Official Cake Chatter Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is my birthday cake :) It was absolutely delicious
$65.00 + tax & gratuity ($35.00 for the cake and $30.00 decorating fee)
Jan 26, 2009
1900 Park Faire at GF
8" Yellow cake with white chocolate mousse filling. Pink fondant with Cinderella's slipper on top filled with whipped cream and raspberries. I also asked if they could put a few flowers on the top and it looked perfect!!!
When I had called Linda was on vacation and the woman who helped me asked the chef if they could do something like I had asked. When she came back to tell me they could she gave me a choice of 8" or 10" so we went with the 8".
DSC00188.jpg

DSC00190.jpg

Here is my birthday cake :) It was absolutely delicious
$65.00 + tax & gratuity ($35.00 for the cake and $30.00 decorating fee)
Jan 26, 2009
1900 Park Faire at GF
8" Yellow cake with white chocolate mousse filling. Pink fondant with Cinderella's slipper on top filled with whipped cream and raspberries. I also asked if they could put a few flowers on the top and it looked perfect!!!
When I had called Linda was on vacation and the woman who helped me asked the chef if they could do something like I had asked. When she came back to tell me they could she gave me a choice of 8" or 10" so we went with the 8".

Could you tell me which number you called to talk to the person? Did you call the Cake Hotline, or the GF specifically? I want to do a cake at 1900 Park Fare in August, and since yours is gorgeous, figured I'd go the same route as you. :worship:

Is Tinker Bell white chocolate or can you not eat it?

Tink was edible...we didn't eat it because dd wanted to save it. I just tossed it out about a month ago...after over two years of just sitting in the fridge!! But, it was edible..the whole thing!!

OMG, please tell me I can get these delivered to resorts, like we're having my mom's b/day dinner at Tony's, I can change it if need be, but I absolutely LOVE the Nemo cake!! I guess we can hop on the monorail to go to 1900 pf....there will be 6 of us, 4 on the DDP, and 2 that aren't. If I can get it to Tony's, I'd be happy!!! What about sending it to Kona? I just LOVE those cakes!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

So if you want something really unique, like the Nemo cake, which number do you call? We'll be celebrating DD 2nd birthday during our next trip and would love to do a really special cake. That said, I don't just want a standard cake with a few frosting flowers on it--I can get that at the supermarket. I'd love to get something really exceptional for all of us to enjoy!

OMG, please tell me I can get these delivered to resorts, like we're having my mom's b/day dinner at Tony's, I can change it if need be, but I absolutely LOVE the Nemo cake!! I guess we can hop on the monorail to go to 1900 pf....there will be 6 of us, 4 on the DDP, and 2 that aren't. If I can get it to Tony's, I'd be happy!!! What about sending it to Kona? I just LOVE those cakes!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!
The Nemo cake was incredible...better than my wildest imagination. I'm not sure what other bakeries make it up though. You could call the cake hotline and ask....not sure if all bakeries make the same cakes. I know that I'll be getting my cakes from the Yacht Club bakery all the time now...that cake was just too wonderful for words.

Even though my poor step-granddaughter couldn't eat it, the rest of us did a mighty good job with it...there were 7 of us, so we made a huge dent in it and then gave it to my ds to take home to Tampa with him!!!

092.jpg

This is a cake I got at the YC....sadly I didn't know my step-granddaughter was allergic to strawberries, it had strawberries in the filling.

094.jpg

This one was for my dd's 13th birthday....GF Cafe. Very yummy.

The Nemo one was about $100, about a year ago; the Tink one was $85, in '06.

Those cakes are amazing! Can you tell me when you called to order did you have a specific idea of what you wanted? We are going in August for my DD's 3rd birthday and we are going to get her a cake. I have never called and ordered one before so I was wondering do you need to ask for something exact? I know she would love something like that Nemo cake that really pops at you! I basically want something more than just a picture put on a cake! Any suggestions? :)

Those cakes are amazing! Can you tell me when you called to order did you have a specific idea of what you wanted? We are going in August for my DD's 3rd birthday and we are going to get her a cake. I have never called and ordered one before so I was wondering do you need to ask for something exact? I know she would love something like that Nemo cake that really pops at you! I basically want something more than just a picture put on a cake! Any suggestions? :)

I called the YC bakery directly for the Nemo cake. I told them the size I wanted and that the birthday girl was a huge Nemo fan...they gave me a price, I okayed it.
For the Tinkerbell cake, I called the GF number if I remember correctly. I told them pretty much what I wanted...I had seen the same cake here on the DIS boards.

I called about 10 days before we were to arrive in WDW. I think the cake hotline has pretty much done away with the need to call the specific resort now...or perhaps they can transfer you over if there is something specific you need.

I called the YC bakery directly for the Nemo cake. I told them the size I wanted and that the birthday girl was a huge Nemo fan...they gave me a price, I okayed it.
For the Tinkerbell cake, I called the GF number if I remember correctly. I told them pretty much what I wanted...I had seen the same cake here on the DIS boards.

I called about 10 days before we were to arrive in WDW. I think the cake hotline has pretty much done away with the need to call the specific resort now...or perhaps they can transfer you over if there is something specific you need.

Great thank you! I really want my daughter's birthday to be special since we will be there on her actual birthday. So I am going to have to really put a lot of thought into it! :)

Thank you!

Could you tell me which number you called to talk to the person? Did you call the Cake Hotline, or the GF specifically? I want to do a cake at 1900 Park Fare in August, and since yours is gorgeous, figured I'd go the same route as you. :worship:

I called the number for the GF bakery.

Can anyone tell me the difference?
Are they both cake? Or are they chocolate, with chocloate mousse?

Well, there's a few things you could be talking about.

There's the white chocolate slipper which is filled with mousse. At GF it is served with a chocolate boat filled with mousse (no cake at all). At CRT it is served with mousse in it but on top of angel food cake and served with berries.

Then some people were able to put the white chocolate slipper on a birthday cake.

Then there is the mini wedding cake that has the white chocolate castle on it. This is a cake for one person but two could share it. This is available to order at GF.

Then some people were able to order a bigger birthday cake with a white chocolate castle on it.

Photos of the slipper and the mini wedding cake with the castle on it are in the cake photo thread. There is also a photo of a bigger cake with the mini castle on it (and tinkerbell) and another big cake with the slipper on it.

There are also various photos with the white choco slipper or the white choco castle on various cakes in the original cake thread that's been locked.

Well, there's a few things you could be talking about.

There's the white chocolate slipper which is filled with mousse. At GF it is served with a chocolate boat filled with mousse (no cake at all). At CRT it is served with mousse in it but on top of angel food cake and served with berries.

Then some people were able to put the white chocolate slipper on a birthday cake.

Then there is the mini wedding cake that has the white chocolate castle on it. This is a cake for one person but two could share it. This is available to order at GF.

Then some people were able to order a bigger birthday cake with a white chocolate castle on it.

Photos of the slipper and the mini wedding cake with the castle on it are in the cake photo thread. There is also a photo of a bigger cake with the mini castle on it (and tinkerbell) and another big cake with the slipper on it.

There are also various photos with the white choco slipper or the white choco castle on various cakes in the original cake thread that's been locked.

thanks for the clarification on the slipper. We'll be dining at both the CRT and the GF and it sounds like the CRT would be more enjoyable with the berries and cake :)

Can someone tell me how to go about ordering the slipper dessert at CRT with the dk chocolate slipper. I've called CRT, MK and CR bakeries and they tell they don't exist.

OK, so I will be there for my dd's 5th birthday and am thinking of getting the basic cake that says happy birthday on it at our table service meal. Do I just ask for it at the podium when I walk up with our ADR number or do I have to order in advance?

If, on the other hand, we decide to get the cake to eat at the resort in the middle of the day--how do I do that? Again, just the basic (cheap) cake.

Hi everyone,

Just want your opinions on a decision I have to make. I want to surprise my 2 dd's with a slipper desert. We are dining for breakfast at CRT and also at 1900 Park. I think I would like to order the slipper at CRT since it is earlier in our trip but I am a bit hesitant because it is breakfast time. Has anyone ordered it for breakfast? How did it go?

We could get it at 1900 we are going there for dinner but it is our very last night at WDW. I don't know what to do.

What do you guys think?

Breakfast at CRT or 1900 Park Fare for Dinner on our last day?

Thanks~

Hello-
I am so new to this but i love this thread!! I can't stop reading it. My son is a HUGE fan of the Monorail and Trains. So I called the cake hotline and the lady who answered put me on hold and asked the head cake decorator. She said that even though they have never done one, they could do a monorail cake!! I am so excited!!! They can only do 10 inch and the base price with nothing added is going to be $50.00. I'll post pictures, we are going April 19th for 5 days!!

Hi everyone,

Just want your opinions on a decision I have to make. I want to surprise my 2 dd's with a slipper desert. We are dining for breakfast at CRT and also at 1900 Park. I think I would like to order the slipper at CRT since it is earlier in our trip but I am a bit hesitant because it is breakfast time. Has anyone ordered it for breakfast? How did it go?

We could get it at 1900 we are going there for dinner but it is our very last night at WDW. I don't know what to do.

What do you guys think?

Breakfast at CRT or 1900 Park Fare for Dinner on our last day?

Thanks~

We leave on Saturday and I ordered DD a slipper for our CRT breakfast on Sunday. I'll let you know how it goes when we return. I was hesitant with doing it at breakfast but thought "what the heck!".

We leave on Saturday and I ordered DD a slipper for our CRT breakfast on Sunday. I'll let you know how it goes when we return. I was hesitant with doing it at breakfast but thought "what the heck!".

Those are my feelings right now... let me know how it goes! Have a great trip!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter