"Official" 2022 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Let's Boo this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question to the AP holders: we were hoping to have APs for our upcoming trip (you know, back when we all thought the pause would only be from November until after the New Year crowds cleared out).

At this point, I'm just going to buy tickets and hope that when we visit (late August into September) that we'll be able to upgrade. I'll have to buy MNSSHP without the AP discount, too.

Anyone know if they'll give me anything (gift card, credit towards cost of upgrading, etc) for the discount that we would then be eligible for as AP holders? I feel like people have had that from the beforetimes, but it's been so long I don't remember specific details.

And, yes, I realize that this is likely wishful thinking as to whether they even open up APs, whether they'll still let you upgrade day tickets, etc. I'm just curious what the policy was before.

I really want to get our tickets today but the no cancellation policy is keeping me from doing this so soon. I’d be perfectly fine with a credit but I don’t think that’s a guarantee. For anyone who had a credit, what proof did they give you for when you made your next purchase? Is the credit only good for tickets? I’m torn but really want to buy soon.

I really want to get our tickets today but the no cancellation policy is keeping me from doing this so soon. I’d be perfectly fine with a credit but I don’t think that’s a guarantee. For anyone who had a credit, what proof did they give you for when you made your next purchase? Is the credit only good for tickets? I’m torn but really want to buy soon.
They don't give you any proof. You get a code, which looks a lot like the ticket purchase confirmation code. If you lose the code you lost the credit. The phone agent was quite clear that they cannot search for credits or help if you lose the code. The credit is only good for tickets, it can't be used for anything else. You can't purchase tickets online when you use it, you have to call.

They don't give you any proof. You get a code, which looks a lot like the ticket purchase confirmation code. If you lose the code you lost the credit. The phone agent was quite clear that they cannot search for credits or help if you lose the code. The credit is only good for tickets, it can't be used for anything else. You can't purchase tickets online when you use it, you have to call.
I think the code would be sufficient, is this a guarantee or a ymmv kind of thing?

Thanks!

No pixie dust here. I have a DVC guaranteed week reservation at the Riviera in October, and as a special birthday present, my wife is taking me to Galactic Starcruiser immediately before our Riviera stay. Both reservations are properly linked into my MDE. When I go online to try to buy MNSSHP tickets, the only date that it shows is during my Galactic Starcruiser reservation. It doesn't even give me the option of selecting any dates during our Riviera reservation. It is as if it finds the first reservation during the MNSSHP season, and will not include any dates for any other reservations you have during MNSSHP.

I tried calling the general ticketing number, and after a long time on hold, I spoke to a CM, and they transferred me to the DVC line. It said that the estimated wait was about an hour. After 10 minutes on hold there, I hung up. Maybe Disney needs to offer Lightning Lanes for phone calls.

At 2 am I got our tickets online (August 30th). A much easier process than Boo Bash last year! Our Boo Bash was a rainy disaster last year (pouring the entire night and not much was open or running) so we are excited to go to another Halloween party this year and even happier to try MNSSHP for the first time. Now fingers crossed for good weather!. For those who rented DVC points, we rented DVC points and I had no trouble getting my tickets online (I had the reservation linked in MDE).

After setting up the VPN I was in and got my tickets. Was only going to do one night but figured if they end up changing outfits or adding a different mix of characters I'll want a second night. Booked for Oct 2nd and Oct 4th.

Bought tickets this morning and selected hard tickets to be sent at no charge. Tickets also showed up on MDE immediately.

No pixie dust here. I have a DVC guaranteed week reservation at the Riviera in October, and as a special birthday present, my wife is taking me to Galactic Starcruiser immediately before our Riviera stay. Both reservations are properly linked into my MDE. When I go online to try to buy MNSSHP tickets, the only date that it shows is during my Galactic Starcruiser reservation. It doesn't even give me the option of selecting any dates during our Riviera reservation. It is as if it finds the first reservation during the MNSSHP season, and will not include any dates for any other reservations you have during MNSSHP.

I tried calling the general ticketing number, and after a long time on hold, I spoke to a CM, and they transferred me to the DVC line. It said that the estimated wait was about an hour. After 10 minutes on hold there, I hung up. Maybe Disney needs to offer Lightning Lanes for phone calls.
OK, so this might sound crazy, but I had the same problem where it was only showing one reservation date on the calendar. The CM on chat told me to click the arrow on the calendar, but there was no arrow. But, when I clicked around the spot where the arrow should have been, I was able to advance the calendar. It's just something wrong with their UI, and I tried different browsers but the arrow was still not visible. Try again, clicking a few spots just to the right of the number 2022 on the calendar.

After setting up the VPN I was in and got my tickets. Was only going to do one night but figured if they end up changing outfits or adding a different mix of characters I'll want a second night. Booked for Oct 2nd and Oct 4th.

We are going on Oct 2nd, too!

I purchased mine at 11am this morning, 8pm and it's still not showing up on MDE which is a bit worrying.

I really like how the only party dates that showed up were the ones going on during your stay.

Also, just an fyi. I've never had use my email barcode. Checkin has only involved tapping my magic band; and I always verified that the tickets were linked to MDE prior to my trips.

I have this as well. Can't find it in the MDE at the minute either.
I got just one bar code for two tickets also. But it shows up in MDE for both me and my wife, so I'm assuming it's good. On the confirmation, it also shows that the ticket is for 2 adults, with both our names listed.

I got just one bar code for two tickets also. But it shows up in MDE for both me and my wife, so I'm assuming it's good. On the confirmation, it also shows that the ticket is for 2 adults.

I've just checked MDE again and it comes up with both MNSSHP tickets (I have two different dates), just had to swipe right to see them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter