Official 2022 HHN 31 - Horror is Universal

Booked our stay at SF for Oct 13-16 during my daughter’s fall college break to do HHN and Behind the Screams tour. Only our second year but we learned we need more than that tour and one HHN night. Sadly will only be two nights but still better than 1! Eagerly waiting to hear any details and enjoying speculation. We both did a HHN survey a couple months ago about HHN too. Maybe will see some things in the survey

I wish they would just dismantle Fast and the Furious and put a maze back there. The maze there before F&F was really nice.
some idle rumors they might try to work that area in somehow this year, can’t quite wrap my head around how that would work unless it would entail just the holding areas.

Life's too short to be wishing the days away...but gotta admit I'm anxiously awaiting every HHN update - I live for this event and am SO there this year. :dogdance:

(Although still had a lot of fun last year at Sea World's inaugural event - it was very small, but a very worthy first-year effort. And so reasonably priced! )

Oh yay! My husband and I will be doing a HHN evening in Sept!! We have never gone, and I'm a bit of a scaredy cat, but I am determined to do this!

Any good tips for a newbie?

Do what I did, pushed my hubby to the front, grabbed him on his shoulders, shut my eyes as tightly as I could and forced him through everything! :ssst:

Nooo! Just joking. Though there were some pretty awesome jump scares that took me by surprise. Mostly awestruck with the sets, makeup and costumes. You're going to have a blast. I agree, go back to last years thread and read. ::yes::

Just out of curiosity, is there a Who's going & When thread for HHN 2022?
I know dates have not been released but I'm sure some of us have booked rooms.
We'll be there Wed. Oct 26-Tues, Nov 1st.
3 Adults looking to hook up with a Private Tour

it was very small, but a very worthy first-year effort. And so reasonably priced! )
Agree. Will say the scare zone ghouls were very enthusiastic. Had a raw, adult edge to it, definitely not for kiddos. Hope they keep that vibe going!
Just out of curiosity, is there a Who's going & When thread for HHN 2022?
Not yet, Mod Mac usually fires one up

Ooh thanks for starting this.
Our first HHN should have been last year but it was cancelled.
booked from the UK for 6 nights in October. Hoping to fit in 3 nights. Contemplating the tour but not sure if all the houses in one night might be to intense for our teen (who am i middling, he’ll be fine, it might be too intense for me) 😂 Can’t wait!

Agree. Will say the scare zone ghouls were very enthusiastic. Had a raw, adult edge to it, definitely not for kiddos. Hope they keep that vibe going!

They really were! I had to laugh as they chased us beyond the scare zone and down the path - now that's going above and beyond lol. I did like the decidedly adult vibe as well. Now that I'm thinking back, you have me considering that event this year too. My poor credit card.

Now if Universal would just bring back their BOGO tic offer, I'd be all set!

Does anyone know if AP gets a discount on Rush of Fear passes and express passes? Or is it only that free entrance ticket for certain levels of pass?

No discount for express pass. I’m not sure about the multi day passes, I did a survey for them and there was no mention of AP discounts just different pricing models and options.

Dear official HHN twitter account…if this post gets 666 likes, you will announce the dates for this year’s event

JK…although they are seriously yanking the chain to point it’s going to break. Come on, already! Give us a bone.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if AP gets a discount on Rush of Fear passes and express passes? Or is it only that free entrance ticket for certain levels of pass?
Last year only non premier AP discount was on Single-Night Ticket
  • Sept. 3, 4, 9, 10, 11, 12, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 29, 30
You have to go back to 2019 to see any AP discount on multi-night tix. who else would just “die” to see these prices again?:duck:

0C4BCCB2-1717-44B1-80C9-FCE9EAC8E39D.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter