Official December 2008

We'll be on the plane in 28 hours... :woohoo:
If I'm not able to sleep 28 hours from when we leave... what happens tomorrow night???

We are making lists of lists of things to pack. Everyone is all a buzz in our house about going to see the Big Cheese and where we will be dining for FREE, planning out where and when and who, gosh there's so much to do and now only a short 8 days to do it in before we go!!!!! :banana:

So wishing we were able to get free dining. I even called to complain, not to be a stick in the mud. Honestly, we are thrilled about going to DW. Just as Canadians we were never given much of a chance. We can't apply for the Visa, and now with the CAD... we were going to have the DLX dining, but had to cancel dining plans altogether. Our dollar is at .79 to the USD. Insane! but it is what it is, not letting us get down about it or anything. Just wish we could be extended even a chance for the free dining. :(

Anyhoo... making snowflakes for our window at AS mo with the kids. Can't wait to be somewhere warm! It's snowin out right now. Brrr....

I'm practically packed! I just have a few more things to add (e.g. shoes, toothbrushes). My husband, on the other hand, hasn't even started. Men!!! :lmao: :scared1:

1.5 days to go and I am half packed. I will probably finish when I get home from work tonight at midnight. I have to take my bunnies to the vet to be boarded in the morning and then come home to make sure everything is ready before coming to work for one more day.

I sure hope the weather stays steady, as it is, the last 2 days, but especially today, it has been unpredictable. I hope all the weather websites I have looked at are right, at least for now, yesterday there was a few days of rain. I am tired of rain.

Suzanne

Holy counting batman!

We'll be in the single digits tomorrow!

I can't flipping believe it! Seems like just yesterday the ticker on my Myspace page said 150 days. lol

I'm leavin' on a jet plane. Don't know when I'll be back again. Oh babe, can't wait to go!
My daughter left a message on my phone with parts of the old Jefferson Airplane song. So cool. Won't be long now! We not only go to Disney, but we also see my daughter and son-in-law who live in Florida. Can't wait!
Pomcoach:yay:

I can't exactly say I'm doing the happy dance. :sad1: Dh and I just had a long talk and we're not going next week. Things are so slow for him at work and there are all kinds of layoff rumors. He doesn't want to go. We have the money, but we're pretty conservative financially. I think he'd agree to go if I pushed him, but I'd feel terrible if I did that and he lost his job next month.

Dh just went to bed and commented with some relief that he was afraid I'd burst into tears when he told me he didn't think we should go. Now he and ds are in bed and I'm sitting here crying. What a baby! This is the 3rd year in a row we've tried to go for Christmas. In 2006, my mother in law died. Last year we decided to go to NYC instead b/c we'd been to WDW in April and dh wanted a break. I made these reservations last spring and I was so looking forward to seeing the world at Christmas.

Luckily, we told ds (13) last month that it was likely we weren't going b/c of the economy. He seemed to understand. We hadn't talked much around him about the trip b/c we were worried this would happen.

Well, now we have a big Southwest credit. We'll have to go someplace before June! :confused: (We also talked about selling it to my brother.)

Have fun everyone. At least there will be some dining slots opening up when I cancel tomorrow.

I can't exactly say I'm doing the happy dance. :sad1: Dh and I just had a long talk and we're not going next week. Things are so slow for him at work and there are all kinds of layoff rumors. He doesn't want to go. We have the money, but we're pretty conservative financially. I think he'd agree to go if I pushed him, but I'd feel terrible if I did that and he lost his job next month.

I'm so sorry about your trip, but I totally understand wanting to err on the side of caution. I hope things for your DH work out and that his job is not in jeopardy at any point. My teens discuss the economy all the time in school, so the kids are aware. Its rough times for a lot of people and even if your not affected yet, its wise not to do anything major with your money if things are iffy. We've cut back a lot just to play things safe. Hope that you'll be able to make use of those Southwest credits and get a trip in at a later date. Lots of hugs! :hug:

I can't believe we only have ONE day left here at home!!! Tomorrow I am working all day, except I'm leaving for a couple of hours to go take my last final... which I am really NOT ready for at all... ugghhh! After work, I've got to get my last minute errands done, pack my bags (yes, I still have to pack!!! YIKES!) and get everything ready to go. Our flight is at 7:30 so we'll have to be out of the house at the crack of dark... but we'll land at MCO around 5:30... I can't believe it!!!

Today is THE day!:) I fly to Orlando Tonight!:) I hope everybody else leaving Today has a GREAT trip!:)

Finally...we are leaving tonight after my DH gets off work. This trip has been so fun to plan. The kids have no idea, we are driving for the first time and we have never been to WDW during Christmas. Oh and we are taking my SIL for her 1st Disney trip. I am so excited I had to tell share with someone - glad y'all are here and you understand:goodvibes

YEAH!!! It's almost here! Leaving tomorrow for our trip the WDW! We will be in the World Dec 13-19 and staying at the All-Star Sports. I'll have a LGMH on the backpack so if anyone see's us, say "Hi"! :santa:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter