"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
After a whirlwind visit this past weekend, I'm posting a copy of the Coco/sugar skull theme shirts I made for dh and I. We wore them on Friday 8/30, NOT our original date for MNSSHP! We rearranged our days and times to accommodate Dorian. Anyway.... I made these shirts and TOT IMG_1541 (2).JPGdrawstring backpacks, all the white areas were glow in the dark and really cool looking in low light/no light! I wore my shirt with my Coco ears from last year shown in the pic. Lots of people stopped us asking about them, which was nice. So, if you saw people wearing these, it was us!!
We're probably a little crazy, but we may be going down again in October! We were invited with family who is going at that time and because they feel bad our anniversary trip was cut short. Seriously thinking of going! We probably won't do the MNSSHP again though. But I will be designing shirts for the others going!

After a whirlwind visit this past weekend, I'm posting a copy of the Coco/sugar skull theme shirts I made for dh and I. We wore them on Friday 8/30, NOT our original date for MNSSHP! We rearranged our days and times to accommodate Dorian. Anyway.... I made these shirts and TOT View attachment 432611drawstring backpacks, all the white areas were glow in the dark and really cool looking in low light/no light! I wore my shirt with my Coco ears from last year shown in the pic. Lots of people stopped us asking about them, which was nice. So, if you saw people wearing these, it was us!!
View attachment 432612
We're probably a little crazy, but we may be going down again in October! We were invited with family who is going at that time and because they feel bad our anniversary trip was cut short. Seriously thinking of going! We probably won't do the MNSSHP again though. But I will be designing shirts for the others going!
Just beautiful! :love::love::love: You're very creative and talented! Thanks for posting!

I know last night's party had unusually low attendance so people can't assume things will apply to any other party... but I would love to know how long the waits were for some of the characters who typically have long lines (Jack & Sally, Seven Dwarfs, Moana).
We were at the Friday night party. We were in line for Jack and Sally at 3, we were probably about 10 groups back. I kept leaving with one of my DD's to grab a snack and take bathroom breaks while my DH and the DD I wasn't taking held down our spot. The last time I was coming back in to the Town Square theater right around 4:20, one of the castmembers checking bands told me the wait was 2 1/12 hours. I am not sure how that compares to a "normal" party because we did the same strategy the first time we met Jack and Sally last Christmas but that seems like a hefty line despite the low crowds. I can't recommend enough getting in line for Jack and Sally (if they are a priority) as close to 3 as you can. It gave us a great A/C and rest break in the afternoon and yes, we had to wait about an hour and 45 minutes total but we weren't spending valuable party time waiting.

I am sorry I can't speak to Seven Dwarfs and Moana.

Just beautiful! :love::love::love: You're very creative and talented! Thanks for posting!
Thank you! I can't take credit for the inner Minnie/Mickey sugar skull as they were svg files I bought on etsy. BUT, they were not complete and a pain, so I had to heavily modify them and add all the extras, including the Minnie/Mickey head outline and all the Coco items including the lettering. Same with the Miguel decals for the TOT backpacks. I was very happy that the colors perfectly matched the Coco ears I got last year! That wasn't easy, but I think I nailed it!
I also made this F&W drawstring backpack, which I used this weekend as well.

And, it looks like a mirrored image at that... right?

I'm guessing the start of the Fantasyland extension... probably between 2010 and 2013.

OMG, thank goodness for your comment. I was looking at this trying to figure out why they would have photoshopped Liberty Square and Tomorrowland onto opposite sides of the park. It was hurting my brain. You're totally right, it's a mirror image!

Snagged a BOG reservation at 5:50 on my party day. Considering keeping it and doing Jack and Sally again.

If I get in line by 3-3:15, should I be wrapped up around 4:45-5? That’s what I’m gathering from earlier posts. Can’t remember the specifics of when I did it last year.

My sister and I will be attending a party in October with her two daughters (10 years old & 15 months). How does rider swap work during the parties? I cannot find any details on how it is done during the parties with no FP line in use.

Thanks!

I’m another person who didn’t cancel their Labour Day party...and we’re so glad we didn’t.

As others have said, very low waits for attractions and characters. Even Peter Pan and 7DMT were posted under 15 minutes during the second half of the night, and the actual wait was less. Most rides were walk-ons. Yes, Pirates and HM did go down briefly, but came back up not too much later (and that’s been happening all week...got stuck in the main town scene of Pirates for 20 minutes, lights on and music still running).

Photopass had low/no waits. Walked up for the hitchhiking ghosts and headless horseman shots. Longest wait was about 15 min for hatbox shot, but that was just after 7pm. Walked right up to a spot across from the reserved flagpole area right at the start of the second parade, so glad I cancelled Cruella’s.

Saw first Hocus Pocus show and first parade, just in case of rain. Got spots for each about 10-15 min prior, further back for the show but a great spot by Diamond Horseshoe on a planter wall for the parade. Didn’t bother with the non-fireworks show.

Left with a full knapsack of candy between the two of us. Some CMs were giving huge double handfuls. Some were still giving one or two pieces, probably because we were two adults without costumes. (Left everything at home because we figured the party would be rained out.)

Overall, very glad we went. Gorgeous weather, low crowds, lots of candy. Gotta love it.

e went straight to town square to meet jack and sally at 3. The cms in line were so nice! We were the sixth group in line and we waited until about 4:30. While waiting we took turns leaving the line to grab food at Casey’s, tried the Donald Duck brownie (tastes like chocolate cake, bummer) then went to gift shop and was able to purchase the two ornaments and pin at 3:20. At 4:30 they arrived and we were the last group for the first set! We finished by 4:40ish. They were fabulous by they way! I had a wonderful experience. As we left Nick from zootopia was outside so we stopped for a photo then went to get some candy, take some photos down the side street on main street. From there we went to check on the Winnie the Pooh line. There was no one so I grabbed a Fp for the ride. By the time we came out about 5:20 there were three parties in line so we waited. At 6:30 the gang came out and we were out by 6:38. From there we went to see Minnie Mouse, third group in line. She came out at 7, we were able to meet her by 7:05.

Thank you for your report! It's helped me solidify or justify some of my plans since J&S and Pooh & friends are top priorities for us. Our next priority will be the ducks to go with our costumes.

I can't recommend enough getting in line for Jack and Sally (if they are a priority) as close to 3 as you can.

Thank you for your report as well. I have decided I will use my AP to enter when arrive to MK to get in line for J&S. Family will have to meet me, but honestly there is no way my son on the spectrum could wait two to three hours in line. It's just a meltdown waiting to happen. This will break it up better for him.

Just returned from a Labor Day weekend trip. The party on Labor Day was fabulous! I have never seen such reasonable crowds. In fact the parks were unbelievably manageable the whole weekend. We even got to see Galaxy's Edge, which we never expected. I am glad we decided not to cancel although we did lose one day yesterday since we had to drive home when Delta canceled our flight out. But overall, it was great!

And, it looks like a mirrored image at that... right?

I'm guessing the start of the Fantasyland extension... probably between 2010 and 2013.
Geez. I kept looking at that picture and nothing made sense. So I did the only logical thing and posted it here. Thank you for catching that. I believe it had to be 2011ish. I know my family rode Dumbo in it's old spot back in 2011 and I believe the new Fantasyland opened sometime in 2012, but I could be mistaken.

I went to the party on 9/2 as well. I wasn't planning on any characters but last minute decided on Jack and Sally. I started my timer at 11:17, when I passed the cast members at the entrance of the line. I stopped my timer at 39 minutes, which was when I was done and walking into the store.
I tried the Jack push pop and shared Constance's wedding cake with my grandma. The only line we had to actually wait in was for Jack and Sally and for Space Mountain, which was about 10 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter