***Official December 2023 Thread***

Happy I got a CP GG at 10:15a on 12/12 for Brendan. I got the 5:15 show.. wanted the 7:00 one or even the last show but I'm still happy I got it.
So Garden Grill WAS available at some point.
My TA got us Akershus breakfast for the 7PM show. I wanted 5:15 show, but so be it. My kids won't be thrilled. They wanted GG or Coral Reef. But, I'm happy that NPH will be our narrator and we won't have to wait in line for hours.

So glad I'm using a TA, because the littlest was up half the night hacking up a lung. I was actually awake when CP packages dropped, but it didn't even occur to me to check.

After much frustration with the system this morning, we have Biergarten for CP dining on 12/7, so we got what we wanted.

So many errors on the way to getting it, though. Disney IT really adds so much unnecessary stress to a vacation!!

Wow we decided not to do the package this year, but I just went on to look out of curiosity and there is nothing available for either of our Epcot days.

So Garden Grill WAS available at some point.
My TA got us Akershus breakfast for the 7PM show. I wanted 5:15 show, but so be it. My kids won't be thrilled. They wanted GG or Coral Reef. But, I'm happy that NPH will be our narrator and we won't have to wait in line for hours.

So glad I'm using a TA, because the littlest was up half the night hacking up a lung. I was actually awake when CP packages dropped, but it didn't even occur to me to check.
Restaurant availability kept being released in small waves, it seemed like. At first, Akershus was the only thing showing up for me, then Le Cellier and then more restaurants and then more times. It was all really weird.

Does anyone know if you no-show for your restaurant time (I can get one at 9am on another day - but my flight gets too late to make that time slot) ... can you just pay for the meal, not eat, and pick up your ticket later? Does anyone want a free breakfast on 12/11 lol?

Last edited:
Wasn't going to do a package this time but was suffering from serious FOMO. On a whim I checked at 11:00 today and scored a Garden Grill breakfast with 8:30 show on 11/29. We saw the Processional last year for the first time and I truly enjoyed it. Was afraid I'd regret not having a package this year.

Just booked a last minute trip for December 29-January 3, staying at Coronado Springs! This will be our first time being there for NYE, so pretty excited about that. I've always wanted to ring in the new year at Disney! Hoping to snag an HEA dessert party for the 31st (assuming it is offered). I hope they release more information soon about other NYE events that may be happening. 🎄🎇

I'm coming!!! So thrilled to experience WDW for the holidays for the very first time ever.

Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec 9-13, All Star Music Dec 13-14.

Very Merry party Dec. 12

Candlelight Processional December 13.

I also thought the CP dining package reservations went strangely yesterday! I checked at 6:30 a.m. EST and it was only Akershus for a while and I checked other dates and it looked like so many other restaurants were available but Dec 13th was not. I kept checking and refreshing, ultimately got Garden Grill dinner with the 8:30 p.m. show. That worked well for us so I snagged it.

Heads up Disney is still adding park hours 2 weeks before a trip.

Today they just extended hours from 9 pm to 11 pm on 10/28 and 9 pm to 12 am for 11/3. 10/30 is still 9 pm and 10/31; 11/1 are MNSSHP nights; 11/2 park closes 10 pm.

Just booked a last minute trip for December 29-January 3, staying at Coronado Springs! This will be our first time being there for NYE, so pretty excited about that. I've always wanted to ring in the new year at Disney! Hoping to snag an HEA dessert party for the 31st (assuming it is offered). I hope they release more information soon about other NYE events that may be happening. 🎄🎇
Thinking about booking the dessert party on the 30th for pre New Year’s Eve. I’ll have to search for some history to see if they’ve previously offered 2 seatings that night (6:30 and 11:50 fireworks show normally) and if they have any heaters on the terrace. Worried about being really cold and trying to eat with mittens on 😆.

Thinking about booking the dessert party on the 30th for pre New Year’s Eve. I’ll have to search for some history to see if they’ve previously offered 2 seatings that night (6:30 and 11:50 fireworks show normally) and if they have any heaters on the terrace. Worried about being really cold and trying to eat with mittens on 😆.
I'm considering this as well so please let us know what you uncover. I haven't been able to find much history on the fireworks dessert parties for the 30th and 31st.

When do the times for parades and fireworks get published? The park hours are posted gradually but they don't have any of the entertainment times, its hard to plan when to book dining.

We are going Dec 1st for 4 nights. First time staying offsite and only doing MVMCP, no other park time. Going to hotel hop and enjoy the season. Can anyone recommend a place to find Christmas time scavenger hunt sheets we can print?

I'm coming!!! So thrilled to experience WDW for the holidays for the very first time ever.

Very Merry party Dec. 12

I also thought the CP dining package reservations went strangely yesterday! I checked at 6:30 a.m. EST and it was only Akershus for a while and I checked other dates and it looked like so many other restaurants were available but Dec 13th was not. I kept checking and refreshing, ultimately got Garden Grill dinner with the 8:30 p.m. show. That worked well for us so I snagged it.

We are going Dec 1st for 4 nights. First time staying offsite and only doing MVMCP, no other park time. Going to hotel hop and enjoy the season. Can anyone recommend a place to find Christmas time scavenger hunt sheets we can print?
:welcome:all to the thread! Nice to add more to our lengthy list!:woohoo:

Very Merry party Dec. 12

We are also doing MVMCP Dec 12 & Epcot with CP Dec 13!

I'm trying to decide about Magicbands. We have some old ones, so I could set the kids up for tapping access.
But, I can't decide if Magicband+ is worth it for at least a couple of us.

I'm trying to decide about Magicbands. We have some old ones, so I could set the kids up for tapping access.
But, I can't decide if Magicband+ is worth it for at least a couple of us.
Unless you’re going to be at HS for multiple FULL days so you have a lot of time between Genie+ LLs, I don’t think they’re worth the headache. Plus it was challenging having to charge them up for 5 people every night (you have to carry their own wires; we took 3 but with everyone’s phones, iPads and fans it was challenging to find plugs (esp in Polynesian deluxe suite). I’m taking 2 ANKER multiple usb ports (the extension cords with 3 prong plugs aren’t allowed on cruises but these were ok).

Im not sure if the MB+s are waterproof but we don’t wear them in the pool.

64031579-2CFA-49EB-A849-00C2C8910CE2.jpeg

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter