Official 2019 HHN-29 Thread

The tribute store opened for annual passholder preview today. Attractions Magazine has more photos.
Ghostbusters-17-1.jpg

Stranger-Things-3-620x465.jpg

Universal-Monsters-1-1-375x500.jpg

And a little tribute to Michael Aiello
Ghostbusters-10-375x500.jpg

I'm so worried the later dates are gonna be more crowded cause of the hurricane

By later dates do you mean the last week of HHN?

HHN opens 9/6 and opening night last year had crowds
Stanger Things house was very much anticipated....

I go every September and last year was crazy busy from day 1
This year Stranger Things may not be as big a deal (IMO), but between Ghost Busters and Rob Zombie (that scare zone looks like it is going to be amazing) I suspect it will be the same this year.

If you can go on a Wednesday then it might not be crazy.

Also as a side note - I recommend not going the first week or so - the SAs really have not perfected things yet and a lot of the props usually are not out. By the second or third week you see more props and more interactions between the SAs

I am going to HHN next week - first time and very excited! I saw on the website some restrictions about what we’re allowed to take into the houses. It says no food, drinks or bottles. Do they search your bags again before you enter the houses? Will there be a problem if there’s a water bottle in my bag? I’m one of those people that never goes anywhere without water.

As long as your water bottle is capped and in your backpack you should be ok. You just cannot walk into houses with any kind of open drink in your hand.

Any spilled liquid in the house would be a liability to scare actors and guests.

So heads up to everyone who has spent the money for a specialty cocktail or beer. The glass has to be empty by the time you get to the door of the haunted house or you have to dump it in the trash before you go in.

In the past they have had special cocktails that are sold in flashing light HHN plastic cups. Those you can hold onto to refill. You just have to have the contents drank before you go into the house.

You will love the quality of the haunted houses.

Welcome to your first HHN. Have a great time.

AADADC40-D155-4768-BB91-093953897DDC.gif

Last edited:
I am going to HHN next week - first time and very excited! I saw on the website some restrictions about what we’re allowed to take into the houses. It says no food, drinks or bottles. Do they search your bags again before you enter the houses? Will there be a problem if there’s a water bottle in my bag? I’m one of those people that never goes anywhere without water.

I don't recall them checking bags, so you should be fine. It's more about preventing spills than anything so as long as it stays in your bag in the house I'm pretty sure you'll be ok.

If I have a Freestyle cup in hand before entering a house, I make sure it is empty well before getting to the facade. Then I carry it in upside down so they know it's empty. Never been questioned about it. Then I refill it when I pass another Freestyle stand and again make sure it's empty before entering the next house. If you have a capped drink or food in a bag, then you should be fine too. I've never seen a bag checked when going into a house, but of course if a person is seen pulling out drink or food from a bag in the house, they would probably pull that person out of the house. Not saying you would, though, but when in doubt you could always ask a TM just to be sure.

Tours are a tipped position
I tip 20% on public tours
More on the private tours

I know some people tip 15% to 20% per person

Since private tours are in the name of the person that books and pays for that tour,
You can have all give you their tip money and you give it to the tour guide or ask all in the group to tip when they leave the tour

I have had tours where peeps do not stay until 2:00 am when the tour is over

Thank you!

Hey guys, do you think it’ll be busier tonight (opening night) or tomorrow (Saturday) - thanks :)

Something derail your plans?

Ya, was supposed to have a friend come down on Wednesday (I live local, he lives FL panhandle), we were doing a whole weekend of stuff (Disney and universal). He had to cancel last minute as his work denied his leave.

Hey guys, do you think it’ll be busier tonight (opening night) or tomorrow (Saturday) - thanks :)

Opening night last year had crowds

Stranger Things really brought the crowds in

With the weather being fine and the house line ups, assume Friday will have crowds like last year opening night

Opening night last year had crowds

Stranger Things really brought the crowds in

With the weather being fine and the house line ups, assume Friday will have crowds like last year opening night
Thank you! Have just bought tickets for tomorrow evening :) Looking forward to reading the reviews so we know which mazes to do too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter