• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part V!

Is it possible to have a cake delivered and waiting in the room fridge on arrival? My daughter and son in law will be honeymooning at Kidani, and I'd like to order a small cake - either a Mickey dome one or one with a white chocolate castle on top and have it waiting in their room with a bottle of champagne. I've been scrolling through this thread and previous versions but haven't run across the answer. Thanks!

Yes! There was no issue getting it delivered to CRT when I placed my order. The only difference is if you are getting it delivered off site, you have to pay for cake+tax when you finalize/place your order. That’s all I had to do and she said it will be there for our dinner reservation!

awesome thanks!

Is it possible to have a cake delivered and waiting in the room fridge on arrival? My daughter and son in law will be honeymooning at Kidani, and I'd like to order a small cake - either a Mickey dome one or one with a white chocolate castle on top and have it waiting in their room with a bottle of champagne. I've been scrolling through this thread and previous versions but haven't run across the answer. Thanks!
Based on what I have seen in these threads, etc is that they are not delivering directly to rooms right now. But I think you could get it delivered to the resort. The resort deliveries have been held at the front desk

Those that have had luck with ordering cakes to be delivered to CRT, what are your travel dates? When I reached out to GF, they said they couldn’t deliver there but did get back with me that BOG was an option.

Should I call back and try again? The response came via text from Kate when I followed up. When I initially sent the email with the request Julisa responed with “ok thank you” and then didn’t respond to my next email.

I am planning my next vacation (and cake) and it occurred to me that I don’t think I ever posted my two most recent. This was done by the Grand Floridian on a Girls Trip with my best friend. It was our celebration for our last night (although so many people stopped by the table to wish me Happy Birthday, so I just went with it! 😂). Inspiration was Frozen Fever - the Frozen short film where they celebrate Elsa’s birthday. The cake is an 8-inch replica of the cake Anna had made for her. We called this our Anna and Elsa trip, so it seemed fitting. The phrase on top is a song that was sung in the short. When I ordered, I requested the EXACT cake flavor that is served at the Perfectly Princess Tea. It remains my favorite Disney cake combination, to this day. I believe it’s a vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream beneath the fondant and a mild strawberry mousse filling. I didn’t actually tell them those flavors, just that I wanted the same as they make for the Tea and they said that would not be a problem. It’s been too long to remember exact price, but I believe it was in the $75-$85 range.

These mini cakes were delivered to Garden Grill and feature my favorite characters! Chip was my cake and inside was vanilla and vanilla filling, although the icing was chocolate, since we didn’t want dyed brown icing. Dale was my friends and I believe she chose chocolate cake. They were delivered to our table (and were a huge hit with Chip and Dale!). I don’t remember how much they initially cost because we got a significant discount. I brightened the photo to show details, but as you can see, Chip face-planted into the cake when he was in the refrigerator and nearly took Dale (his arm) with him. The staff tried to fix it and were extremely apologetic, but offered a discount right away and since this was a fun “just because” dessert, we were fine with that. Smudged face or not, the cake still tasted great!

Those that have had luck with ordering cakes to be delivered to CRT, what are your travel dates? When I reached out to GF, they said they couldn’t deliver there but did get back with me that BOG was an option.

Should I call back and try again? The response came via text from Kate when I followed up. When I initially sent the email with the request Julisa responed with “ok thank you” and then didn’t respond to my next email.
The cake that I just ordered to be delivered to CRT is for the last week in May

I just backtracked through the thread and noticed that my previous pictures aren’t showing up anymore. Here are the highlights in one place:

October 2016 - Yacht Club made it for a fireworks cruise that Hurricane Matthew cancelled, but Disney Magic delivered it to Bay Lake Tower and salvaged the surprise! I think it was $85 in 2016. Inside was marble cake and chocolate buttercream. I told them Halloween theme with “Boo to you” written on it and they knocked it out of the park!

2017 - Slipper dessert delivered to CRT.

2016, based on my daughter’s age and the fact it was delivered to CRT.

2017/18 - Delivered to Akershus and boxed up and carried to our room at AoA. I got an Aurora theme too, but it didn’t survive the trip.

Late 2018 - Delivered to Yachtsman. This was my least favorite and I was very disappointed in it. I gave them the wording to use and requested a Wall-E theme and this was what was delivered to the table. It tasted good, but I was not happy. It was a surprise for my husband, who loves the movie, and he enjoyed it, so I didn’t make a fuss and cast a shadow on our date night, but I could not believe they thought this was Wall-E.

Has anyone had any luck getting an allergy-free cake from the Disney bakeries? We have loved our previous mini princess cakes and will be in WDW in June(Polynesian). Unfortunately my 11-yr-old DD was just diagnosed with food allergies and is now gluten, soy and dairy free.

I’ve been digging through the thread trying to find photos of what I think is a pretty common design and can’t find any lol. Anyone have any pics of a mini 2-tier cake that is white (or solid color) with little mickey heads on the sides? I’m thinking of doing one of those with pink Mickey heads, pink piping around the borders and asking for a Mickey macaron on top.

Has anyone had any luck getting an allergy-free cake from the Disney bakeries? We have loved our previous mini princess cakes and will be in WDW in June(Polynesian). Unfortunately my 11-yr-old DD was just diagnosed with food allergies and is now gluten, soy and dairy free.

Disney usually tries to steer you toward Erin McKenna's because they can't guarantee that any cake they make is 100% free of allergens. Private Dining at the Grand Floridian is being really accommodating right now, though, so it's worth asking what the pastry team can do!

I’ve been digging through the thread trying to find photos of what I think is a pretty common design and can’t find any lol. Anyone have any pics of a mini 2-tier cake that is white (or solid color) with little mickey heads on the sides? I’m thinking of doing one of those with pink Mickey heads, pink piping around the borders and asking for a Mickey macaron on top.
Here you go!

Did I understand correctly that cakes are only available at YC/BC, GF/CR? Are the "stock" Mickey dome cakes still available? My best friend's daughter is honeymooning at AKL in early June and I was thinking of sending them a little Mickey cake as a surprise.

Did I understand correctly that cakes are only available at YC/BC, GF/CR? Are the "stock" Mickey dome cakes still available? My best friend's daughter is honeymooning at AKL in early June and I was thinking of sending them a little Mickey cake as a surprise.
I saw the Mickey dome cakes available at every resort quick service restaurant we visited during the pandemic. They were available for mobile order via MDE.

Yeah, custom cakes are only available from those resorts. The standard Mickey dome cakes seem to be available most places.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter