Official Disneyland ½ Marathon & 5k

Reep said:
So, which of you nice folks is going to post a picture of the newest shirt when the expo opens tomorrow? I hope it is an interesting color. I'm a bit tired of white, black, navy and gray.

If there's a way to upload pics on here with my phone I will!

Also this is what my brain comes up with when it's really bored and excited at the same time (waiting for my ride and then to the airport!) set to California here I come!:

Disneyland here we come!
Right back where we started from.
Open up your friendly gates!
Disneyland here we come!

OK so I am questioning what I am wearing on Sunday.... Is this a "tutu" type of half? At the Princess I wore one, but everyone did, or it seemed like it. Also trying to figure out with it so warm if that makes sense? Again during the Princess it was cooler so it was fine.

Any thoughts on tutu's??

OK so I am questioning what I am wearing on Sunday.... Is this a "tutu" type of half? At the Princess I wore one, but everyone did, or it seemed like it. Also trying to figure out with it so warm if that makes sense? Again during the Princess it was cooler so it was fine.

Any thoughts on tutu's??

Probably not as many as the Princess, but the spectators love it. If it doesn't create a lot of heat for you I would go for it. I wish more people would. It really adds to the race. But, it will be hot, so take that into count.

Just went through the lineup for the Expo... Things I'm definitely looking into buying this time around:

KT Tape
Headbands
Sunglasses
Running sleeves

I'm so excited!

I think I am packed :cool1:
So excited. Still need to go to work though :badpc:
YAY - almost here :banana:

Probably not as many as the Princess, but the spectators love it. If it doesn't create a lot of heat for you I would go for it. I wish more people would. It really adds to the race. But, it will be hot, so take that into count.

thanks for the feedback! I think I'm going to go for it and I guess I can always take the tutu off and throw it at my hubby when I see him on the side! Good luck everyone and D I G D E E P!!!!!!

Can't wait to get there. Unfortunately, I don't Fly out until tomorrow. I wanted to run in 5k but my schedule didn't permit it. Safe travels to everyone and good luck in the race Sunday.

I'm basically ready to go...just need to dry my hair, take out the trash, and toss the last few things in my bag.

I'm NOT excited about the weather at all. I think I've decided to not race this race, I originally had a time in mind, but I'm just going for fun now.

I'm sure this question has been asked/answered many times, but where's the meet-up for tomorrow? I likely won't make tonight's since my flight doesn't land until after 7.

Also...I realized last night that my hotel is NOT on the list of hotels that have shuttle service for the weekend. But surrounding hotels are on the list, can I just walk to one of those hotels for the shuttle? Or do you actually have to be staying at the hotel to use the shuttle? I know at WDW they didn't check, but this is a whole different ball game.

I'm NOT excited about the weather at all. I think I've decided to not race this race, I originally had a time in mind, but I'm just going for fun now.

Don't give up quite yet. The forecast is backing off a bit now. Seems like they are uniformly 69 for the low (not great, but not 72), and good chance of clouds. 69 and cloudy with a slight breeze isn't too bad.

I'm still planning on racing this one. I may cut myself a some slack if it starts getting hot around the stadium, but otherwise I'm going for it.

So, which of you nice folks is going to post a picture of the newest shirt when the expo opens tomorrow? I hope it is an interesting color. I'm a bit tired of white, black, navy and gray.

Not my picture but here it is...

A1oyjcSCYAAevkO.jpg

Any thoughts on tutu's??

Go with the tutu!

Thanks. Navy is better than black. I do like the graphic. Can't wait until I get to drive down tomorrow.

Maybe the clouds on the graphic are a good sign for the weather on Sunday?

I sure hope so. As I am sitting here at 10am and its still nice and cool outside.

noga said:
I sure hope so. As I am sitting here at 10am and its still nice and cool outside.

Where the heck are you? I just left DCA and felt like I was boiling. Heading back to hotel for brief break after this and then back to DCA.

AWWW.. I am still at work on the East Coast. I'll be there tomorrow though. Hopefully no TRAFFIC.

DH and I leave tomorrow morning at 6:30 AM from Portland, Oregon to arrive in LAX just before 9 AM!

Wanted to say thanks for the link to the $5 savings for Disneyland Express. It's going to cause us $50 instead of $60 now for us to shuttle to Hotel Menage and back from LAX. Also, super easy for me to set up a pick-up time for Hotel Menage to LAX on Sunday (cause they are an on-call hotel), and also super easy to cancel if DH and I end up being somewhere else at that point (like closer to the DL hotel or something).

So excited for the Expo! I'd like to pick up some sleeves, and also look at the tape, and maybe some additional reflective gear for my night runs.

The tape I am especially interested in because I started doing some speed work, which was probably stupid of me, because now my right calf hurts between the cafe and the shin bone area the middle area of my lower leg, and I have done some research and I think it might be posterior shin splints or maybe just a calf strain. Either way, I have pin pointed the area of pain and it HURTS when I apply pressure to it, and it equally HURTS when I run. So I am really hoping the tape might help me on Sunday.

To chime in on the music - I train with my Droid, and I run with my droid because I use RunKeeper, but during races I generally don't listen to music, or if I do it is in the background with my ear buds laying over my shoulder or just one in my ear. I like to absorb the atmosphere.

DH and I are doing California Adventure tomorrow, and I am debating getting us each another 1day1park pass for Sunday to do the Magic Kingdom, because our flight doesn't leave until 7:10 PM and so we could PROBABLY catch the 5:00 PM bus to LAX. Does anyone think we should do the 4:00 PM bus instead? This is if we catch it from DL Hotel. Either way, we'll have from when I finish the race to 4:00 PM to do stuff. I really think a visit to the other park might be in order. It sure would be fun to sport my DL Half and Coast2Coast medals in a park!

Which remains me - are there lockers available inside the Magic Kingdom? Cause if we check out of Hotel Menage and decide to catch the shuttle from DL Hotel, and go to Magic Kingdom in between, we will have our ONE carry-on bag that I will want to stash somewhere. Thoughts?

See you all tomorrow/Sunday!

- Carey

FOLLOW MY 'DISNEYLAND HALF MARATHON' & 'DISNEYWORLD MAYBE-BABY CHRISTMAS' PRE-TRIP REPORTS!

are there lockers available inside the Magic Kingdom?

Yes, both parks have lockers at the entrance area. But, remember, Magic Kingdom is in Florida. You're going to Disneyland!!!!!

I don't know about which bus to take, but you could probably have a lot of fun at DL on Sunday with your medals.

Have a great flight.

If anyone is at the Expo this afternoon and sees a woman looking confused and agitated and lost with 2 small blonde children say hi to my mom lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter