Official Fantasyland Expansion Q & A (Mickey gets evicted)

Disney RailRoad
Disneyworld RR tracks will be moved. :wizard:
Not sure if they are doing this b/c they need to or if they don't want people to see the Demo.
Does anyone know why???? :confused3

I've read nowhere that they are moving the rail road lines, although that does not make the statement untrue...

it is just a massive undertaking to move the RR tracks, given that at some points they are very carefully placed, like where POTC goes under the tracks and the junction line going back to the train barn by toon town. This is not something that they can just do over night or anything, it would have to be closed for months... Plus isn't there a canal that borders the RR in the back of the MK?

Does anyone have any more info?

I've read nowhere that they are moving the rail road lines, although that does not make the statement untrue...

it is just a massive undertaking to move the RR tracks, given that at some points they are very carefully placed, like where POTC goes under the tracks and the junction line going back to the train barn by toon town. This is not something that they can just do over night or anything, it would have to be closed for months... Plus isn't there a canal that borders the RR in the back of the MK?

Does anyone have any more info?

From what I have read it looks like maybe they just might be adding track to bypass the old toontown train station.

They will be redoing the train station, it's not clear if they are moving it or not.

I guess I will find out in Dec. when I go.

I found a few more tid bits on other boards.

so it looks like...........

What will happen to the WDW RailRoad????
The WDW Railroad will be closing for 3-4 months in 2010 to accommodate construction or will be re-routed untill construstion is done.

What will happen to the WDW RailRoad????
The WDW Railroad will be closing for 3-4 months in 2010 to accommodate construction or will be re-routed untill construstion is done.

I love the train! Any word on when this will happen? (from a more credible source than a bus driver, please...they just like to mess :scared1: with us.)

Walt Disney World Railroad – closed May to allow movement of equipment and large parts into and out of Space Mountain..

Maybe they will do what they need to during this time.

this is the only closing I could find

Walt Disney World Railroad – closed May to allow movement of equipment and large parts into and out of Space Mountain..

Maybe they will do what they need to during this time.

this is the only closing I could find

The whole month of May??? UGGGHHHH!!!!

Update.............................................................................
I call disney to ask about the expansion they said the magic carpets will be closed for refrub Dec 6-19.
Not sure if that means toontown will be open or not.
I'm traveling in dec. so i only ask for those dates.

One of our bus drivers last year said that they were testing out Cars Land at DL and definitely had plans to bring it to DHS in the next few years. YAY MATER!

I don't believe anything until I hear if from a Disney bus driver!!:rotfl:

Update.............................................................................
I call disney to ask about the expansion they said the magic carpets will be closed for refrub Dec 6-19.

They were closed last year during that time too (for regular refurbishment). And since they are located in Adventureland, I think you can rest assured it has nothing to do with the Fantasyland refurb.

Wait a minute...they're GETTING RID OF MINNIE AND MICKEY'S HOUSES?! How could they do that?! I loved that as a kid and I imagine it's still really magical for a kid to see those houses. They seem like such an important part of the MK...how could they just get rid of them :confused:

I AGREE! Losing Mickey and Minnie's houses will be very sad. I would love for them to be kept. Anywhere will do, really. My kids LOVE to visit their houses. It's like bein let in on a secret.

Also, what will happen to Goofy's Barnstormer? Will it be closing? If so, any word on when that will happen? We will be there in May. The houses and the Barnstormer might be too much to take.

We were at DW Dec 12-19 2009, and those were the EXACT dates magic carpets were closed. I remember the last day they were closed was the day we were leaving, so there was no chance of us riding them.

As I doubt they'll be closed the exact same dates two years in a row, I think you were told Dec 2009 closings.

Disney has said that no rides will be closed due to the expansion.
However there are refrubs an other reasons why rides are closed.

I'm still kinda wondering how they are going to move :dumbo: Dumbo and still keep there promise that no rides will be closed.

Any ideas??? :idea:

Since they are technically refurbishing Dumb would it really be breaking the no closed rides rule?

Also, what will happen to Goofy's Barnstormer? Will it be closing? If so, any word on when that will happen? We will be there in May. The houses and the Barnstormer might be too much to take.

From what I've read, it's set to be rethemed, possibly to go with the Dumbo circus theme. I'm assuming that means it's only going to be closing for the refurbishment.

When I told the kids tonight that Mickey and Minnie's houses and Donald's boat were closing, my DS6 cried. DD4 said "Don't worry--they can sleep at Cinderella's castle, she has lots of room."

There's been no timetable released, is that right? Is it known if they'll open the expansion in stages, or if they plan to keep it closed off until it's all done?

Since they are technically refurbishing Dumb would it really be breaking the no closed rides rule?

Thats a good question. I hope its open in Dec when I'm there.

When I told the kids tonight that Mickey and Minnie's houses and Donald's boat were closing, my DS6 cried. DD4 said "Don't worry--they can sleep at Cinderella's castle, she has lots of room."

AWWWWW! That is so sweet. It shows that kids think of everything.

There's been no timetable released, is that right? Is it known if they'll open the expansion in stages, or if they plan to keep it closed off until it's all done?

From the Press release in 2009 they stated that Phase one " Princess meet and greet" will open in 2012
Trinkerbell and dumbo will open in 2013. :banana:

As for if they will open little bits in each phase early, I guess will have to wait an see.
If anyone is going to WDW in the comming up months Plz give updates!!!!!

It makes me wonder if they are putting in 2 completely new rides, and waiting to close the old one until the new ones are ready.

So instead of getting to meet 3 princesses in 1 go, we now have to queue up for them individually. Hope they manage the lines well, because if it's anything like the line for Ariel, it will be hellish having to do that for them all individually.

Although hopefully they will keep the princes with their princess so you can meet them both at the one time. Can't wait to see Beast's castle. My favourite disney film and I can't wait to see it. It looks amazing from the plans.

So instead of getting to meet 3 princesses in 1 go, we now have to queue up for them individually. Hope they manage the lines well, because if it's anything like the line for Ariel, it will be hellish having to do that for them all individually.

Although hopefully they will keep the princes with their princess so you can meet them both at the one time. Can't wait to see Beast's castle. My favourite disney film and I can't wait to see it. It looks amazing from the plans.

I mentioned this on another thread, but I got the feeling people thought I was being overly negative. I can't WAIT for all of this to happen. And I can't wait to see each new princess in her own land. But the bottom line is that if each princess has a line like Ariel (good analogy) then that's going to create problems for my family. We get hustled out of the "girl" side of the park fast enough as it is!

So no. It will no longer be a 3-fer-1. And I will miss that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter