***Official December 2023 Thread***

December 8th-19th at the Riviera for us! (These dates may move up or back by a day or so on either end)
MVMCP 12/10 and 12/14 🎄
Jollywood Nights 12/16 🎉

Will probably sprinkle a trip or two in between out to Cape Canaveral or Cocoa Beach to catch some rocket launches. 🚀👨‍🚀 . We've attended most of the Antares launches from Wallops Island VA over the past five years and looking to maybe go for the as of now scheduled launch on December 11th, but we are well aware of how that can change.

We are really not going to push ourselves this time and get breaks away from crowds with tours and perusing the holiday decor at the resorts, and take advantage of extra hours and of course the parties in the evenings when it will (hopefully) be cooler! Crossing fingers for more moderate temps this time around but am well aware of how warm December can be; I'm from the South and have spent many a Christmas in warm weather.
Most of the time we have gone in December it has been on the cool side. Very cold even, temps were freezing last Christmas. You’re there for a longer stretch though so you’ll probably see all ranges of temps. I’d say mornings & evenings will be cool.

We are thinking of changing our first day from POP to Dolphin. Our first day is a Monday and Epcot will have the Extended Evening Hours. This is a short trip to experience the Christmas season festivities & I was thinking we could take our time exploring the World Showcase & maybe even take a nap early afternoon, which we might welcome since we’ll be up at 3 am for our flight that day.
We could focus solely on doing a few rides from 9:30-11:30 during evening here it’s. Dolphin is $60 more than POP. We could transfer from Dolphin to POP on our second day, before the MVMCP.
On the other hand… I don’t know if the extended hours are worth it, maybe we should just push through on the first day and call it a night at 9:30. I feel like switching resorts on such a short trip is kinda pointless. Ugh. What to do???! Lol

My daughter's dance studio will be performing on the afternoon of Sunday, December 17th, at Disney Springs. We'd love to fill all the seats at the Marketplace Stage, so please join us if you're nearby! ;) We'll be staying at CBR 12/15-12/21 and then hopping over to that other place down the street for our first-ever visit to UO & IOA (staying at RPR).

Ha, we did the exact same thing! We're at SSR for Dec 13-19th, and had MVMCP for 14th too and got them switched, so we can see Brendan Fraser! We're gonna try and do the package at Garden Grill!
I was happy it was so easy to do! I wasn’t sure if they were going to allow it or be able to.

I'm swapping our AK and Epcot days to accommodate NPH. I was thrilled when I got the message from my TA that he's there during our trip. Hopefully, we'll get 5:15PM CP show, so I can still take the older kids to EEH at AK.
My goal is breakfast at Garden Grill. I had my older kids look at menus to pick. Of the options, I've only not done Akershus, Spice Road Table, and Regal Eagle. Akershus is second choice just because it has a breakfast option (and I've never done it). My kids don't care about the princesses though. Spice Road is a no go and I don't want to deal with same-day at Regal Eagle unless I have to.
Second choice for the kids is Coral Reef.

I've never seen the Candlelight Processional, so this will be a fun experience for me.

My daughter's dance studio will be performing on the afternoon of Sunday, December 17th, at Disney Springs. We'd love to fill all the seats at the Marketplace Stage, so please join us if you're nearby! ;) We'll be staying at CBR 12/15-12/21 and then hopping over to that other place down the street for our first-ever visit to UO & IOA (staying at RPR).
:welcome: to the thread! You're now on the list!:donald:

The hours were posted for December 20th today and just like I suspected there is not a EEH for MK. Kind of a bummer, but I'm glad I got party tickets. I will wait and see tomorrow if there are EEH for Epcot for the 21st, which is what I'm expecting since that is what the previous week has-2 Epcot EEH on Monday and Thursday and no MK at all.

Does anyone know if they will have the booklet festival guides in Epcot for festival of the holidays?

Anyone getting Fantasmic dining packages? Got everything else easily but this one is impossible. No availability any day at any restaurant?!

Anyone getting Fantasmic dining packages? Got everything else easily but this one is impossible. No availability any day at any restaurant?!
Hoping to get a fantasmic package for Christmas week but dining is not open for my dates yet. Hope something comes up for you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter