Official 2024 Universal Studios HHN 33 Thread

View attachment 861766
Inspired by the 2022 scare zone, Sweet Revenge. What initially appeared to be a sweet 1950’s Halloween parade, takes sinister turn. Major Sweets candy transformed the children into cold-blooded killers.

it was a well-done scarezone, likely will translate nicely into a house.

Anyone else thinking they are being “epic-ly” frugal :p , via reusing old props on hand lol
If this isnt in my top 2 for this year, I am going to be disappointed

I guess I need some advice. I've never been to HHN. My son and I are booked for 11/2 to 11/7 this year. I didn't even know that HHN was still going on to the 3rd! I've been wondering if we could just do a 3 or 6 tour of the houses on the 3rd? I don't know if Universal shuts down things early or not. I would like the day time walk through of 3 houses at least to see how things are done. I don't really like to be scared, so this event sounds like I might like it.

Are there any reviews on the 3 night or 6 night tours? or has anyone one here done one recently and could give me some advice?

This is all so new to me and I was really surprised to see that the HHN was still going on that weekend. We can't do the 2nd because we will get in late and won't be in the mood to go to the park that night. So, if we go, it will be that sunday the 3rd.

thanks for any and all help and advice in advance:)

guess I need some advice. I've never been to HHN.
You are in the right spot. I’ve been buried hehe here. Will dig @ send u some info

Robbie does Awesome TR re the lights on tours. I skipped it last year but, really do enjoy them. Fascinating to see the degree of detail

I’ve done the full tour & some of HHN in same day. It’s makes for a very long one! If possible, wouldn’t schedule both the same day. Perhaps, the 3 house, then HHN afterwards

3 & 6 house info, pp rate

IMG_1268.jpegIMG_1269.jpeg

Last edited:
The one I'm not interested in is the slaughter sinema.....I think it will be very much too visually graphic for me - I know other houses might have similar scenes incorporated, but slaughter as a central theme makes it seem like that will feature extremely prominently throughout the entire house. Just something I'd rather avoid. The other two have elements that specifically interest me, and seem like they will have more variety in the make-up/visuals/scare tactics.

I also actually really like that the first 3 announced are originals and not IP specific - a lot of the IP I am unfamiliar with, so these give something that anyone can relate to without having to know a specific show or movie.
The first Slaughter Sinema from HHN28 was a bunch of fictional B movies like Devil Dogs , the Cult of Beast Babies. It was like the HHN version of Sci Fi Diner movies. It even had a Yeti in it which spawned the Yeti houses we had afterwards.

I guess I need some advice. I've never been to HHN. My son and I are booked for 11/2 to 11/7 this year. I didn't even know that HHN was still going on to the 3rd! I've been wondering if we could just do a 3 or 6 tour of the houses on the 3rd? I don't know if Universal shuts down things early or not. I would like the day time walk through of 3 houses at least to see how things are done. I don't really like to be scared, so this event sounds like I might like it.

Are there any reviews on the 3 night or 6 night tours? or has anyone one here done one recently and could give me some advice?

This is all so new to me and I was really surprised to see that the HHN was still going on that weekend. We can't do the 2nd because we will get in late and won't be in the mood to go to the park that night. So, if we go, it will be that sunday the 3rd.

thanks for any and all help and advice in advance:)
Just curious, any reason why you are looking at the unmasking tours instead of going to the event? In case you didn't realize those tours are the unmasking the horror tours that go on during the daytime with lights on and everything.

Thank you Keishashadow for getting things up and running here for HHN this year. I know this is a labor of love on your behalf. Sorry I’am 10 pages late to the party. You are awesome.

Anyone else thinking they are being “epic-ly” frugal :p , via reusing old props on hand lol
Over the years I have picked up on numerous props from previous years in the different Houses and Scare Zone's. It is pretty obvious for sure.

That being said, it will be interesting to see how they interpret Ghostbusters differently then the House presented HHN29 and Slaughter Sinema from HHN 28.

Past Scare Zone areas that have been interpreted to houses have done well. It will be interesting to see what they do with Major Sweets. The Scare Zone was colorful.

A few pictures to keep the HHN fires burning.

IMG_2840.jpeg

IMG_2838.jpeg

IMG_2721.jpeg

IMG_3632.jpeg

IMG_0854.jpeg

IMG_2233.gif

Ghostbusters could be Frozen Empire since you have the old Ghostbusters plus Paul Rudd and new people from the reboot in it.
Yea, i'm going off the assumption the Ghostbusters house will be frozen empire.

I'm not super thrilled with the other rumored IPs, but I am very excited it sounds like this year we're getting 6 originals instead of 5/5 split

Reactions: shh
Are there any rumors of a Five Nights at Freddy's house? I keep telling my DS and DD about the house announcements, and DS said he's hoping for that house/IP, over anything else....

Are there any rumors of a Five Nights at Freddy's house?
since movie sequel won’t be out till Dec ‘25 :confused3 I think they’d save the house.

Outside chance to do one based on games/movie this year, then reuse props & tweak for ‘25

Are there any rumors of a Five Nights at Freddy's house? I keep telling my DS and DD about the house announcements, and DS said he's hoping for that house/IP, over anything else....
From what I've gathered it was planned for this year but negotiations broke down and they had to scrap it

It sounds the IPs for this year will be

Ghostbusters
A Quiet Place
Universal Monsters (feature bride of Frankenstein)
Insidious

All rumored obv until announcements are made.

Just curious, any reason why you are looking at the unmasking tours instead of going to the event? In case you didn't realize those tours are the unmasking the horror tours that go on during the daytime with lights on and everything.
Yes, the cost is a little much after paying for the resort, tickets, flights, etc, etc. Plus, A Big Plus, I don't like to be scared! I can't stand anyone behind me. I do love to see the way they set up these houses and things like that though. If my son wants to pay for a ticket, he can go but it's not for me. I'm a big chicken, LOL.

Yes, the cost is a little much after paying for the resort, tickets, flights, etc, etc. Plus, A Big Plus, I don't like to be scared! I can't stand anyone behind me. I do love to see the way they set up these houses and things like that though. If my son wants to pay for a ticket, he can go but it's not for me. I'm a big chicken, LOL.
If you can’t stand people behind you, the conga lines of HHN are definitely not for you

If you can’t stand people behind you, the conga lines of HHN are definitely not for you
It's more like if someone creeps up behind you or if someone gets in your space following you. That kind of thing. I'm ok with crowds though. I know I wouldn't be able to tolerate those lines:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter