*** Official August 2021 thread ***

Does anyone know when August hours will be released?

And, has Disney been consistent enough to guess when we can expect updates to those hours - if they are going to add hours that is.
The first post of the Park Hours thread keeps up with all park hour releases and updates.

It would be helpful in answering your questions.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/park-hours.3829921/

Joining in on the August thread. Will be at Riviera for our welcome home visit as new DVC members August 14-18! It is our "birth-iversary" weekend (DH's Bday, then our anniversary, and then my Bday) and my youngest DS has a birthday the following week so lots to celebrate. Hoping we can snag a special anniversary dinner but I know ADRs are hard to get thse days.

So excited to finally be going "home" as I have wanted to be a DVC member for some time. This is our fourth trip since the Covid-19 reopening--we weren't even thinking we'd go again until FP returned, but we got an "extra" year of points when we bought DVC so just have to spend them I suppose!

Here's hoping for maybe a fireworks show or some more live entertainment by the time August rolls around. I can't believe it's only three months away.

My friend and I just decided a road trip from the Midwest (MI and IL) with our 4 daughters (ages 4-10) to Disney this summer was a must do! Staying offsite this visit (Windsor Hills), from July 31 to August 6. My friend's family has been to MK 1x but none of the other parks. My girls and I have visited WDW pretty regularly and are looking forward to showing them the ropes... although I feel a little aimless right now not being able to make FP and dining reservations, etc. This will be our first trip post-Covid, so I'm reading up on what to expect. So excited!

After a "let's see how much airfare would be for a quick trip in August" search...I have ended up planning a 2.5wk road trip o_O

Originally going to stay at Windsor Hills the entire time, but when the discount came out, I decided to book a few days at POP.

This is the tentative plan as anything can happen as we have all experienced this past year.

Dates: 8/6-8/25, Windsor Hills & POP
Drive Fri 8/6, stop overnight (still deciding how far I'm willing to drive on 1st day). Arrive Orlando Sat 8/7. I will be working the first week so I booked a townhome so the girls could swim during the day if they chose to. Evenings will be spent doing activities (found some great tickets on Undercover Tourist). Going to Universal for one day as neither of them have been. Hoping to go to Boo Bash also if it's a reasonable cost. The second week will be our Disney week. Still at WH but not working so driving to the parks. Sat 8/21 we will check in to POP. The goal is to enjoy the pool and end our trip with EPCOT and MK as usual. Drive out 8/24, spend the night somewhere and arrive back home Wed 8/25.

I'm excited and nervous all in the same breath :rotfl2:Everyday I change my mind on something (do I drive 12hrs straight? If we stop, we do we stop? Should I stay at POP longer? Should we try a waterpark for the 1st time? It's endless second guessing lol)

Looking forward to coming in here and brain dumping so my girls stop rolling their eyes at me (they still love Disney but at 10 & 13, it's not as cool to show it 🙄)

Looks like we are going to cancel our BWV room and go with Pop. I love love love the boardwalk area but the savings to stay at Pop is just too much to pass up. We can put all that money to character dining, gifts, etc. instead since this will be DS's first real trip he will have some input on. There are good rates at Swan and Dolphin as well (although when you change it from 2 to 3 people in the room it jumps up, weird) but with us driving this time, it seems worth it to save the money for other things, especially since I am not sure what will be open on the BW by then (last Aug it was a ghost town)

Joining this group. My dd (16) and I were originally scheduled on DCL at the end of July but our cruise was cancelled last Friday. I have airline credit we needed to use instead so I just booked a package trip to Disney World instead through Costco. We'll be flying in on August 6 and leaving on August 14. We're staying at the Dolphin. It's been 7 years since we've been to Disney World so I'm doing a lot of research on this board. I've already made park reservations for the 7 days we have tickets. There seems to be a lot of new things since we've been there last time. I'm getting pretty excited!!

Hi, @Tomh

I have a change to our August reservation. Currently you have us listed as staying at the Beach Club from August 1st-August 14th. We are now going to be staying at the Beach Club from August 1st-9th and the Poly from August 9th-August 14th, both on the hotel sides of the resorts. This is pretty much my dream vacation. We've been saving for three years and cannot wait!

Thanks so much!

Hi, @Tomh

I have a change to our August reservation. Currently you have us listed as staying at the Beach Club from August 1st-August 14th. We are now going to be staying at the Beach Club from August 1st-9th and the Poly from August 9th-August 14th, both on the hotel sides of the resorts. This is pretty much my dream vacation. We've been saving for three years and cannot wait!

Thanks so much!
Ooooh, that sounds dreamy! And you’ll be one of the first guests to get to enjoy the refurbished rooms too!

Thanks! Yes, I've had my first. Before that, in spite of being uber cautious, we both caught Covid (mild thankfully) so that is buying me more time deciding what to do about her. Thankfully I have a wonderful family doctor who is looking too and I trust her judgement immensely!

Interesting chatter today about the possible reopening of the border. Won't be soon but it's closer than we've been in over a year! I can only guess (and this is just a guess) that opening the border and quarantine changes would go hand-in-hand.
I feel the same about border opening and changes to quarantine. Trying to stay optimistic!
I hope August trips for all you Canadians are possible! 🤞🏻
Thank you! Send pixie dust our way! :)
I’m a Canadian really hoping we can go in August. I’m not going to check in officially until we know for sure, will wait until June to make our final decision, should have a better idea then about possible border re-opening. Hopefully I can join you all!
I am waiting until July 6th to make a final decision as I need to cancel my DVC reservation 30 days out. Good luck with your decision and I hope we can all travel!

Last edited:
Although I've had my park days picked since it first became a thing you had to do, I just now really thought about. Epcot opens at 11am! Ughhh...such a waste of time. If it weren't for the 2pm park hopping rule, we could go to AK ride Safari, EE and Dinosaur and still get to Epcot before it opened.

It's the second day of our trip and with the parks early closing, I doubt we'll be ready to sleep in. I don't think there is even anything do between 7 and 9 am.

Although I've had my park days picked since it first became a thing you had to do, I just now really thought about. Epcot opens at 11am! Ughhh...such a waste of time. If it weren't for the 2pm park hopping rule, we could go to AK ride Safari, EE and Dinosaur and still get to Epcot before it opened.

It's the second day of our trip and with the parks early closing, I doubt we'll be ready to sleep in. I don't think there is even anything do between 7 and 9 am.
Hotel quiet pools are open that early—I took the kids on a fun 7am early morning swim on Epcot days while DH used the gym (he loves hotel gyms). You can also book a nice character breakfast.

For us we use the 11 AM openings at Epcot to get a bit slower start. With preferring to be at rope drop we head to transportation at 9:30. Breakfast at a more leisurely pace means leaving the room between 8:30-8:45. 8:30 room departure for us means 7:30-7:45 alarm so my thoughts of a ‘sleep-in’ are suddenly gone but, the morning offers a more leisurely pace than most other days.

We will be there Aug. 2-14! Haven't been to WDW since 2016 and so much will be different about this trip. We've never been in August before. We are a family of 6, and 5 of us are now Disney adults. Sharing full sized fold out couches and things won't work for my very tall actual adult children, so family suites are out for us. We will be staying off property for the first time ever. It makes me sad but I'd rather have a longer length of stay vs the cost of 2 rooms for a shorter stay. I suspect this will be one of our last trips, if not our last trip with just our immediate family as my oldest is closer to finishing college and starting her life! I want to savor every moment!

Anyway- I have reserved our parks but am anxious to find out the dates for the Boo Bash. I am hoping there will be one on Friday Aug. 13. I have reserved HS on the 10th and 13th just in case, but left the 11th open. Once I figure out which day we will do the Boo Bash I will cancel HS for that day and reserve Epcot for the 11th. So fingers crossed the dates are released in early June and that Epcot stays available long enough for those decisions to be made!

Hi! Just wanted to jump in.

After spending August 17-21 at Universal (2 nights at HRH, 2 nights at RPR), we ("we" being me, DH, DS 15, and DD 13) will be at WDW from August 21-25. As our plans currently stand, we'll be staying at the Polynesian (standard room - we got a little impulsive when we saw the Moana makeover teaser photos), but we've also reserved an offsite townhouse (with free cancellation and the potential to save $800 over the price of the onsite stay, even after rental car and parking charges) for the same dates. We'll decide which one we're going with before we hit the 60-days-out mark, based on park hours, the onsite transportation situation, EPCOT monorail availability, construction progress at the Polynesian, and whether early park entry or any other touring advantage for onsite guests will be in play. Reserved parks for our 5-day Disney leg are MK, AK, HS, Epcot, and HS (again, in case we strike out on ROTR the first time).

Our last visit to WDW was in February 2020, just before the pandemic became national news. When we decided last December that we wanted to book a late August vacation somewhere so we'd have a "light at the end of the tunnel" to look forward to, DH and the kids insisted that we _had_ to get back to WDW, even if the August weather meant we'd be sweating our buns off. They felt like, since Disney was the last place we went before everything changed, going there again would symbolically indicate the end of a painful era, and a return to almost normal. Looking forward to this trip has certainly done wonders for our collective mental health during those long months of self-isolation! It's hard to believe we're just 12 weeks away now.

Last edited:
Hi! Just wanted to jump in.

After spending August 17-21 at Universal (2 nights at HRH, 2 nights at RPR), we ("we" being me, DH, DS 15, and DD 13) will be at WDW from August 21-25. As our plans currently stand, we'll be staying at the Polynesian (standard room - we got a little impulsive when we saw the Moana makeover teaser photos), but we've also reserved an offsite townhouse (with free cancellation and the potential to save $600 over the price of the onsite stay, even after rental car and parking charges) for the same dates. We'll decide which one we're going with before we hit the 60-days-out mark, based on park hours, the onsite transportation situation, EPCOT monorail availability, construction progress at the Polynesian, and whether early park entry or any other touring advantage for onsite guests will be in play. Reserved parks for our 5-day Disney leg are MK, AK, HS, Epcot, and HS (again, in case we strike out on ROTR the first time).

Our last visit to WDW was in February 2020, just before the pandemic became national news. When we decided last December that we wanted to book a late August vacation somewhere so we'd have a "light at the end of the tunnel" to look forward to, DH and the kids insisted that we _had_ to get back to WDW, even if the August weather meant we'd be sweating our buns off. They felt like, since Disney was the last place we went before everything changed, going there again would symbolically indicate the end of a painful era, and a return to almost normal. Looking forward to this trip has certainly done wonders for our collective mental health during those long months of self-isolation! It's hard to believe we're just 12 weeks away now.
My family feels the same way. We were there from 2/29-3/8 (also at the Poly) and I remember getting texts from my friends back in NJ how things were starting to rev up with hospitalizations...little did I know. We are returning to also sweat our buns off August 6-14 but staying at Boardwalk this time (Food and wine access woo!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter