Official 2021 "Disney After Hours Boo Bash" Thread

gggggrrrrrrrr

I still can't get through. I'm hopefully going in august so I may get lucky. I am an AP holder and I tried that number he said he couldn't help me and seemed annoyed. He transferred me and it didn't go through. He stated more then one about being transferred and no guarantee the call would connect.

Like most others here, I have been trying the WDW numbers since 7:00 and DVC member services since 9:00. I haven't even made it to being put on hold.

I just went to the "Help Center" on the WDW site and tried every single number listed, even if it had nothing to do with tickets. Every single one of them was a busy signal. Just crazy!

Yeah I've been doing this for about 10 years now and it's always the same story. Sometimes you're lucky and get through right away. Sometimes you get disconnected and have to start all over. But the bottom line is that it shouldn't come down to this. We should be able to book online, just like dining and park reservations. Literally no other supplier functions like this.

It’s insane. They always know demand is going to be crazy for these things and they never do anything to prepare their systems for it. Maybe instead of blowing all that money on My Magic+ they should have invested in basic network architecture and telecom. (And not outsourced) What I’m stuck on is making people call in the first place, when the last year and more they’ve been driving people to book everything online, even pre-Covid…the system recognizes resort reservations for booking dining and whatnot, why not simple event tickets? It makes no dang sense at all.

I work as support staff in a CS contact center (albeit public sector) and my mind is just blown by how Disney operates this stuff. We’d get crucified if we worked like this tbqh.

Same. I was able to purchase 2 tickets for 10/15. Color of the DVC Membership card doesn't come into play.
[/QUOTE)
it makes sense to me that white/blue card doesn’t matter for Oct tickets since no discount

For those just tuning in...Let's throw a rundown into the middle of this...Correct me where I'm wrong...
  • Color of DVC card doesn't matter. Whatsoever. I am a resale owner and purchased tickets via DVC Member Services.
    • I used 407-566-3800 - assume the 800 number works, as well.
  • If you RENTED DVC Points - best not to call the DVC Numbers - you will be required to provide the account number and other information that you likely don't have. You're better off tackling this with just your reservation number where the DVC owner info isn't needed via 407-939-4240.
That sound about right??

What about those of us that aren't DVC card holders OR renters and just have resort reservations, should we just stick to the main 407-939-5277 number?

Long time lurker but wanted to thank everyone who has been providing updates on this thread, especially as I am looking for a ticket to the first night. I'm hard of hearing, so having to book something on the phone adds addition stress for me (which means this morning has not been going well). For those of you that have been able to get through, is there immediately a response or is there a period of silence before you hear something? My captioning app will hang up if there is no response once the phone call is answered, so I'm concerned that the few times I actually got through without an immediate busy sound or statement re: being unable to connect that I may have missed out being able to be on hold.

When I was dialing repeatedly from 7-8am, it would occasionally take 5+ seconds to hear anything on the line--typically a busy signal or a variety of voices telling me a variety of messages, including the gruff man mentionned earlier, which also gave me a bit of a start! I was not even paying attention the one call when it finally went through at 8:01am, but thankfully realized I was on hold before automatically ending the call. Three hours later I had my 2 tickets for 9/24. I called the number ending in 5277 ultimately, but went back and forth between this one and the one in the email for that hour.

Finally got through on DVC and was told since i'm renting I can't buy them at all...that I have to wait until June 15th to buy them. That today is for DVC members only?? Guess it just depends if you get lucky with which operator you get.

Long time lurker but wanted to thank everyone who has been providing updates on this thread, especially as I am looking for a ticket to the first night. I'm hard of hearing, so having to book something on the phone adds addition stress for me (which means this morning has not been going well). For those of you that have been able to get through, is there immediately a response or is there a period of silence before you hear something? My captioning app will hang up if there is no response once the phone call is answered, so I'm concerned that the few times I actually got through without an immediate busy sound or statement re: being unable to connect that I may have missed out being able to be on hold.
I have been calling since 7 and every time it would either be silent for 10ish seconds and then say Call Failed, or it would be a woman saying “all circuits are busy”, or just a busy signal. When I just got through, it didn’t ring but after a few seconds it said “thanks for calling Walt Disney World Resort!” Hope that helps!!

I understand your concerns. I have enough hearing to make out when they answer and I usually ask them to hold a moment and grab family or coworker if I am going to struggle with understanding them. In past experience they pick right up, but there are pauses of silence when it's on hold.

FYI, if you rented points or your name is not the primary account holder for DVC, they wont help you.
True. I am
FYI, if you rented points or your name is not the primary account holder for DVC, they wont help you.

True. I am an owner staying on my own points. I was able to purchase tickets for my daughter and her fiancé for a trip that we booked on our points for them.

I just waited on hold on the main reservations line for 2 hours and 10 minutes only to be told they are sold out for Halloween night — they were unable to modify a DVC reservation anyway! I’m on hold with member services now but not sure it’s going to do any good. Ugh!

I just waited on hold on the main reservations line for 2 hours and 10 minutes to be told they are sold out for Halloween night and unable to modify a DVC reservation anyway! I’m on hold with member services now but not sure it’s going to do any good. Anyone know if they holding back tickets for DVC members?

Finally got through on DVC and was told since i'm renting I can't buy them at all...that I have to wait until June 15th to buy them. That today is for DVC members only?? Guess it just depends if you get lucky with which operator you get.
Think they gave you misinformation, today is for anyone with resort reservations but you'd have to call the other non dvc number.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter