***Official August 2010 Thread!! Come Join Us In The Countdown!*****

It is getting close and everyone's excitement is making me excited!!!! I did laundry all day today and made out my list. I will be starting a brief PTR tomorrow and will post my link. I had decided to do a TR but felt like I should start with a brief PTR first. Stay tuned tomorrow. PTR will include dining plans, packing strategy and daily plans. Hope you guys join me. :goodvibes

It is getting close and everyone's excitement is making me excited!!!! I did laundry all day today and made out my list. I will be starting a brief PTR tomorrow and will post my link. I had decided to do a TR but felt like I should start with a brief PTR first. Stay tuned tomorrow. PTR will include dining plans, packing strategy and daily plans. Hope you guys join me. :goodvibes

I look forward to reading it...I did a boat load of things tonight for my trip....tomorrow I finally pack :cool1:

Doing last minute laundry and beginning to pack tonight!!!

P.S. Has anyone recently flown with a diaper wearing child? I ask because no one can give me a confident answer about changing tables on planes. Does anyone know if any planes come equipped with these? Just curious! Thanks in advance!!!

We're back too!!!! Heat indexes between 105 and 110 every day. Humidity and heat were really bad even by central Florida standards. We had a good time anyway. We had to constantly adjust our touring plans to deal with weather. We had some days when it rained 6 times in one day. Will begin my trip report soon. and just 89 days til my next Disney vacation!!! :rotfl::rotfl:

We're back too!!!! Heat indexes between 105 and 110 every day. Humidity and heat were really bad even by central Florida standards. We had a good time anyway. We had to constantly adjust our touring plans to deal with weather. We had some days when it rained 6 times in one day. Will begin my trip report soon. and just 89 days til my next Disney vacation!!! :rotfl::rotfl:

welcome back! :goodvibes

In just 36 1/2 hours we will be boarding our flight..WooHoo:woohoo:
Now it's time for laundry:laundy:internet disboards::surfweb:A little popcorn at cheerleading practicepopcorn:::cheer2:
And we are all set.....

12 days until our red-eye flight!!!

So much to do between now and then (we are the crazies who are moving right now..... :rotfl: ), but can't wait to be on our way to visit friends and enjoy the HOT sun in the happiest place on Earth!!!

:goodvibes

And now we are at 5 days!!!

Woohoo! :rotfl: :thumbsup2

We moved last weekend and are in the process of unpacking/unloading boxes. It is chaos at home, but I'm taking comfort in the fact that in just 5 DAYS we will be on a plane!!!!!! ;)

I was there in the heat too!! :cool1: So sad thats its over already.

We are at T-7 hours until we leave for the airport...Had lots to do at the last minute this time....But OMG it's finally happening. After all these months. Hey who am I kidding, we just booked in May when free dining was announced. But have been planning since we got back last September.....
Much Pixie Dust for good weather with not much rain. Hope everyone has a great trip. We won't be back until September 5..Woo Hoo:woohoo::banana::banana::banana::banana:

We are at T-7 hours until we leave for the airport...Had lots to do at the last minute this time....But OMG it's finally happening. After all these months. Hey who am I kidding, we just booked in May when free dining was announced. But have been planning since we got back last September.....
Much Pixie Dust for good weather with not much rain. Hope everyone has a great trip. We won't be back until September 5..Woo Hoo:woohoo::banana::banana::banana::banana:

If you don't like wearing hot plastic ponchos, then consider just wearing a swim suit and putting an easy dry pair of shorts or skirt over it. Honest. I was sweating so profusely that each day I asked myself WHY WHY didn't I bring a swimsuit that was appropriate to wear under a pair of shorts. :confused3

Our countdown clock is done and we are leaving for the airport in 20 minutes.
The kids are up..The bags are packed..And by noon we will be at MCO......
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..POR muffelata here I come for lunch....:dance3:

The sad news is that I heard from a friend that after we left on Sunday it has been raining every day. We had bad rain on Saturday last week but Sunday seemed to be ok on our check out day. I've got the Disney Depression again. :sad2::sad1::sad2:

Hi everyone! :yay: We just got back on the 25th. It was an amazing trip!! I am definitely having Disney withdrawal now and really want to go back either next Summer, Fall, or Summer 2012 after we graduate.
Overall it was an amazing trip.
Weather was obviously hot but manageable. First few days felt the worst but it rained the last 3 days we were there. The rain wasn't bad at all though. It would rain for maybe an hour and then stop the rest of the day. I was actually cold some of those nights and even got a hot chocolate in EPCOT. :rotfl: On our last day TOT only had a 10-15 minute wait and we got on Space Mtn in about 10 minutes also! :thumbsup2
Overall I'd definitely come back during August even though it would be nice to try it at a cooler time. We had plenty of time to do everything we wanted. Can't wait to do regular dining next time since we just did quick service. Have fun if you're leaving soon!! I totally envy you.

Hi everyone! :yay: We just got back on the 25th. It was an amazing trip!! I am definitely having Disney withdrawal now and really want to go back either next Summer, Fall, or Summer 2012 after we graduate.
Weather was obviously hot but manageable. First few days felt the worst but it rained the last 3 days we were there. The rain wasn't bad at all though. It would rain for maybe an hour and then stop the rest of the day. I was actually cold some of those nights and even got a hot chocolate in EPCOT. :rotfl: On our last day TOT only had a 10-15 minute wait and we got on Space Mtn in about 10 minutes also! :thumbsup2
Overall I'd definitely come back during August even though it would be nice to try it at a cooler time. We had plenty of time to do everything we wanted. Can't wait to do regular dining next time since we just did quick service. Have fun if you're leaving soon!! I totally envy you.

Welcome back to my fellow Mainer!!! I leave on Saturday morning (6:15 flight!) Hope we have as good of a trip as you did!!! :banana:

We leave tomorrow...yippee :cool1: Can't wait to check out POP Century. Hope we get a refurbished room. Kids are excited and so am I and DH. Anyone back from POP? May all your magical wishes come true....:goodvibes Can you tell I'm wired.:yay:

Ok which Florida were you at :confused3 because the one I was at was hot but NOT manageable! It was hot but manageable in 09 but not during my trip Aug 11-19th. Our first several days it rained at least 6 separate times per day. It was insanely hot and humid. It was bad even by central Florida standards. We had NO cool evenings.... I was in a perpetual state of shvitz (sweating: but in Yiddish it has more emphasis)!! I wished I'd had a swimsuit without a skirt on it so I could just wear that under my clothes instead of underpants and bra because they were perpetually soaked. On our last day, the 19th, we went to EPCOT which was supposed to be the busy park of the day, but it was much less crowded than previous days... so maybe people did leave? While we were there ToT never had a short wait.... nothing did at DHS. We even got a Fastpass for Peter Pan :eek:... never in my life did I ever think I'd have to do that! lol A couple of the last days it was supposed to rain, and it sure needed to.. but it did not... which was totally weird. :confused3 We did have a good time, but I don't think I ever want to go back in August unless there is no heat wave. Last summer was fine... this was crazy. We actually passed on almost all outdoor rides. Several of our days there was a dangerous heat warning (red letter day) and heat index was 105-110!! Apparently we left a few days too early, and the normal weather followed.

We leave tomorrow...yippee :cool1: Can't wait to check out POP Century. Hope we get a refurbished room. Kids are excited and so am I and DH. Anyone back from POP? May all your magical wishes come true....:goodvibes Can you tell I'm wired.:yay:

Yes, I got back the 21st from the Pop. See above for weather commentary. There is one disadvantage to the refurb and that is the new dressers... they're too small. Only have 3 drawers and a few cubbies. There was previous discussion about those folding cubical boxes fitting in the cubbies, but I brought two, and it only fit in the one cubby on the bottom left. The other cubbies were too short for it. The biggest positive of the rehab is the privacy curtain between the dressing area and the bedroom. Also, the peg rack is a nice touch. That really helped with my beach towels since I didn't have room to bring the drying rack this time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter