"Official" 2023 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Let's Get Spooky!

Always a party day of the early hours don’t worth you.

Wait times are way less we did so much on a party day last year, I posted it someplace and can find it if you’re interested.
As soon as the party dates were released this morning I booked 2 MK dates for our Aug stay, on party days. We won't be going to the party but historically as you say, the waits are much lower.

We will be there for the August 11th one. Just not sure I want to be there with all the bloggers and media for the 1st night.... Anyone done the 1st night before? How was it?
Many of the parties will sell out so I would not let opening day deter me if it was the only day I could go.

I'm not sure 2019 is a good year to use for comparison purposes when thinking about crowds, because that was the year of the Party Pass:
Walt Disney World has introduced the new Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party Pass, allowing access to unlimited special event nights for $299 plus tax. Well, technically “only” 35 nights–but this allows Party Passholders to attend every party night in August, September, October, and November except for October 31, 2019.

Please read this carefully. That was 2019 only. Don't mis-read this and think it's a current thing.

As soon as the party dates were released this morning I booked 2 MK dates for our Aug stay, on party days. We won't be going to the party but historically as you say, the waits are much lower.
I’m doing one of each! Plan to go to a party and plan to go to MK on a party day to enjoy the smaller crowds.

So last year we had tickets and a hurricane canceler our trip (first party night was canceled by Disney, then we couldn't get a flight for the second night). I'm now considering buying tickets for two trips - one in August, one in Oct, just to double my chances of actually going, despite hurricane drama. Is that crazy? Too crazy?

So last year we had tickets and a hurricane canceler our trip (first party night was canceled by Disney, then we couldn't get a flight for the second night). I'm now considering buying tickets for two trips - one in August, one in Oct, just to double my chances of actually going, despite hurricane drama. Is that crazy? Too crazy?
So if everything works out well, you plan to go twice? There are people who go twice in one year.

But if everything works out well, you wouldn't want to go to the second party for which you have tickets, well that's another story.

So if everything works out well, you plan to go twice? There are people who go twice in one year.

But if everything works out well, you wouldn't want to go to the second party for which you have tickets, well that's another story.
Well if I was "forced" to go on a second Disney trip, I guess I'd live with it. 😂 Actually I'd consider it a blessing.

Last edited:

Discounts
Annual Passholders and Disney Vacation Club Members can save $10 per ticket to Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party, valid for select event nights.
Yes, haven’t seen which dates qualify for the DVC. Not a long list Last year, didn’t see anything for dates we went in Sept & October
We will be there for the August 11th one. Just not sure I want to be there with all the bloggers and media for the 1st night.... Anyone done the 1st night before? How was it?
Believe It was sold out year we went that night. Was surprised to see it available on a trip in a trip in august. It was much more doable on other dates we went that year.

Generally, first nights for any event, at any park, can be a bit of a cluster with staff still settling into their roles.

Our first night visit was absolutely packed with those individuals promoting the event. One too many people thoughtlessly making unexpected dead :hmghost:stops in inconvenient places ’taping’ on their phones. I realize people rely on the bloggers for info, follow a couple myself :). however, there increasingly seems to be more than few who aren’t considerate of guests around them In the parks.

IMO If you can pick another night, would likely be less crowded.

Well if I was "forced" to go on a second Disney trip, I guess I'd live with it. 😂 Actually I'd consider it a blessing.
I’ll throw this out there, we bought mid October Halloween tickets at the very end of August last year. Many dates were still available then but several started filling up a week or two later. I can’t guarantee anything, but if you could shoot for an early August event, then if it doesn’t work, you should still have an opportunity for an October trip.

For resort guests who can book on April 27, how does that work? If I sign onto MDE, will it give me that option b/c it knows I have reservations at a Disney resort for a party night?

For resort guests who can book on April 27, how does that work? If I sign onto MDE, will it give me that option b/c it knows I have reservations at a Disney resort for a party night?
If I remember correctly the cast member looks up your reservation when you call in and maybe there was a link in an email announcement.

So now the question. There will be two parties during my trip. One a Tuesday. I love Tuesday parties. There will also be a Friday party. Would normally not think about a Friday, even in August but that’s actually my birthday. Bucket list to spend my birthday in a Disney park, but do I want to do the party on my birthday?

Honestly I’m considering doing both.

I am not doing a park everyday. It’ll be hot so I am already planning to stick to the first few hours of the day or doing evening to close. And I love MNSSHP. Also on my days the party ticket is cheaper than the park tickets 🤣.

I haven’t gotten park tickets yet because I was waiting for these dates so should I just party it up two nights or pick one out of the two?

Exactly! And now it’s like do I do the way more expensive party, skip, or do another weekend.
I am not sure I understand the logic of the switch from Sunday to Monday for Labor Day and Columbus Day weekend. Those holidays are not typically extended school breaks. It is usually just that day. So having the party on Monday instead of Sunday hurts parents who want to use Monday holiday as the travel back home day.

I just moved our August trip a week out to be able to go to the first party!

Someone earlier in the thread asked about DAS and I didn't see an answer. Is DAS available during the party?

Also, does anyone remember what time fireworks are?

For resort guests who can book on April 27, with non activated AP, will Disney refund the price difference once your AP is activated?

FYI: Here's 2022 AP Discount info. for those interested.
Direct link
2023 is still unknown at this time.

Yes, when you buy online only the dates during your trip will be available for you to purchase.

Are you sure about this? 1/2 of my trip is offsite while the backend of my trip is at Grand Floridian. We actually want to do the Halloween party the night before our first park ticket. Wonder if i can call and ask nicely?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter