my first time as well.

I spoke to a cast member who stated that every party sells out and the same number of tickets are sold to each party so crowds should be the same no matter what. No clue if she was telling the truth or not, as this will be my first time as well.

Pulled this from the first page which shows which dates sold out last year (wasn’t all of them):

Sold Out Dates: 11/9 (10/25), 11/26 (11/26), 11/28 (11/28), 12/1 (11/21), 12/5 (12/5),12/12 (12/12), 12/15 (12/15), 12/17 (12/2), 12/21 (12/19) & 12/22 (12/6)

Hey everyone! For those that purchased tickets by phone, definitely check to make sure they are correct! I got mine today and the date was correct, but I got 3 children and 1 adult instead of 3 adults and 1 child. PLUS, the prices were all the same on the receipt, which I knew was wrong, and the customer service rep I spoke to about fixing the tickets said that the agent gave us DVC pricing? And that it could have caused issues when we tried to use them? ANYWAY, just make sure those tickets are right!

We are planning on going to our first MVMCP on our arrival day on 12/7. We have been to multiple MNSSHPs and can't wait to give the Christmas party a try. At the free treat locations, is it the same treats at each location, or are they different?

Last year the treats were different at each location. They gave you a special map/guide for the MVMCP and it had all the treat locations and various treats broken down so you could plan accordingly. If I was home right now I would take a picture for you. Maybe try searching google images if you want to check out past guides? Have fun on 12/7!

What is the process like if you pick up your wrist band from inside park? I’m thinking of going to the fantasyland one.

Is it a long line - spend more than 10 - 15 minutes waiting? Does it start right at 4pm or a little earlier?

Last year I picked up my wrist band in Adventureland over by Pirates - Tortuga Tavern. It was very easy. It was a very short line. They had several cast members there to help check you in and to give you the wrist band. They had the party map/guide there as well. I believe I went after 4pm, but before 5pm. I wasn't in a hurry and went to get the wrist band while I was waiting for the next show time for the Country Bear Jamboree.

Post #3 includes info from previous parties with links to previous threads. View Official 2017 Thread for free treats & locactions, as well as, treats you could purchase. Treats & locations change every year.

Ha! Didn’t that happen at either MVMCP or MNSSHP last year? Disney’s original website didn’t include 7DMT on the ride list and everyone went ballistic. I can’t remember the exact details, but seem to recall something along those lines?

I'm sure more attractions will be added to the open list, but it is still incredibly frustrating. Can you imagine if only 5 were open? :rotfl2:

Forgive me if this has been asked before, I have read every post in this threads but it's a lot to try to remember. I know week nights are supposed to be less crowded than weekends, but does a Mon vs Tues night make a difference? I'm guessing no, just wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything. We are going either Nov 12 or 13. I don't think it matters to much which day we go, except that Monday is Veteran's Day, would that make a difference?

Forgive me if this has been asked before, I have read every post in this threads but it's a lot to try to remember. I know week nights are supposed to be less crowded than weekends, but does a Mon vs Tues night make a difference? I'm guessing no, just wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything. We are going either Nov 12 or 13. I don't think it matters to much which day we go, except that Monday is Veteran's Day, would that make a difference?

I'm an example that it does, as we're going down there for a long weekend and going to the party on Nov 12th then flying home on the 13th.r Maybe there are plenty other long-weekenders too.

I'm an example that it does, as we're going down there for a long weekend and going to the party on Nov 12th then flying home on the 13th.r Maybe there are plenty other long-weekenders too.
Thanks for your input! I hadn't thought of that. I think we will definitely do Tuesday then.

Maybe the cast member meant there’s the same number available for each party? Like someone else said, there are definitely parties that sell out and others that don’t sell out.

Yes thanks I should have said that the rides and attractions close at 6 pm to day guests. However I know last year they let day guests stay to watch the first castle lighting which was at 6:15 or 6:30 so they weren’t immediately ushering guests out. Also from reports I read here it sounded like people were able to shop on Main Street as well during the 6-7 hour without party tickets (just not the party specific merchandise).

I hope this is true for 2018! We are going to MK on a party day (without MVMCP tix) and are hoping to stay for the castle lighting before we get booted out. Seeing the castle lit up is really important so I hope I’m not blowing it by not buying the party tickets. I just know my mom won’t be able to stay up late.....what does everybody think? Will they let non party guests watch the castle light up before getting the boot this year?!!!?!

Ha! Didn’t that happen at either MVMCP or MNSSHP last year? Disney’s original website didn’t include 7DMT on the ride list and everyone went ballistic. I can’t remember the exact details, but seem to recall something along those lines?

Yes, usual rides were listed, but not 7DMT. PP blew up email and phone calls, and was updated within days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter