• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part V!

We got a Micky Dome cake for DH birthday. It was suppose to be the milk chocolate one, but a white one came. I didn't like it at all, he did which was the point. The Happy Birthday on the ears was wonky and they just brought it out on the card board from the cake box. I kinda thought they would make it look better. This was at Le Cellier.

Crazy question.....Has anyone ever ordered a cake and then had the park close? My daughter's birthday and the day we ordered the cake for our dinner at Chef Mickey's is September 10th.... although they don't know the path of Irma for sure at the moment.....several of the hurricane spaghetti models I have been seeing show it hitting on the evening of the 10th! That are the odds!!!!!

Getting a little nervous about ordering my son's birthday cake for Chef Mickey. I really want a Goofy theme! It sounds like there's a lot of runaround and I really don't have time for that. (I work days, DH works nights...he could call during the day, but a runaround like that would really annoy him. :( ) Any further advice?

Getting a little nervous about ordering my son's birthday cake for Chef Mickey. I really want a Goofy theme! It sounds like there's a lot of runaround and I really don't have time for that. (I work days, DH works nights...he could call during the day, but a runaround like that would really annoy him. :( ) Any further advice?

We emailed to discuss themes etc for our Frozen cake and it was quite simple.

I did have a little issue placing the order as we are from the UK so calling and leaving a message was awkward but in the end they got the private dining people to email me and we sorted it that way :)

We emailed to discuss themes etc for our Frozen cake and it was quite simple.

I did have a little issue placing the order as we are from the UK so calling and leaving a message was awkward but in the end they got the private dining people to email me and we sorted it that way :)

Thanks for the encouragement. :) In the end, all we really need is a cake. I'm still hoping to arrange for a awesome one, though! ;)

Does anyone think that having a cake delivered on Thanksgiving (at Le Cellier) will be an issue? this is DH's actual Bday and when I want the cake.. just thinking it might be a bit of a mad house due to the holiday? We have never been during an actual Holiday.. Thanks Michelle

IMG_0036.JPG
Just picked up at Trail's End since they don't deliver to the Fort Wilderness cabins. 8 inch marble cake with white chocolate mousse filling, vanilla buttercream, and a white chocolate Steamboat Willie! I am so happy! It is perfect! Quoted $70+tax, but Trail's End didn't have paperwork, so he rang it up $62+tax. Awesome!

View attachment 267650
Just picked up at Trail's End since they don't deliver to the Fort Wilderness cabins. 8 inch marble cake with white chocolate mousse filling, vanilla buttercream, and a white chocolate Steamboat Willie! I am so happy! It is perfect! Quoted $70+tax, but Trail's End didn't have paperwork, so he rang it up $62+tax. Awesome!
Gorgeous cake. Thanks for sharing!

Does anyone think that having a cake delivered on Thanksgiving (at Le Cellier) will be an issue? this is DH's actual Bday and when I want the cake.. just thinking it might be a bit of a mad house due to the holiday? We have never been during an actual Holiday.. Thanks Michelle

I think you'll be fine. Just be sure to call a few days before and reconfirm everything. You may also need to secretly remind your server when you get to the restaurant.

IMG_4602.JPG We got this cake at Citricos last Friday. Pat was great to work with. I asked for a food and wine festival themed cake. It was chocolate with chocolate mousse filling, vanilla buttercream and fondant. It's difficult to see in the picture, but the fondant was a deep wine color. It was 6" and I paid $75 (but was able to get 30% off with my annual pass). It was delicious and beautiful!

Attachments

• IMG_4604.JPG
    IMG_4604.JPG
    66.6 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_4653.JPG
    IMG_4653.JPG
    69.4 KB · Views: 114
I finally got a hold of someone at the contemporary named George!!!:flower: At, first I was nervous because when I said Minnie Mouse cake he told me they only do pointy triangle style princess hats on minnie mouse cakes. Eventually I asked for just the mickey mouse hat and I said we would pretend it is minnie mouse. I asked for a cake iced with red with white polka dots added to look like Minnie Mouse's dress. He told me they would be using fondant so, I double checked again, to see if they could make a red bow out of fondant for the head. (first I was told no) George called the bakery, who said they could! So then I also asked for a strip of yellow between the two with a small yellow bow to make it look like a dress. George also called the bakery for me to ask about flavors because he originally said they only did two flavors, chocolate or vanilla. I was able to get chocolate with cookies and cream filling. The cake will also have a light dusting of Pixies dust. They will also write on the plate like I asked about in my emails. I was quoted $35 in the email and $70.00 just now over the phone. Is that high for a mini 2 tier cake? The phone call went quite fast and he didn't read the cake details back to me, so I am slightly nervous. Should I send an email with the details we discussed just to confirm?

Here was my cake inspiration. I will post a photo of what we end up with.
View attachment 266354
Yes....send an email, and include the inspiration photo , because a picture is worth a thousand words.

I just put in the request for the slipper dessert to celebrate my birthday at CRT (yes, I have to order my own celebration things. My family doesn't have a clue about how any of this works. :p) Our reservation is in about a week, but I kept holding off hoping for a better time.

I'm curious. If a reservation for a better time does come up, can I take it and send the new information/confirmation to the same email address and let them know I want to change it? Or should I just accept and be content with my 4:30 dinner?

For my family's trip in mid-August of this year, I ordered a Peter Pan 8" cake with Pat from the Grand Floridian. She asked what my price range was, and I told her that we would like to keep it between $80-$130, but on the lower side if possible. I let her have relatively free range over the design, though I did ask that the "Never Grow Up" phrase be referenced somewhere in the cake design. Needless to say, I was never given an exact quote and charged over my max, at $137. I was charged in advance, and seeing that is was over then amount I figured that they were going to decorate the cake to the max--as I did not have any special add-ons to the cake, it was simply chocolate. Well, that wasn't the case. Based on what I have seen posted from others, our cake was rather bare and priced too high for what we received. I even made sure to go with Pat and the GrandFloriadians specifically since I always seen such detailed and well done cakes from them. Not too happy on the price we paid for what we received. To me, it looks like a $100 cake, if that. Next time I'm going to be even more specific with what I want and give a lower budget amount and ask for the quote on the spot.

http://photobucket.com/gallery/user/vlathens18/media/cGF0aDovSU1HXzM3NjdfenBzZ294ajBqOTUuanBn/?ref=1

wow... I amateur cake and I do think that would range in the $75 range. So, yeah, I would be unimpressed too. One thing I have learned to do from all these posts is send photos and be specific. Mostly the ones that don't are disappointed. but equally, Ive noticed people having a VERY specific vision get disappointed too. so I guess I will aim somewhere in the middle.

I just put in the request for the slipper dessert to celebrate my birthday at CRT (yes, I have to order my own celebration things. My family doesn't have a clue about how any of this works. :p) Our reservation is in about a week, but I kept holding off hoping for a better time.

I'm curious. If a reservation for a better time does come up, can I take it and send the new information/confirmation to the same email address and let them know I want to change it? Or should I just accept and be content with my 4:30 dinner?

I think it is fine to order your own, I know I would have to!

For my family's trip in mid-August of this year, I ordered a Peter Pan 8" cake with Pat from the Grand Floridian. She asked what my price range was, and I told her that we would like to keep it between $80-$130, but on the lower side if possible. I let her have relatively free range over the design, though I did ask that the "Never Grow Up" phrase be referenced somewhere in the cake design. Needless to say, I was never given an exact quote and charged over my max, at $137. I was charged in advance, and seeing that is was over then amount I figured that they were going to decorate the cake to the max--as I did not have any special add-ons to the cake, it was simply chocolate. Well, that wasn't the case. Based on what I have seen posted from others, our cake was rather bare and priced too high for what we received. I even made sure to go with Pat and the GrandFloriadians specifically since I always seen such detailed and well done cakes from them. Not too happy on the price we paid for what we received. To me, it looks like a $100 cake, if that. Next time I'm going to be even more specific with what I want and give a lower budget amount and ask for the quote on the spot.

http://photobucket.com/gallery/user/vlathens18/media/cGF0aDovSU1HXzM3NjdfenBzZ294ajBqOTUuanBn/?ref=1

I think your cake is lovely, did it taste nice?

I think the cake turned out nicely, but I agree that it's not as elaborate as I would expect for that price.

Yes, it is very easy to call Private Dining and have them change the delivery time. I'd call again the day before and re-confirm that they still have the new time, though.

Whoa, yeah, that does not look like a $137 cake. I can see them charging a lot for the treasure chest, but the piped buttercream decorations should have balanced that out. You can always complain to the restaurant manager; they usually knock the price down.

Yes, it is very easy to call Private Dining and have them change the delivery time. I'd call again the day before and re-confirm that they still have the new time, though.

Whoa, yeah, that does not look like a $137 cake. I can see them charging a lot for the treasure chest, but the piped buttercream decorations should have balanced that out. You can always complain to the restaurant manager; they usually knock the price down.

Thanks everyone. Sorry if I sound like I just posted to complain, but I just wanted to see what other opinions were on the situation and kind of give my recent experience to anyone looking to order a cake. My closest friend suggested I should of called and said something, but I wasn't sure and never did. I'm glad I'm not the only one that found it to bit on the high side though. Do any of you think it is too late to call and say something? And the cake tasted okay, but it wasn't the best cake that I've had. Thats okay though, I was (and still am) more concerned with the way it looked, lol. I bought it for pictures and the experience more than anything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter