Official Cake Chatter Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
that pirate cake was fantastic. :woohoo: i don't know if they will ever be able to do that one again. how much did that cost, if you don't mind telling?;)

that was so very special..

did the serve it to you at a restaurant at the gf?

that pirate cake was fantastic. :woohoo: i don't know if they will ever be able to do that one again. how much did that cost, if you don't mind telling?;)

that was so very special..

did the serve it to you at a restaurant at the gf?

I posted that info at the beginning of my post so a mod can move the photos over to the official cake photo thread.
The cake was $130 and we had it delivered to 1900 parkfare. I did give the chef a lot of leeway when it came to the design... we went over the black and red fondant coloring ..as I explained I wanted something "dark and a little creepy" for a 12 year old. He told me about the skull head with glo cube while we were coming up with the idea and it sounded great!
I tried to get him to build some gallows and to hang Cinderella from the gallows (remember 12 year old boy here....) HE thought it was funny but said he would get into trouble with the big cheese for it :rotfl:

So I told them to use their artistic freedoms and set a price for them...

christine and brook -- those cakes are fantastic!

i opted for a mini-wedding cake for my DD's 17th birthday. I called the BW bakery and spoke with a nice gal (didn't catch her name sorry) and she had the Chef (male) come to the phone. He explained it as an 'individual' cake -- but i'm still satisfied it will be just right. I ordered vanilla, simple, accented with orange color as that is her favorite. I was only given the 3 basic flavor options (choc, van, marble) They will write Happy Birthday on the plate. I'm excited....i know she'll be surprised

pix will come after we return -

I don't know if this should go here, but the cake threads are closed so I thought this would be ok :confused3

So, I am wondering if anyone has any pricing info on the larger tiered (3 or more) wedding cakes. I'm not sure where to get them, either. I'm just looking for a simply decorated 3 tiered cake.

If anyone has any web sites or links with more info that would be helpful too!

Anyone have any LUCK with the Contemporary bakery? :confused:

We have reservations for our 15th anniversary dinner at the California Grill and want an Anniversary Cake like the one at the GF.

Will we have problems getting that? :confused3

Anyone have any LUCK with the Contemporary bakery? :confused:

We have reservations for our 15th anniversary dinner at the California Grill and want an Anniversary Cake like the one at the GF.

Will we have problems getting that? :confused3

No! The Contemporary can do any cake that the Grand Floridian can do!

c3.jpg

They can do this cake? Yippee!
So I just call the cake hotline and tell them about our ADRs at the Cali grill and order the 6 in Anniversary Cake with fondant. Right?

:cloud9:

In regards to wedding cakes: I would contact the resort/restaurant that you are wanting to have the cake at. Wedding Cake prices at Disney are based on what exactly you want. Depending on the difficulty the price can go up. I hope this helps

Do I call cake hotline or the contemporary bakery ?
Call the Cake Line and Follow the prompts. There should be an option for California Grill or Contemporary Resort Rests. I would call tomorrow after 10am Eastern Time! Just a little insider info!

Has anyone had a custom cake delivered to Rose and Crown? Or any World Showcase restaurant? If so, how was it? The only reviews I have found have been "less than glowing"! We're celebrating my daughter's 13th birthday at R&C (her choice) and I would love to order a birthday cake as a surprise but I'm not sure if it is worth it.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter