"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, you do have a problem, as this picture clearly illustrates.

Not enough chocolate.

I went to all of the Trick or Treat stops at the first party, filled a jumbo 2.5 gallon zip loc bag. Then I gave away everything which was not chocolate, as well as the M&Ms and the KitKats.

That left me with less than a 1 gallon zip log bag of candy.

Not nearly enough Snickers, Dove, Milky Way, 3 Muskateers.

Way too heavy on the Skittles, Lifesavers and Starburst.

(M&Ms set off my TMJ so I can't eat them.)

This is my problem too. Slow your roll on the sticky Skittles and Starburst and SHOW ME THE CHOCOLATE! ;)

Re the walk from Magic Kingdom to Contemporary Resort:

I haven't done it at night. During the daylight it was easy enough to see, and there will be other people to point you in the right direction.

I will say that the walk felt much longer than anticipated, so keep that in mind.
[/QUOTE]
[/QUOTE]

The path is well lit and easy to navigate. It's not far and the Contemporary is in view the whole time so very easy to get to. Just mind the crosswalk and you'll be good to go!

We go to our first party ever on Friday. I'm hoping that with galaxy's edge and food and wine it won't be too bad. Love hearing how quiet it was!!

Weird question, but you take a handful of candy at each place? It seems you just need to go to a few trick or treat places and are fine. We are 3 adults and 2 kids (one with allergies). I figured we'd all trick or treat for a shorter time so we could do everything else. The parade is a priority.

Weird question, but you take a handful of candy at each place? It seems you just need to go to a few trick or treat places and are fine. We are 3 adults and 2 kids (one with allergies). I figured we'd all trick or treat for a shorter time so we could do everything else. The parade is a priority.

Yeah, we did the bypass and got first bunch of candy, then did Monsters Laugh Floor later where you get candy twice. Then cashed in daughter's allergy tokens and we had more than enough treats!

Reactions: cgh
I'm going back and reading everything to figure out the bypass. We are entering the park at 2 (DVC)
and have dinner reservations at 5 at skippers canteen.

Re the walk from Magic Kingdom to Contemporary Resort:

I haven't done it at night. During the daylight it was easy enough to see, and there will be other people to point you in the right direction.

I will say that the walk felt much longer than anticipated, so keep that in mind.

Always fastest than taking transportation to another resort. We've done that the year before, the walk is easy and fairly well lit.

I'm going back and reading everything to figure out the bypass. We are entering the park at 2 (DVC)
and have dinner reservations at 5 at skippers canteen.

If you mean the Main Street U.S.A. bypass, you cannot go wrong as there is a wall of cast members to help.

We go to our first party ever on Friday. I'm hoping that with galaxy's edge and food and wine it won't be too bad. Love hearing how quiet it was!!

The tricks or treat locations do not give away the same stuff. If you're into compotes, go to Carrousel of Progress as that's all they have (if you're not into compotes, this advice has just saved you 5 minute of your time).

Okay, I'm clueless clearly. Compotes? Jam? That's interesting that each place has something different. I'm working through this thread.

Bypass of mainstreet? Is that when you enter? Is it clear? We will enter at 2, have dinner, and might back track.

And party sorceror's card. Is that just ready at 7? reading everything and figuring out the plan.

Okay, I'm clueless clearly. Compotes? Jam? That's interesting that each place has something different. I'm working through this thread.

Bypass of mainstreet? Is that when you enter? Is it clear? We will enter at 2, have dinner, and might back track.

And party sorceror's card. Is that just ready at 7? reading everything and figuring out the plan.

Do not try to over-plan your party. Cast members are lovely as usual and will direct you while in the Park if you need any help.

At some point in the afternoon, Guest Flow will change how guests enter the park. That's irrelevant for guests entering before that time (I guess at 2pm you will enter the park as usual), if you do enter the park after that time, you will get redirected to an area that is backstage but often used as a bypass, or overflow if you will, east of Main Street U.S.A. That is where they give you your first bag of candies. If you happen to enter the party before the bypass is open, you can collect your wristband and first bag of candy at several locations, I do remember there is one right before Monster Inc. Laugh Floors but there are to be others.

Not been to the Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom to ask for the card, but I'll believe it is available only when the party starts. Maybe a few minutes before 7pm, as long as you have your wristband (which, at this time, you should have).

Fruit packets. You can get the card earlier. If you turn right as if you’re going to go behind the theatre (where you meet tink and Mickey) you’ll see the bypass. It just allows you to miss the crowds on main street and folks are there to direct you. But I don’t believe it’s open until closer to 4... I could be wrong ...

Last edited:
Fruit packets. You can get the card earlier. If you turn right as if you’re going to go behind the theatre (where you meet tink and Mickey) you’ll see the bypass. It just allows you to miss the crowds on main street and folks are there to direct you. But I don’t believe it’s open until closer to 4... I could be wrong ...

The bypass is not an “option”: when it's closed you can't use it, when it's open the cast members will not let you not use it.

Once again, there is a “wall” of cast members almost holding hands and making sure you go the right way. This is the spot you cannot get lost or confused once you're there.

Anyone met Minnie at the party? When does she start and what is her average wait time? I believe she is wearing her witch costume, so my daughter wants to meet her since she is wearing one too. Thanks!

Okay great thank you! What I mean by plan is a loose plan. Ie. knowing what's open where and figuring out where we'll begin. We will go with the flow as well, but will make sure we get our priorities.

Awesome! Thanks for posting that. We will be staying at Cabana Bay. How is the walk to CR? Is it clearly marked? Dark or lite? Safe and lots of people? We've never walked there or back before.!

It's a 5 minute walk, fairly lit for the most part and with some signs. Just follow everyone else!

Going there, when the gate attendant asked why we were going to the Contemporary, I said "Dining". That satisfied them and they let us in. You'll get dropped at the front entrance/ lobby. Walk past the Contemporary's bus stop and follow the path to Magic Kingdom. Another bonus - you use Contemporary's security check so it's pretty fast with so few people compared to the security check for all the other people!

Going back, stay to the left when exiting the park and follow the sign for Contemporary path, not resort buses. Then retrace your path. We ordered our uber in front of the lobby along with about 5 other families. No problems!

Weird question, but you take a handful of candy at each place? It seems you just need to go to a few trick or treat places and are fine.
I just wanted to add that the CMs put the candy in your bags. Some give 2 or 3 pieces. Some give handfuls. Luck of the draw 😀. If we see a CM getting their barrel replenished, we always pick that line over the other line because they might be more generous!

Regarding the live actors on the Pirates ride:

If I understand correctly, they start at 7PM, not before?

Also, how late do they stay? If I get in line for the Pirates ride shortly before the park closes, will the live actors still be there?

Regarding the live actors on the Pirates ride:

If I understand correctly, they start at 7PM, not before?

Also, how late do they stay? If I get in line for the Pirates ride shortly before the park closes, will the live actors still be there?

Correct they start at 7 pm. They should be there until the ride closes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter