Official APH Rate Info for Universal Loews Hotel Properties

I can only write what are the hotel policies
Why don’t you call the hotel directly and ask if one of the two pass holders be allowed to book the third room since you are under age and going as a group split up into three separate rooms
And let them know there will be a 21 or older assigned to your room but does not have the ap, but you do

all you can do is ask
But get the name of the person that you talked to so you have back up in case it is needed.

we can only tell you about UO hotel rules
Discuss it with Loews department

hope this helps!
Thanks for taking the time to answer, I appreciate it!

So at the beginning of this thread it states " Rates extended thru 1st two weeks of August, 2022 " - is that correct or was it 2021?

Has anyone had any luck with APH for September - been checking every day for well over a month now - have something booked already but hope to do better.

First off, yes that was a typo -- the rates were extended through the first half of August 2021.

We're visiting in late August. My best guess is that the rates for the rest of August, plus September and into October, will drop around the same time Universal announces the "Passholder Appreciation Days" dates and perks (which, if they follow last year's pattern, would be expected to come out between mid-May and early June, with the "appreciation days" scheduled from mid-August through September). But, who knows? It won't necessarily follow any pattern at all in these unpredictable times. I still keep an APH search for my dates bookmarked and check it every morning, just in case. :)

Last edited:
So at the beginning of this thread it states " Rates extended thru 1st two weeks of August, 2022 " - is that correct or was it 2021?
Oops, A case of fat fingers...it’s been edited on 1st post to...

Will it be ok if one of the Annual Passes belongs to a teenager? All 3 rooms will have guests over 21, it's just that annual passholder in one of the rooms isn't 21.
Smart advice to call & verify.

Going by how WDW rolls, thinking no. My GD had their AP & her parents (regular passes) were unable to book the rate with her in the party. They were told it was due to her being under the permissable age to actually book a reservation.

My best guess is that the rates for the rest of August, plus September and into October, will drop around the same time Universal announces the "Passholder Appreciation Days" dates and perks (which, if they follow last year's pattern, would be expected to come out between mid-May and early June, with the "appreciation days" scheduled from mid-August through September). But, who knows? It won't necessarily follow any pattern at all in these unpredictable times. I still keep an APH search for my dates bookmarked and check it every morning, just in case. :)
They’ve been pretty consistent over the years and patterns do tend to form.

The last year has been such a mess, who knows how things will roll out

At least we have this thread and some diligent DIS’rs who check the rates frequently. :thumbsup2

I'm in the same position as @weather_lady . We are going the week after the APHs are announced. I check daily as this has been a big money saver in the past. I'll definitely share if I find the APH has been extended. Many people poo-poo August, but if that is the only times work & school allows for, so be it. We're booked right now for Savvy rate at PBH, so even if no APH rates come out, we'll be okay.

I'm in the same position as @weather_lady . We are going the week after the APHs are announced. I check daily as this has been a big money saver in the past. I'll definitely share if I find the APH has been extended. Many people poo-poo August, but if that is the only times work & school allows for, so be it. We're booked right now for Savvy rate at PBH, so even if no APH rates come out, we'll be okay.
we’ve found that crowds tend to start falling off the 2nd week in august. Same as with our beach trips to Myrtle beach the same time period. Told many of the southern states start up their year relatively early vs what we are accustomed to in our area up North That observes the traditional summer break period.

Of course Summer in MCO will be challenging as to humidity & heat. we’ve had similar sweltering experiences from the end of May well into October there over the years, managed to enjoyed them all quite nicely.

we’ve found that crowds tend to start falling off the 2nd week in august. Same as with our beach trips to Myrtle beach the same time period. Told many of the southern states start up their year relatively early vs what we are accustomed to in our area up North That observes the traditional summer break period.

Of course Summer in MCO will be challenging as to humidity & heat. we’ve had similar sweltering experiences from the end of May well into October there over the years, managed to enjoyed them all quite nicely.

This tends to be fairly reliably true in our experience. Summer travel will likely be up all-around this year, but it will still begin to taper off in August. Not only do some schools begin in August, but others that begin in September start their sports programs in August, restricting family travel. The weather is brutal, but little worse than July, and the crowds are notably lower.

We just got back from a spring break trip to Universal and upgraded the whole family to AP's in order to add a few days to our WDW trip in August. We'll be at Portofino for 2 nights August 9-11 (was surprised to find the rates out already). I only wish they had a place we could park our travel trailer!

So I see that I can reserve a room with the e annual pass but I can’t see the ap ticket rates. Does anyone know what the prices are and how to buy them? Or it cheaper through some other vendor?

So I see that I can reserve a room with the e annual pass but I can’t see the ap ticket rates. Does anyone know what the prices are and how to buy them? Or it cheaper through some other vendor?

They are for sale on the website. Costs and comparative benefits are all listed there. Just make sure you are looking at the right page. FL residents have different costs/options than others.

I can’t see the ap ticket rates. Does anyone know what the prices are and how to buy them? Or it cheaper through some other vendor?
Do you mean the discounted tickets you can buy with the AP? I think you can only buy them at the gate and no other discounts apply. % off depends on AP level.
"10-15% off multi-day theme park admission tickets purchased at the front gate (Up to 6 tickets per transaction per day; not valid on Universal Express passes, or tickets with Universal Express)"

If you'd be buying full price tickets, that's probably the best discount. But when there are promos (ie buy 2 days get 2 free) those will be a bigger savings.

How often are new/additional AP rates added as you get closer to a date? I caught a couple of AP rate nights at PBH for our August trip, but was surprised at the limited number of rooms and options there were for dates that were 4 months out (I'd rather be at RPH for the walk to IoA). Is it likely additional opportunities will come up later, or is this probably all there will be.?

For some time periods, AP room rates can go fast.

Savvey Travelor (stay more, save more ) has an allotted number of rooms based on dates

Some discounted hotel rooms using a discount booking code do go fast and slots fill up.

Varies all the time for when discount rates are released.

If a hotel has many vacancies, discounts usually pop up.
The more the rooms are booked, chances are you are looking at limited discounts or rack rates.

Hotels want a high occupancy and it varies when they release ap or savvy travelers rates.

Just keep checking and many find a decent rate two months out at times.

People cancel all the time and discounts can be found when more rooms have not been booked.

For some time periods, AP room rates can go fast.

Savvey Travelor (stay more, save more ) has an allotted number of rooms based on dates

Some discounted hotel rooms using a discount booking code do go fast and slots fill up.

Varies all the time for when discount rates are released.

If a hotel has many vacancies, discounts usually pop up.
The more the rooms are booked, chances are you are looking at limited discounts or rack rates.

Hotels want a high occupancy and it varies when they release ap or savvy travelers rates.

Just keep checking and many find a decent rate two months out at times.

People cancel all the time and discounts can be found when more rooms have not been booked.

Thanks! This is along the lines of what I anticipated. I'll keep watching.

Book now, and continue to watch for cheaper rates. You can always switch to a lower rate that is available.
Sometimes, like this Spring Break, prices went ABOVE rack rates.
Edit: My apologies, I quoted the wrong person.

I booked my October trip last August/September (booked then upgraded a week later) Savvy Traveler rate. My hotel isn’t available for my dates at this point for any room category. I will check back for an AP rate, but I’m not holding my breath. I followed Macraven’s advice. From the time I booked my rates only went up and then availability disappeared. Just something to think about.

Edit: My apologies, I quoted the wrong person.

I booked my October trip last August/September (booked then upgraded a week later) Savvy Traveler rate. My hotel isn’t available for my dates at this point for any room category. I will check back for an AP rate, but I’m not holding my breath. I followed Macraven’s advice. From the time I booked my rates only went up and then availability disappeared. Just something to think about.

Yes, we are going there this weekend. But, I'd been originally thinking early Feb. I'd been tempted by some unusually cheap RP AP rates. I though it over for a day or two. By the time I called the AP rates were gone. By then I'd had my heart set on RP then, and they didn't have ANY rooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter