Official Disneyland ½ Marathon & 5k

I will be there, will be going Coast to Coast for the 4th year in a row!!

Congrats! I have been on the fence if I do Napa to Sonoma again with Team Challenge, but to fundraise and train is something I am not sure if I want to do again this year....so the C2C medal is looking like a great option this year!

Got an e:mail today from the Disney Rewards VISA card.
If you have one, then you can register now through 1/17 - before everyone else does!
General public registration begins on 1/18.
No money off, but just early registration.

I got the Chase Visa email too. No price break but if you use it you still get your reward points.

Our hotel has been booked for a couple of weeks. All set to go !!

Got an e:mail today from the Disney Rewards VISA card.
If you have one, then you can register now through 1/17 - before everyone else does!
General public registration begins on 1/18.
No money off, but just early registration.

I got the Chase Visa email too. No price break but if you use it you still get your reward points.

Our hotel has been booked for a couple of weeks. All set to go !!

Didn't get mine! Do you still have to register through active? I hate those fees!! :headache:

HoJo is really nice- really popular, great pool and really low rates. For me, I like to be in the parks or DTD and really only use the hotels for sleeping so pools and amenities aren't a big thing for me. I try to be b/w Disney Way and the McDonald's(you can see it on the google map.) I really like the BW Anaheim Inn, but if you like pools, their's is a little small. The Ramada Maingate at the Park has a nice pool. Next month, I'm staying at the BW Park Place Inn & Suites. The rooms look really big and the rooms, AAA price for the DL 1/2 are $98, so I can let you know when I get back. They even do 21 day advanced purchase and the rooms go down to $87, but you pay right when you book and no cancellations. The down side is they charge for parking, but the upside is that they are right at the big crosswalk and entrance to DL, so it'll literally take you 2 minutes to walk to the parks.

The resort hotels are also really nice, but right now, the prices are high and will go down in a couple of months. Paradise Pier is the furtherst away from the parks, but not far like WDW, you can still walk to the parks. The DL Hotel is at the end of DTD, but you can catch the monorail and it takes you right into DL. The Grand Californian is the closest to the parks, in the middle of DTD. However, they have their own separate entrance into DCA which is nice.

The DL Hotel is right at the race staginging/start/finish and is just finishing a big remodel. The themes are different areas in DL. PP is the cheapest of the 3 and 1/2 block from the DL Hotel, and they have a beach theme. The Grand Californian is the most expensive, and done in a Californian Bungalow/outdoor theme.

After registration opens next month, check gettravel.com. That's the website where you can get discounted park tickets and hotels and they'll have the link on the race page. Personally, I've found that, b/c I'm like you and love to book hotels early :goodvibes and I have a AAA card, it's cheaper to book the hotel on my own except for the resort hotels. They have good prices for those 3.

Hope that helps! If you have any more questions, let me know!

Thanks! THat was great info!!!!:thumbsup2

Just booked my hotel! Carousel Inn + Suites.....great location....Thanks Kim 3339! I feel SO much better just being able to walk to the race that morning....and later that day to celebrate!

Now, I just have to register!

This will be leg one of (hopefully) the Coast to Coast with the Wine & Dine!

Thanks again!

Thanks! THat was great info!!!!:thumbsup2

Just booked my hotel! Carousel Inn + Suites.....great location....Thanks Kim 3339! I feel SO much better just being able to walk to the race that morning....and later that day to celebrate!

Now, I just have to register!

This will be leg one of (hopefully) the Coast to Coast with the Wine & Dine!

Thanks again!

Glad it helped!!

Just an FYI~ I'm going to change the title over to the Offical one tomorrow that way others can jump in until the race! :mickeyjum

Glad it helped!!

Just an FYI~ I'm going to change the title over to the Offical one tomorrow that way others can jump in until the race! :mickeyjum

Awesome! Just wondering if I should register when it opens, or at the Princess EXPO, or after the Princess with a hopefully "good" time...lol Anyone know what the cut off will be for times...would I be able to use my 2011 WDW Half time for DL Half in 2012?

I didnt train for the 2011 W & D and dont want to use that time! This will be my first trip to DL and going for the C2C!:banana:

Just wondering if I should register when it opens, or at the Princess EXPO, or after the Princess with a hopefully "good" time...lol Anyone know what the cut off will be for times...would I be able to use my 2011 WDW Half time for DL Half in 2012?

I didnt train for the 2011 W & D and dont want to use that time! This will be my first trip to DL and going for the C2C!:banana:

You should be safe waiting until the expo to register, and if you do it at the expo, you don't have to pay the active fee, just the reg fee. You can use your W & D time if you want and when you go faster in the Princess, you can submit that time to move you up. I think the cut off time for submitting a new time is in June or July.

Well, I just signed up! I just ran my first half last weekend at WDW, so I'm going for the C2C medal!

I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone! :)

Krista

DH and I just signed up under the Chase Visa special. We look forward to this race every year.

I signed up during the WDW Marathon weekend at the Expo. Anyone know where to stay at a decent price around disneyland where is walking distance. Its pricey during that labor day weekend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter