***Official December 2017 thread!

Oof, Magic Kingdom is getting packed to the brim today. Just leaving now for our midday rest but there are mobs of people entering right now.

So all, our magical Christmas trip is now over. :sad: I just wanted to give a quick recap as some people say they like to see how other families experiences went. First off, I will start with saying that WE HAD A BLAST!!!! We were there from 12/16 - 12/23, and it was BUSY!!!!! Yes, we knew it would be, so we weren't surprised. However, with a family of 7, it does require a little more planning and we did have to go into it knowing that we wouldn't be able to ride anything and everything whenever we wanted. Our trip did start off with sort of a down moment. We flew into Orlando on Saturday night, and earlier Saturday I had received text notification of our rooms at Pop being ready (we had to do 2 rooms due to the size of our family). Now, on 3 DIFFERENT OCCASIONS, I was told verbally by different cast members on the phone that due to having 5 children 14 and under, we would be GUARANTEED connecting rooms. Also, numerous websites, travel agents, etc., said that with that size family and that many minors, again we would be guaranteed connecting. So, I know that in all actuality, nothing is truly guaranteed, and I've learned to take what cast members say with a grain of salt, but obviously you have a mom and dad, and a 14, 12, 9, 7 and 4 year old child, on a vacation together, you want to be together! When we received our text, I noticed that the room numbers were indeed not connecting. So, I knew from the start that I was going to have to go the front desk upon arrival. So, went to front desk, lady told me they can't guarantee connecting rooms, but she would see what she would do. 30 minutes later, we had connecting rooms, but in the farthest section of Pop, and not in a refurbished room. I didn't care, because at least we were connecting, and in all actuality, we were just going to sleep there. I love Disney, but SERIOUSLY, you have to go come up with some other options for large families besides deluxe 2 bedroom villas which price most large families out! There NEED TO BE MORE OPTIONS! Sorry for the shouting! Even 2 rooms with 7 plus people is just tight and being in tight spaces for 7 days can be traumatizing and stressful for all! LOL Just wanted to throw that out there. :) Besides that mishap, everything went beautifully. The weather was fantastic, warmer than I thought it would be when originally planning, but still fantastic (didn't rain one time!!!) Every park was fantastic. And, might I add that Flight of Passage is quite possibly the BEST RIDE EVER!!!! The whole experience was just amazing, very well thought out and designed. We had a fastpass for that one, good thing because the average wait was around 3 plus hours. o_O Anyways, would we do it again this time of year - YES!!! The Christmas decor as always is just outstanding and just warms my heart. I know we won't be back for at least 3 years, but I will forever cherish this trip! Thanks for the fun and planning ideas/thoughts through the months Disney friends! It's been fantastic!

Just wanted to give a shout out to disneymommymichelle for keeping this board up and making it so much fun looking forward to our tips.

And to each and everyone who has been a part of this group. It made the anticipation, the planning, and loved all of it! Thanks again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter