Official 2019 Star Wars Rival Run Weekend

I missed the part where registering for the Kessel was its own option including the Challenge... ohh well. I guess I won't be do that this year. They should have made it an add on to the half or challenge, not its own registration.

If retyping your phone number, don't use autofill, doesn't work (which did for me as a test) try 1 space area code space phone number. Someone said that worked for them.

OMG that worked. I had to completely clear out the field, and do 1 (space) area code phone number.

GOOD GRIEF. Thank you!!! :sunny:

Whee. Took half an hour or so in the queue, and two separate tabs because it didn't look like I could register myself for the Kessel Run and wife/kid for the 5k together. (Fortunately, I did have both tabs open from the start, just in case.)

But I'm in.

Biggest problem I had was that the credit-card fill from 1Password didn't want to work, so I had to hand-type my credit card number. Like an animal.

If retyping your phone number, don't use autofill, doesn't work (which did for me as a test) try 1 space area code space phone number. Someone said that worked for them.
NOPE this is still not working for me. Just did the whole registration over in iE and still same issue with INVALID PHONE #. I can only type numbers in the input field and it says INVALID. It looks like this: +203 555 5502___

So we were asked to choose a side.. Light or Dark. So what will that change for us??? Bibs will most likely be different.. will the shirts and medals be different? I'm excited for this race more than the past two years. Its the best race Disney does, the weather is usually decent, and the entertainment is really really good. Let's hope they up the merch game too! Long live the Sith.

Fairly new to runDisney, I've only done W&D half in 2016. For that race and year, it was the 'get online the moment registration opens or you don't stand a chance' situation. It sold out in a matter of hours, I believe. Do you anticipate the 2019 Start Wars weekend (specifically the half and the 10k) to be that cut throat of a registration process? Does registration still work with ActiveAdvantage (to reduce the registration fees)? I'm sure I'll be back with a ton more questions........IF we decide to do that one (we is me, and daughter 13, and son 11).
TIA runners!

NOPE this is still not working for me. Just did the whole registration over in iE and still same issue with INVALID PHONE #. I can only type numbers in the input field and it says INVALID. It looks like this: +203 555 5502___

This is exactly what it looked like for me. I thought I could only type numbers too. It would only let me type a space if I first deleted all the info in that field (I highlighted my entire phone number, and hit "backspace" to clear the field) and then START OVER with 1 (space) area code phone number, in order.

Hope it works for you as well.

Fairly new to runDisney, I've only done W&D half in 2016. For that race and year, it was the 'get online the moment registration opens or you don't stand a chance' situation. It sold out in a matter of hours, I believe. Do you anticipate the 2019 Start Wars weekend (specifically the half and the 10k) to be that cut throat of a registration process? Does registration still work with ActiveAdvantage (to reduce the registration fees)? I'm sure I'll be back with a ton more questions........IF we decide to do that one (we is me, and daughter 13, and son 11).
TIA runners!

Active is no longer a part of the picture. Registration is through the Disney now. Make sure you have an account setup and ready to go. Princess has not sold out which always sells out in minutes each year but then Wine and Dine 2018 did sell out which didn't last year. Who knows.... Moral of the story is if you want to do the race, register as fast as you can, because you never know these days.

So we were asked to choose a side.. Light or Dark. So what will that change for us??? Bibs will most likely be different.. will the shirts and medals be different? I'm excited for this race more than the past two years. Its the best race Disney does, the weather is usually decent, and the entertainment is really really good. Let's hope they up the merch game too! Long live the Sith.

I'm really looking forward to this one. I did the Kessel Run last year - the Dark Side race was much nicer than the Light Side, IMO, with the exception of it being a bit too warm. Trees and Animal Kingdom make for better scenery than the streets of Anaheim.

Made the mistake of registering on my phone(had to, was on the train)....paid for it because I didn't see the Kessel Run Challenge listed on the scroll.
Registered for the Rival Run Challenge but I guess I miss out on the Kessel!!!!!
Darn!!

I missed the part where registering for the Kessel was its own option including the Challenge... ohh well. I guess I won't be do that this year. They should have made it an add on to the half or challenge, not its own registration.
Same mistake here too!!

Made the mistake of registering on my phone(had to, was on the train)....paid for it because I didn't see the Kessel Run Challenge listed on the scroll.
Registered for the Rival Run Challenge but I guess I miss out on the Kessel!!!!!
Darn!!

+ 1 to this. It was separate last year.

Well that was interesting, but it worked. Thank you to the helpers on this board!

I'm in for the Kessel Challenge with the half marathon only. I picked the Light Side, if only because I just did the Dark Side race this past April so I would like some Light Side merchandise!

I almost missed the Kessel Challenge too but at the last minute realized it was a standalone option. I have a feeling that is going to be an issue for a lot of people, especially those who did it last year and aren't expecting the different setup they have this year. I wonder if they'll let people change it??

Same mistake here too!!

FOR THOSE THAT MISSED THE KESSEL RUN REGISTRATION:

I just called run disney.. they said to register for the virtual half marathon and that they would update me to the kessel challenge... you gotta call them first to tag your account... seems easy enough.. was on and off the phone in less than 5 min

This is exactly what it looked like for me. I thought I could only type numbers too. It would only let me type a space if I first deleted all the info in that field (I highlighted my entire phone number, and hit "backspace" to clear the field) and then START OVER with 1 (space) area code phone number, in order.

Hope it works for you as well.
OMG that worked thank you!!

My wife is on a mobile phone and she cannot hit "SPACE" a number pad comes up and there is no space. Anyone get around this?

I just called run disney.. they said to register for the virtual half marathon and that they would update me to the kessel challenge... you gotta call them first to tag your account... seems easy enough.. was on and off the phone in less than 5 min
which # did you press on the phone for service??

Oh, that's good to hear. Hope that works out for everyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter