"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
@bitty246 and @drjackal31 some parties are crazy crowded and some are not. We saw several reports regarding both last year. It's getting harder to predict which night to attend because of it. MNSSHP is certainly evolving, more people are aware of its existence. Having a good plan is imperative, those who feel it's not necessary and/or believe they know it all because they attended a few years ago are typically the ones who come back just to post "Never again".

And the weather... most people don't know where to go or what to do when rides and characters are not available. Parades and Fireworks get delayed and/or shortened. Having a Plan A & Plan B (Inclement Weather) are a must and you'll do just fine! ::yes::

Please note the 2018 Itinerary thread is at your disposal. https://www.disboards.com/threads/“...arty-–-strategy-and-itinerary-thread.3672288/

Just an FYI for anyone planning on booking Cruella's, the price is either incorrect on the ADR page or there is a glitch. A booking for 2 adults and 1 child came to $205 ($35 for the child). A separate booking for 2 Adults came to $170. So it's not ringing up at the $99 +tax they are advertising. If it's a glitch, BOOK NOW, because it will get changed!! Also I can't tell if alcohol is included as none is advertised, just the statements that you need ID to purchase alcohol.

I answered but don’t know how to read what page number I was on, there were multiple posts after, lol

Last edited:
I guess there’s no telling when this event will be available to book? Well just have to keep checking?

I'm checking back constantly. The CM I spoke to last night said that they were working hard to get it live for booking so I am still hoping it will be today

I currently have a dessert party booked. Can I book this or will it make me cancel dessert party first?

I currently have a dessert party booked. Can I book this or will it make me cancel dessert party first?
Can’t have 2 reservations booked within an hour of each other.

Two options - if you have another MDE account at your disposal (spouse, sibling, child) book one event on your account and one on theirs. I currently have the fireworks party booked under my name and Cruella’s under my husband’s.

If you don’t have a second account available, book Cruella’s over the phone, and you won’t get the alert that you have to choose one or the other.

Congrats to the eagle-eyed peeps who scored the cheaper prices! That’s really awesome!

I would still consider booking this at the regular price, but am wondering whether anyone thinks there would be good fireworks views from the reserved area. I know that they have projections this year and am thinking that the sea of humanity will block the castle and anything but the high fireworks if we are at the flagpole...correct? Did anyone try this at Tony’s during MVMCP? I looked through the thread but couldn’t find this, though I’m sure it was asked (probably a hundred times, lol).

ETA- just realized that they might not even open up the reserved area for the Cruella event until after the fireworks, in which case my question is moot.

We are struggling with deciding between:

1) Attend two parties, with one parent staking out spots for both the parade and fireworks
2) Attend one party, with the Cruella add-on, and hope our early bird kiddo can last
3) Attend two parties, one with Cruella, one with fireworks dessert party
4) Attend one party, with one parent staking out spots for both the parade and fireworks, and trade off for taking kid to TOT spots and doing the ride overlays.

UGH! Why is this so hard? This will be our last party for the foreseeable future due to school getting harder to miss, and hubby has never been, so I really want to maximize our time and be able to fit the special rides, maybe a couple of B-level characters, TOT, parade, Hocus Pocus show, and fireworks.

We're doing option #3. First party we will do the Cruella add-on and hope that we get good weather and no rain out of the Headless Horseman, assuming that goes well, we don't have to worry about parade for the 2nd party. That 2nd party is when we have the dessert party add-on and will enjoy the fireworks then. For me, the add-ons are worth it for the no long wait and scoping out of spots for the parade and the fireworks, which to me are the 2 biggest special things about MNSSHP.

I am trying to decide if it is worth keeping my Plaza dessert party (with the assumption the new fireworks will be like HEA, where the best spots are limited) or doing Cruella's. It is my first (and likely only) MNSSHP and I tend to be more of a parade person...but the new fireworks will likely be amazing. Argh! Decisions, decisions...

I am trying to decide if it is worth keeping my Plaza dessert party (with the assumption the new fireworks will be like HEA, where the best spots are limited) or doing Cruella's. It is my first (and likely only) MNSSHP and I tend to be more of a parade person...but the new fireworks will likely be amazing. Argh! Decisions, decisions...
That is tough. I have been to many of the dessert parties and its really great for fireworks viewing, where Cruella's would be nice for parade viewing. If its your first time, I would go with fireworks!

That is tough. I have been to many of the dessert parties and its really great for fireworks viewing, where Cruella's would be nice for parade viewing. If its your first time, I would go with fireworks!
Do we know what time the fireworks are going to be?- I'm so excited to hear peoples review on this so that I can make my final decision

Just called, CM checked with supervisor. They are still working on adding cruella booking option

is it too much to spend all day at mk (with a monorail resort hop break for lunch) and then the party? or should i park hop?

is it too much to spend all day at mk (with a monorail resort hop break for lunch) and then the party? or should i park hop?
Only took us one party many years ago to realize it was best to make it a pool/resort/shopping day & enter the MK in the afternoon.

It’s a long night, lots of standing on your feet in line for characters/shows/FW/parade. Far more walking than the MVMCP for us.

Helps those who don’t have APH as you don’t have a park tix to enter at 4 pm (early for DVC).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter