***Official December 2023 Thread***

I can’t decide if we want to get MVMCP tickets for December 21st or go to the last party on the 22nd. Are there any differences with the last party of the season or is the exact same as every other party?

I can’t decide if we want to get MVMCP tickets for December 21st or go to the last party on the 22nd. Are there any differences with the last party of the season or is the exact same as every other party?
Will you be there after the 22nd?
From my understanding, the Christmas parties are just an "early" Christmas option. From December 23-December 30th, they do pretty much all the Christmas "party" stuff for regular park goers. So the fireworks....parades....they hand out hot chocolate etc.
I would assume the last party would be exactly the same as the previous ones, because they'll still be doing it the next night, just on a larger scale.
The parks in general will be more crowded the closer to Christmas you get, so I would probably err on the side of more late night time in the other parks, unless you are leaving on the 23rd.

Hi all! We just booked “last minute“ short trip to celebrate the holidays in Disney. Dec 10-13, staying at POP. We just came back a month ago from a 7 day WDW trip & also did DCL Alaska in May, so another Disney trip really wasn’t in the books. Especially since we do have a New Years cruise for the first week of January. Stars aligned though and I’m super excited! 🎄. We celebrated Christmas (Dec 20-26) in 2021 and absolutely loved it. We plan on going to Epcot on Dec 11 and debating on MVMCP on Dec 12. Trying to decide if it’s worth it because we did do the Very Merriest Christmas After Hours in 2021. My understanding is that it was a shortened version of the party. We don’t really care to line up for characters, but would love to see the parade & fireworks as well as do some rides.

Hi all! We just booked “last minute“ short trip to celebrate the holidays in Disney. Dec 10-13, staying at POP. We just came back a month ago from a 7 day WDW trip & also did DCL Alaska in May, so another Disney trip really wasn’t in the books. Especially since we do have a New Years cruise for the first week of January. Stars aligned though and I’m super excited! 🎄. We celebrated Christmas (Dec 20-26) in 2021 and absolutely loved it. We plan on going to Epcot on Dec 11 and debating on MVMCP on Dec 12. Trying to decide if it’s worth it because we did do the Very Merriest Christmas After Hours in 2021. My understanding is that it was a shortened version of the party. We don’t really care to line up for characters, but would love to see the parade & fireworks as well as do some rides.
:welcome: to the thread! Wow, you've got loads of fun things going on this year! How very exciting!:cool1:

:welcome: to the thread! Wow, you've got loads of fun things going on this year! How very exciting!:cool1:
Thank you! We found some $19 flights, total coincidence and I sorta joked to my husband and kid that I might just take a quick solo trip to do the Christmas things. Turns out hubby and kid also want to go. Rate at POP, our first time at a value was $178 I think, so just doing this as economically as we can. MVMCP though… not sure what to do there. Definitely $$$
Very very grateful we were able to get away a few times this year. BTW, your trip dates & resorts… a dream! 🎄 😍 super exciting!

Thank you! We found some $19 flights, total coincidence and I sorta joked to my husband and kid that I might just take a quick solo trip to do the Christmas things. Turns out hubby and kid also want to go. Rate at POP, our first time at a value was $178 I think, so just doing this as economically as we can. MVMCP though… not sure what to do there. Definitely $$$
Very very grateful we were able to get away a few times this year. BTW, your trip dates & resorts… a dream! 🎄 😍 super exciting!
Very cool how it turned out for you. :thumbsup2

Yeah, I figured there's no better place to spend some holiday time than the Wilderness Lodge and we usually always stay at BWV. Never been during Christmas week so it will be interesting, to say the least..

Very cool how it turned out for you. :thumbsup2

Yeah, I figured there's no better place to spend some holiday time than the Wilderness Lodge and we usually always stay at BWV. Never been during Christmas week so it will be interesting, to say the least..
We had done a weeklong trip over actual Christmas 2021 and it was amazing. Yes, busy but we actually managed to beat the crowds for the most part. We bought Genie plus (though it was still a flat $15 rate at the time), we utilized early entry, which was an hour early during that week (will probably be the same again). Christmas Eve, AK opened at 7 which was brutal but we had nobody around us until about 9. We went to Pandora first then by the time we walked over to Kilamanjaro everyone else was walking into Pandora. We did the whole park by 1. We ate lunch at off peak times, for example 10:30. Go to MK on party days if you can park hop somewhere else in the PM. Low waits. (I think parties end by the time you arrive though, we still caught one). We took a break mid day when it was crazy and went back to our resort to rest or resort hopped to take in all the festive decor. Other than the fact it was freezing 🥶 half the trip, we loved everything.
If we weren’t doing the new years cruise this year, I would have tried for Christmas in Disney world again. Pretty sure we are doing it in 2024. I’m still excited for our mid Dec 🎄mini trip!

@disneydreamer781 ...we are coming in November this year (used to spend every Christmas week there for 20+ years) but I noticed your ticker says you will be in my town just before Christmas this year! I hope you have a wonderful time here in our Itty Bity City! :)

@disneydreamer781 ...we are coming in November this year (used to spend every Christmas week there for 20+ years) but I noticed your ticker says you will be in my town just before Christmas this year! I hope you have a wonderful time here in our Itty Bity City! :)
Yes! We stayed overnight on our way to WDW this past May and regretted not spending another night there so I'm looking forward to spending a couple of nights this time around. Unfortunately, I will miss the Christmas parade since our stay is right before the holiday but hoping to take in the area. We really only have 1 whole day and would like to see some decorations and one of the battlefields so I'm hoping the weather holds up.

Still waiting on Candlelight 🕯️Processional information and with the Actor's Strike, it may still be awhile...:bored:Mid-October?:confused3

Heading to Riviera to celebrate my 60th (New Years Day) with my sister from 12/27-1/4. Definitely want to try to get Candlelight Processional and a Magic Kingdom fireworks dessert party. Already booked Epcot park reservations for New Years Eve, which I’m sure will be crazy. Hopefully a few nice dinners but I know it’s going to be super crowded so we’ll make sure to keep all our options open. Really looking forward to just seeing all the decorations.

Heading to Riviera to celebrate my 60th (New Years Day) with my sister from 12/27-1/4. Definitely want to try to get Candlelight Processional and a Magic Kingdom fireworks dessert party. Already booked Epcot park reservations for New Years Eve, which I’m sure will be crazy. Hopefully a few nice dinners but I know it’s going to be super crowded so we’ll make sure to keep all our options open. Really looking forward to just seeing all the decorations.
:welcome:to the thread! You are now added to the list! :cool1:

Joining in after Southwest offered cheap airfare and I found a discounted hotel as well! We'll be there Nov. 28 - Dec. 6, staying offsite at the Residence Inn, Flamingo Crossings. Thanks for the invite!

Joining in after Southwest offered cheap airfare and I found a discounted hotel as well! We'll be there Nov. 28 - Dec. 6, staying offsite at the Residence Inn, Flamingo Crossings. Thanks for the invite!
:welcome:to the thread Mickey916! You're now on the list! :cool1:

Setting a new personal record for split stay lol. Wanted to see all the Christmas decor!
12/10 Drury Disney Springs, 12/11+12 BWV, 12/13+14 VGF, 12/15 Drury DS
Yep, four hotel changes in 6 nites. Luckily, only doing Epcot a couple days and the Merry Party one night ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter