• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*** Official August 2020 thread ***

@JennLTX I only made a couple reservations since we're renting a townhouse it doesn't make sense to have a ton of dining plans for our trip. Even then we're kinda indecisive people and wait until last minute to make dining plans

Checking in! 8/8-8/16. First 3 nights at Beach Club, rest offsite as we are doing some non-Disney stuff too (the horror!)

Going to the first MNSSHP as well. Our first time!

Editing to add: if decent room only discounts come out, we may be tempted to move onsite. (by that I mean my husband may be tempted. I'm already there!)

Checking in! 8/8-8/16. First 3 nights at Beach Club, rest offsite as we are doing some non-Disney stuff too (the horror!)

Going to the first MNSSHP as well. Our first time!

Editing to add: if decent room only discounts come out, we may be tempted to move onsite. (by that I mean my husband may be tempted. I'm already there!)

Roll Call has been updated. Happy Planning!

As for the offsite stuff, I see no horror in that. We stayed offsite the past 4 years, and absolutely loved it. For less than we were paying for a single room onsite that held four people in cramped quarters with one bathroom, we were able to rent an entire house, full kitchen, private pool, bathrooms for everyone, laundry in the house, and a driveway to park in just steps from the front door. The time it takes to get from the park to your car, and drive to an offsite rental is absolutely no longer than the time it takes to walk to the bus stop, wait to get on a bus, ride back to your resort, then hike halfway across the resort to get to your room. Add in the fact that you ALWAYS have a seat when you are driving your own car, and the A/C always works, and it is a win win win.

Plus, we have had some amazing experiences offsite. Plenty of lovely gift shops with prices way better than the shops on property. Old Town is a treat, and especially if you have someone in the family that loves old cars. The car cruises there are awesome. There are some really fun Mini Golf courses offsite, the helicopter tours over Disney and Universal are pretty cool, and holy heck was the air boat tour amazing! Plenty of non-Disney stuff out there that is well worth taking some time to experience.

We officially have our trip booked! Will be there from August 24-30, staying offsite. First time going with the new fast pass system,
so I’m a bit nervous about having to book for a large group (6 adults and 2 kids).

Aug 24-Epcot
Aug 25-MK (party day but we aren’t doing the party thing, don’t mind leaving by 6)
Aug 26-HS
Aug 27-AK
Aug 30-MK

We officially have our trip booked! Will be there from August 24-30, staying offsite. First time going with the new fast pass system,
so I’m a bit nervous about having to book for a large group (6 adults and 2 kids).

Aug 24-Epcot
Aug 25-MK (party day but we aren’t doing the party thing, don’t mind leaving by 6)
Aug 26-HS
Aug 27-AK
Aug 30-MK

Roll Call has bee updated. Happy Planning!

Back again. Sports, August 15-29.

We do have FD when I booked a BB offer, but it's just for QS and honestly, 14 days of TS would be overwhelming. I do have one ADR for Sanaa as it is our favorite, and the kids have asked for Coral Reef, so I will have to figure out when to make that one.

Just booked our flights, we are flying Allegient this trip, so we are landing in Sanford. There are pros and cons. We have to travel 90-120 minutes to get to a bigger airport to fly direct into MCO, this is what we have done for the last eight years, we have paid to park our car at a lot and the last few trips stayed a hotel the night before our flight out. So we will not have those costs this trip; so transportation to and from the resort will be a wash with those costs. We pack light. Two carry-ons and one checked bag for four of us for two weeks, so luggage costs are not that bad. The biggest perk is a 15 minute ride home from the airport instead of a longer trip.

Excited to start planning.

So, um, I kinda need another Roll Call update. We're now coming back on the 8th instead of the 7th.

Planning would have been so much easier if I'd just admitted to myself initially that this was going to happen in the end... :o :o :o

We'll be staying at POP Aug 20-29.

Back again. Sports, August 15-29.

We do have FD when I booked a BB offer, but it's just for QS and honestly, 14 days of TS would be overwhelming. I do have one ADR for Sanaa as it is our favorite, and the kids have asked for Coral Reef, so I will have to figure out when to make that one.

Just booked our flights, we are flying Allegient this trip, so we are landing in Sanford. There are pros and cons. We have to travel 90-120 minutes to get to a bigger airport to fly direct into MCO, this is what we have done for the last eight years, we have paid to park our car at a lot and the last few trips stayed a hotel the night before our flight out. So we will not have those costs this trip; so transportation to and from the resort will be a wash with those costs. We pack light. Two carry-ons and one checked bag for four of us for two weeks, so luggage costs are not that bad. The biggest perk is a 15 minute ride home from the airport instead of a longer trip.

Excited to start planning.

So, um, I kinda need another Roll Call update. We're now coming back on the 8th instead of the 7th.

Planning would have been so much easier if I'd just admitted to myself initially that this was going to happen in the end... :o :o :o

Roll Call has been updated . . . . again :)

You all are certainly keeping me busy here, lots of new trips to post!

** NOTE **
To make my life just a bit easier, if you are posting to request an update / change to the Roll Call, please give me the dates that are currently listed for your trip first. As the Roll Call gets longer, it becomes more and more time consuming to find a specific person in the list. Knowing the dates that your trip is currently listed for makes that job a whole bunch easier, and faster.

Thanks in advance!

considering moving our April trip to the last week in August. how bad is the heat and humidity? we went the 3rd week in September back 2009 and it was uncomfortable to say the least and I was 10 years younger!

considering moving our April trip to the last week in August. how bad is the heat and humidity? we went the 3rd week in September back 2009 and it was uncomfortable to say the least and I was 10 years younger!
We usually go the last 2 weeks of August every year and it is very hot and humid. We make sure to spend plenty of time in the pool and enjoy the water parks. It feels much better when the sun goes down as well. But we still enjoy it. I'll take the heat of August vs the cold days we've had in January at the parks.

I do not know if anyone is looking to upgrade their magic bands, but there is a bigger selection today than I have seen in quite a while.

Posting at Noonish EST

I do not know if anyone is looking to upgrade their magic bands, but there is a bigger selection today than I have seen in quite a while.

Posting at Noonish EST

Any pictures you could take? I just ordered the other day, curious to see what would have been available if I waited

Hi! It's my first time posting on this thread. I'm staying with my husband and 4 kids at the Boardwalk Inn 8/27 - 9/2. I'm so excited to be going back but we usually visit in April/May so I am concerned about the difference in weather. I'm trying to do my touring plans to take the heat and rain into account.

I have a question about the magic bands - do all 6 of us have to pick out our magic bands at the same time? Or can we do it at different points if we see bands that we like? I saw one I wanted today but I'm not ready to order for the rest of my family. Thanks!

Hi! It's my first time posting on this thread. I'm staying with my husband and 4 kids at the Boardwalk Inn 8/27 - 9/2. I'm so excited to be going back but we usually visit in April/May so I am concerned about the difference in weather. I'm trying to do my touring plans to take the heat and rain into account.

I have a question about the magic bands - do all 6 of us have to pick out our magic bands at the same time? Or can we do it at different points if we see bands that we like? I saw one I wanted today but I'm not ready to order for the rest of my family. Thanks!

Yes, you have to order everyone's magicband at once. Makes it quite the challenge, unfortunately!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter