Official Avengers 2017

I really want to do this one, but I just don't know if I can commit to it this early. My 4-year old is so obsessed with the Marvel characters and would love to come out with me to do the kids race, plus we will take any opportunity to go to Disneyland. But it's January! Do we think this is going to sell out quick?
Last year I received an email from a runDisney travel agent offering $100 bibs for Avengers in late October with no park tickets required. If I hadn't been saving up for Dark Side this year, I may well have pounced on that.

The kids races fill up faster, don't they? In fact I think they might have sold out the first day last year.

Registered for Infinity Gauntlet Challenge and 5K to complete coast to coast.... can't wait to be back in Disneyland !!!

All of you guys registering is making me excited. Have to wait until next month - need payday to get here first. ;)

So far I've just gotten DS4 signed up for the kids race. It didn't ask me about dashes or the Mickey Mile, is that not a thing in Disneyland? Do the kids just run one race?

I've got my eye on the 5k as well as the challenge, but holding out. Praying nothing fills up quickly!

All of you guys registering is making me excited. Have to wait until next month - need payday to get here first. ;)

I'm sitting over here getting excited to sign up too but I'm signing up for Dopey in a few weeks. I can't justify signing up for both weekends within weeks of each other. I need payday too!!

So far I've just gotten DS4 signed up for the kids race. It didn't ask me about dashes or the Mickey Mile, is that not a thing in Disneyland? Do the kids just run one race?

There's no Mickey Mile at the Disneyland races. Kids ages 1 to 3 will do the 100m dash; 4 to 6 do the 200m dash; 7 to 8 run 400m; with 12 months and younger doing the diaper dash. They start around ESPN Zone, going off in waves based on distance, before ending at the finish line of all the other weekend races. Parents may run with their kids if they'd like.

There's no Mickey Mile at the Disneyland races. Kids ages 1 to 3 will do the 100m dash; 4 to 6 do the 200m dash; 7 to 8 run 400m; with 12 months and younger doing the diaper dash. They start around ESPN Zone, going off in waves based on distance, before ending at the finish line of all the other weekend races. Parents may run with their kids if they'd like.

That's good to know, thank you! I assumed that was the case since I think the Mickey Mile is more expensive at WDW. My little guy is 4, so I guess it will be the 200m for him.

Trying to decide if i want to sign up for this 5k...live in norcal...might fly down thursday afternoon, do the race on friday, and then fly back that afternoon...this race worth it? I've only done the disneyland 5k last year and I am signed up for disneyland 5k this year.

Trying to decide if i want to sign up for this 5k...live in norcal...might fly down thursday afternoon, do the race on friday, and then fly back that afternoon...this race worth it? I've only done the disneyland 5k last year and I am signed up for disneyland 5k this year.

Depends on your definition of "worth it."

The race itself is very similar to the Disneyland 5k that you've done. It's themed to Spider-Man so expect to see him on the course, as well as the traditional line-up of Captain America, Thor, Hawkeye and Black Widow. The parks are typically already decorated for Christmas so that gives this run a slightly different feel from that standpoint. It will be colder than the Disneyland 5k. It's not the most "Disney" of races but if you like Marvel Superheroes, it should be fun for you. Lots of runners in costume.

I've done the Avengers half marathon the past couple of years and the Dr. Strange 10k last year. This year, I'll be doing the 5k with my teacher wife and 6th grade daughter, who will both be able to attend because it falls on the Veterans Day observed holiday, so to us it is worth it.

I'm sitting over here getting excited to sign up too but I'm signing up for Dopey in a few weeks. I can't justify signing up for both weekends within weeks of each other. I need payday too!!

I'm actually glad these races are not selling out anymore. We registered for the Wine and Dine, need to keep chasing those Infinity Gauntlet Challenge medals, I want to run the 25th anniversary marathon, and we are still legacy for Star Wars. That's four races in a row, so being able to space out the payments is nice. I think the only one that may have a chance of selling out quicker is the marathon, but it might take awhile.

DD (15) just signed up for the challenge. This seems to her year of RunDIseny as she just did the star wars 1/2 and is doing the Princess 1/2 & Pixie Dust Challenge (which will be her first challenge).

She's super excited and may have one her BFFs join her for the 10K as both are huge Thor fans.

My DH and I are signed up for the challenge. We are going to be earning our coast to coast medal. I participated in the Dopey last month. It will be my first Disneyland race. I am excited.

Decided to pass on this one... signed up for the 10k along with my 5k at disneyland half marathon weekend instead. Good luck all! Actually who knows... I might just go crazy one day and register for it on a whim...

And....in pure craziness my dd (15) just opted to add in the 5k to this. So she will be doing the 5k, 10, and 1/2 that weekend. It'll be her first time doing all three. Her first challenge is in May. But... this one comes at the end of her XC season so I know she'll be in shape for it, lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter