Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part V!

New to Cakery, but a long time lurker. Thinking about getting a cake for my family this year as we have been many times, but have never gotten a personalized cake. We are staying at Beach Club and then Wilderness Lodge, so either one or a recommended restuarant. Just a cake for a party of 4. What is the likelihood of getting a really nice Winnie the Pooh themed cake? Does anybody have pictures of something recent that isn't just a figurine shoved on top of a cake?

@shannonstar Disney can't put Winnie the Pooh & Friends on cakes due to licensing. I did get them to make a replica of the cake at the end of the Winnie the Pooh ride for me once!

Pooh%20Cake.jpg

\
  • Price: Quoted $63, charged $23
  • Size: 6-inch
  • Date Received: 2/28/15
  • Flavors: Pink-tinted vanilla cake with chocolate buttercream frosting (and plenty of it!)

IMG_6626.jpg

IMG_6629.jpg

IMG_6640.jpg

IMG_6635.jpg

IMG_6636.jpg

It was delicious! The pink vanilla cake was really moist, and the chocolate frosting was nice and sweet and buttercreamy just like I like.

Last edited:
Just saw this post about new celebration cakes available to order at table service restaurants: http://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories/new-celebration-cakes-coming-to-walt-disney-world/

CelebrationCake01.jpg

Can someone give me a little more info on this cake, like the frosting and what is on the inside? It looked like the perfect compromise (nicer than the regular podium cakes, but smaller and cheaper, don't need to haul something around after the meal), but I see lots on here didn't seem to think they would taste good? Disney literally gave no description of the cake that I could find.

Can someone give me a little more info on this cake, like the frosting and what is on the inside? It looked like the perfect compromise (nicer than the regular podium cakes, but smaller and cheaper, don't need to haul something around after the meal), but I see lots on here didn't seem to think they would taste good? Disney literally gave no description of the cake that I could find.

OK, so the new cake is based on Amorette's Mickey cake, which looks like this:

IMG_0206_zpsvy0gxjod.jpg

IMG_0209_zpstsy9mkho.jpg

Nobody will know what the inside of the new cake looks like until May 17, but in keeping with Disney's podium cake offerings, I'm guessing it will be either all-chocolate or all-vanilla cake and filling combos. Dunno yet if they'll keep the crispy pearls....

Amorette's cakes aren't bad, they're just not the kind of cake I prefer. Think fancy French pastries vs. sugary American buttercream cakes. As a fan of the latter, I would describe Amorette's cake as bland sponge cake with a whipped mousse-type filling and a blob of fudgy ganache, covered in a glossy flavorless coating. Some people love this type of cake (often the same people who feel that some desserts can be "too sweet"), and you may turn out to love it too!

That is cute. Can they do something like this still? More purple than pink though.

It depends on where you are having the cake delivered. You will need to speak with private dining or a pastry chef via private dining. Contact information is in Post #2 of this thread.

Lurkyloo, help! I've been searching and can't find anything...
Looking to have a custom fondant cake at Le Cellier in June - I have 2 questions
1. I remember reading and can't figure out who services Le Cellier, was it GF or Contmpo or someone else? I know to look in the first couple of posts, I was just wondering who I'd be dealing with, and seem to remember GF serviced Epcot?
2. What is the detailed step by step process? Call the number, get an email from them, discuss with chef, call dining? I can't remember and I can't find it!

Also, has anyone recently had a cake at Le Cellier and have any experience with how it went?
Thanks so much!

Last edited:
I was wondering if anyone has had a Star Wars themed celebration cake done, and if anyone has any pictures? My husband and I are going down in November for our 1 year wedding anniversary and his 30th birthday, and I wanted to get a special cake made, to be delivered to California Grill, that is Star Wars themed for his birthday but says happy anniversary for us :) Just trying to get some ideas and determine how detailed they can get. Also, any one have any suggestions on good cake/filling combos (what your favorite has been)? Thanks!

Lurkyloo, help! I've been searching and can't find anything...
Looking to have a custom fondant cake at Le Cellier in June - I have 2 questions
1. I remember reading and can't figure out who services Le Cellier, was it GF or Contmpo or someone else? I know to look in the first couple of posts, I was just wondering who I'd be dealing with, and seem to remember GF serviced Epcot?
2. What is the detailed step by step process? Call the number, get an email from them, discuss with chef, call dining? I can't remember and I can't find it!

Also, has anyone recently had a cake at Le Cellier and have any experience with how it went?
Thanks so much!

Le Cellier is Canada, right? This is from post #2.

Epcot* 407-560-6395
For standard cakes, the following information is only for restaurants in the Canada, UK, Germany, America and Norway pavilions, plus Future World.
  • 6-inch $23 chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream frosting or vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream frosting; no writing or screen pritns will fit on a 6-inch cake
  • 8-inch $40 chocolate cake with chocolate mousse filling and chocolate buttercream frosting or vanilla cake with white chocolate mousse filling and vanilla buttercream frosting; personalization and character screen prints available
  • 10-inch $54 cake, same options as 8-inch
  • Mickey Mouse Cake $54 (serves 12): Vanilla or chocolate Mickey head-shaped cake with chocolate mousse filling, covered in chocolate ganache; only customization is writing on plate
  • Fancy, fondant-covered cakes start at $62 for an 8-inch cake. Available cake flavors are chocolate, vanilla, marble and red velvet. Available filling flavors are vanilla buttercream, chocolate buttercream, dark chocolate mousse, white chocolate mousse, fruit mousse (strawberry). Available frosting flavors are vanilla buttercream, chocolate buttercream, whipped cream, dark chocolate ganache and white chocolate ganache.
  • Mini cakes start at $25.

White Chocolate Figures Available for $25 Each:
  • Belle
  • Cinderella
  • Snow White
  • Tinkerbell
  • Minnie
  • Mickey
  • Donald
  • Goofy
  • Stitch

Again, Epcot's Food and Beverage department only services restaurants in the Canada, UK, Germany, America and Norway pavilions, plus Future World. Standard cake options at Epcot restaurants supplied by an outside vendor are detailed below. If you don't see the restaurant you are looking for, that means it's serviced by Epcot and the information above applies.

Yes, it's in Canada. I saw the post #2, but I vaguely remember reading somewhere which of the resorts serviced other places. That's the part I can't remember! Getting old stinks, no memory...
Epcot's F&B department services Le Cellier. The MK resorts are serviced by each one plus Wilderness Lodge and Fort Wilderness are serviced by the contemporary

Yes, it's in Canada. I saw the post #2, but I vaguely remember reading somewhere which of the resorts serviced other places. That's the part I can't remember! Getting old stinks, no memory...

It's OK - Disney makes it needlessly complicated. As the others have said, Epcot's pastry team services Canada, and that's a good thing, because they do fancy fondant cakes now! The pavilions that are not serviced by Epcot use an outside vendor for generic all-chocolate or all-vanilla supermarket-style cakes (well, and Italy has 4 specialty cakes). No resort bakeries service Epcot anymore.

At Epcot the process is: Call the number, wait to hear back, explain you want something more than a standard cake, submit instructions and pix for the pastry chef, get a confirmation (probably over the phone, maaaaaybe email). Then call back about a week before to reconfirm everything.

I was wondering if anyone has had a Star Wars themed celebration cake done, and if anyone has any pictures? My husband and I are going down in November for our 1 year wedding anniversary and his 30th birthday, and I wanted to get a special cake made, to be delivered to California Grill, that is Star Wars themed for his birthday but says happy anniversary for us :) Just trying to get some ideas and determine how detailed they can get. Also, any one have any suggestions on good cake/filling combos (what your favorite has been)? Thanks!

Star Wars is tricky. They generally they refuse to do anything but Star Wars-esque cakes. You'd need to ask the pastry chefs directly (via contact info on Page 1) and see what they're willing to do for you. Here are some past Star Wars cakes from the Contemporary. Your best bet is to do a take-off like this Chewbacca cake:

Chewbacca%20Cake.jpg

Star%20Wars%20Mini.jpeg

Star%20Wars%20Anniv%20Cake.jpg

I see the flavor question a lot, so I added the answer to the FAQ in Post #1, under the list of flavor options.

not sure if this question has been answered already (been trying to ready page by page - but at work - I never seem to get through them all LOL)
Do they offer "gluten free" options to their cakes?
(fingers crossed)
My son's birthday is at the beginning of our stay and we will be at AK (eating at Tusker house I believe) and we are thinking of getting a cake to celebrate is big day. (Guess I can call - but figured I would ask the experts)

Star Wars is tricky. They generally they refuse to do anything but Star Wars-esque cakes. You'd need to ask the pastry chefs directly (via contact info on Page 1) and see what they're willing to do for you. Here are some past Star Wars cakes from the Contemporary. Your best bet is to do a take-off like this Chewbacca cake:

Chewbacca%20Cake.jpg

Star%20Wars%20Mini.jpeg

Star%20Wars%20Anniv%20Cake.jpg

I see the flavor question a lot, so I added the answer to the FAQ in Post #1, under the list of flavor options.

This is perfect, thank you! I love the chewbacca one!

not sure if this question has been answered already (been trying to ready page by page - but at work - I never seem to get through them all LOL)
Do they offer "gluten free" options to their cakes?
(fingers crossed)
My son's birthday is at the beginning of our stay and we will be at AK (eating at Tusker house I believe) and we are thinking of getting a cake to celebrate is big day. (Guess I can call - but figured I would ask the experts)

If you call and ask for gluten-free cake, they will tell you to order from Erin McKenna's Bakery at Disney Springs, which delivers all over WDW property. Information is in Post #1 of this thread.

I just had a Yoda mini cake done a few weeks ago by Beach Club. I'll post pics! I just wanted to add that they have approved art they can do on white chocolate, Yoda was available Boba Fett was not. Although, the person I talked to hadn't ever seen any Star Wars movies and didn't know who the characters were, I'm pretty sure Boba was misspelled, so he may be in there some place :)

The subtitle for this post is "Please don't tell my husband how much I spent on cake"

We stayed at Beach Club for the Star Wars Darkside races in April - we ran the 10k and 1/2. My husband's birthday is May the 4th, and he is a Star Wars nut. I thought it would be fun to have a cake delivered - adult only trip and two weeks before his birthday. I just got a mini cake since there were only two of us. I didn't want a lot of cake left.

I called Beach Club to order - I waited until the last minute so it was a little over a week before we arrived. Dining asked if I was looking for a theme. I told them Star Wars and I left my name and number and was told someone would call me back. A few days later I got a call from private dining asking theme I was looking for and confirming the date I wanted the cake delivered. They said someone would call back. On Easter Sunday I got a call from Private Dining. They said that they could do a standing white chocolate character from the pre-approved art. The cost was $30 and the cake was $35. The image was going to be next to the cake. (I should add when I did this at Poly, the standing image was tall. I figured it would be fun and worth the money.)

The guy hadn't ever seen Star Wars (!) but found two Yoda images. He emailed them to me, I picked one, and called back with the choice. He said I could choose white or chocolate buttercream. I was hoping it could be yoda-green :) but my husband would just be excited about cake so I went with white and called it good. I also didn't care about flavors - I just got chocolate with dark chocolate mousse. I requested "Run Fast You Will" on the plate since it was being delivered the day before our first race.

So here is the cake that arrived:

cake.jpg

The Yoda was a lot smaller than we expected - but the cake looked so cool! My husband was impressed that someone who obviously knew Star Wars did the cake - the tree stump had a lot of details including rings on the bottom one. There were two (ridiculously delicious) truffles on the cake. I love the mickey dotting the "i" in "will". The Yoda was on a circular stand that stood on top of the top layer.

The cake was the perfect size for the two of us. It was also delicious (I think better than my birthday cake at Poly a few years ago!). It was pricey, though. But worth it considering the effort that went into it, and considering I was expecting a cake with plain white frosting!

I love this thread - and I'm so excited to have something to add to it :)

Thanks for sharing your experience in so much detail—very helpful! :goodvibes
It was a lot! Ha! I just thought the two calls with the same questions were kind of funny, and then trying to tell a non-Star Wars person about Star Wars characters :)

If you call and ask for gluten-free cake, they will tell you to order from Erin McKenna's Bakery at Disney Springs, which delivers all over WDW property. Information is in Post #1 of this thread.
Thank you. I did read post one but I must have missed that bit of information.
Much appreciated :)

Ok, I've read through the entire thread and only saw this asked once, but not really answered. Has anyone had experience ordering a cake at Hoop Dee Doo? The only other mention of it I've seen is that the person never got it! Thank you!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter