"Official" 2023 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Yuletide Joy

Do the Christmas overlays on the rides start when we can enter at 4? Or do we need to ride those rides after 7 to see the special effects?

Same! In fact only a quick trip to do Party night then next day Epcot. Staying on the boardwalk to maximize Epcot day, as our party is a Sunday with our Epcot day being a Monday with extra hours.
We have Epcot on full Day 1 & MVMCP on Day 2. Disney springs etc on Day 3 before our late afternoon flight home. I didn’t know Epcot has the evening extra hours… hmm. Maybe I should change to a deluxe resort 🤣

No, there will be a check in point inside the park and that's preferable and a lot shorter line. :-)

Edited to add, this review of MNSSHP will give a good idea of how entry from within the park works.
Never mind. Just realized I booked CRT on the wrong day lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Do the Christmas overlays on the rides start when we can enter at 4? Or do we need to ride those rides after 7 to see the special effects?
It depends on the overlay. Jingle Cruise, for example, will be going on all day long. The loud flashy lights and music at Space Mountain is most likely at 7, or maybe in the 6-7 interregnum where they’re still working day guests out.

It depends on the overlay. Jingle Cruise, for example, will be going on all day long. The loud flashy lights and music at Space Mountain is most likely at 7, or maybe in the 6-7 interregnum where they’re still working day guests out.
Thank you! We’ll plan Jingle Cruise for the 4-7 window and then the others after 7, then!

We have Epcot on full Day 1 & MVMCP on Day 2. Disney springs etc on Day 3 before our late afternoon flight home. I didn’t know Epcot has the evening extra hours… hmm. Maybe I should change to a deluxe resort 🤣
It depends. Our party is on a Sunday and then Monday is an Epcot evening hours for deluxe. So, you’d have to see if it has EE on your Epcot day.

It depends. Our party is on a Sunday and then Monday is an Epcot evening hours for deluxe. So, you’d have to see if it has EE on your Epcot day.
We’re doing Epcot on Monday & party on Tuesday. It looks like extended evening hours will be on the Monday. I should look into it, though if the park is open until 9:30 pm that is probably plenty for us haha. We are staying at a Skyliner resort which is convenient to Epcot as well. I wasn’t going to do deluxe this time as we won’t be at the resort at all, but something to think about with the extra hours.

We’re doing Epcot on Monday & party on Tuesday. It looks like extended evening hours will be on the Monday. I should look into it, though if the park is open until 9:30 pm that is probably plenty for us haha. We are staying at a Skyliner resort which is convenient to Epcot as well. I wasn’t going to do deluxe this time as we won’t be at the resort at all, but something to think about with the extra hours.
Yeah I know it’s probably plenty of time at Epcot with early morning included too. My friend who’s going down with me has only been to Epcot once and alsi really wanted to try storm along bay at YC so we will be taking a break mid day. I’m a big mid day breaker, and since we are down this time for a short trip we also wanted close Park proximity to maximize our trip time. I’m hoping she “catches the bug” and wants to also take a quick spring trip down before our longer girls trip in September. My family is only willing to go every 2 years or so, so I got to get my friends on board, lol!!
Sounds like you’ve got the close proximity of the park thing covered with the skyliner! Either way we’re all going to have fun!

Yeah I know it’s probably plenty of time at Epcot with early morning included too. My friend who’s going down with me has only been to Epcot once and alsi really wanted to try storm along bay at YC so we will be taking a break mid day. I’m a big mid day breaker, and since we are down this time for a short trip we also wanted close Park proximity to maximize our trip time. I’m hoping she “catches the bug” and wants to also take a quick spring trip down before our longer girls trip in September. My family is only willing to go every 2 years or so, so I got to get my friends on board, lol!!
Sounds like you’ve got the close proximity of the park thing covered with the skyliner! Either way we’re all going to have fun!
Oh it will be wonderful to stay at the YC. Hopefully it will be warm enough for pool, we have been when it was really cold in December but I’m also keeping my fingers crossed for warm weather for our trip.
I think staying at YC your friends should definitely catch the bug. Lol. 🤞
We go pretty often (just had a weeklong trip end of August) so it’s not like we have to do it all, and our focus on this trip is to do the holiday things but… my kid will want to do some rides too and if we could do them 9:30-11:30 then we could truly use the rest of the time to enjoy the holiday festivities! Oh no, now I don’t know what to do! Lol
You’re right though either way will have so much fun!

I have an annual pass so I decided to go by myself to the Christmas party to start off the christmas season in the beginning of December even though I already have a trip with others in October.

Im realizing the flaws of my plan lol...even with an annual pass it's expensive. The Christmas party ticket is $200 or so and $200 or so a night even at pop century for 3 nights (Fri/Sat/Sun). Then flights. So all in all like a $1000 trip. The annual pass helps but maybe I was too hasty <_<
We are doing the same but staying slightly off property at a Flamingo Crossing hotel. We found a room for less than $100 a night. We stayed there once before when my daughter was DCP, great location, offers shuttles and just a short uber away from everything.

We are currently planning to do MK during the day and then stay for the party. We have a 5 year old and 8 year old and now getting a little nervous that it will be too much in one day. We may need to take a break mid-day. If you've done this...how was it? Were you able to get enough out of both the regular day and the party for it to be worth it? Thanks!

We are currently planning to do MK during the day and then stay for the party. We have a 5 year old and 8 year old and now getting a little nervous that it will be too much in one day. We may need to take a break mid-day. If you've done this...how was it? Were you able to get enough out of both the regular day and the party for it to be worth it? Thanks!
No personal experience, but this year we’re attending with a 5 year old in the group. We’re only planning to do the Party that day and just have a “resort day” of swimming and whatnot until ~3pm and then heading over to MK to enter the Party around 4.

Since you can get in the Party that early, and because 10pm nightshow is late enough for a little one as it is, we figure ~3:30-10:30 carseat to carseat is going to be a long enough day.

My kids are older than yours and we don’t attempt to do a park on our party day. We sleep in, swim, and relax until party time. When they were younger, we’d sometimes do a park into lunch then break for a nap, but mine would have never made it from open to close at those ages (or even now!!!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter