Official "I'll be at the LIVE AUDIENCE show" Thread

Now that is funny! :rotfl:

Actually, I am alot like Kevin in that I never get up early at Disney.

I don't think I have ever been to a rope drop. We usually don't even get to the Parks until lunchtime. Hey, it's vacation, right?

I was thinking of Chef Mickey's though, and I plan on starting a thread about the trip so everyone who can't go can participate.

I am figuring I might hit trails end for breakfast sunday. I have never made it over there for breakfast, I hear it is pretty good. And since I know the podcast crew (re Kevin) doesn't do AM... I could easily be talked into reviewing breakfasts throughout the world. Breakfast is my favorite. And believe me, there are places that can screw up scrambled eggs. Would anyone like to donate to my "Wildeoscar reviews the breakfasts of the world" fund? I can take paypal at wildeoscar@cinci.rr.com

It's been about 4 years since I last visited Gaylord Palms. Can anyone tell me if they have parking charges?

i'm [retty sure they do, we have a HS convention there and I remember thiking that it cost at least $10 to park! I'm check there site and post the parking cost.

I am figuring I might hit trails end for breakfast sunday. I have never made it over there for breakfast, I hear it is pretty good. And since I know the podcast crew (re Kevin) doesn't do AM... I could easily be talked into reviewing breakfasts throughout the world. Breakfast is my favorite. And believe me, there are places that can screw up scrambled eggs. Would anyone like to donate to my "Wildeoscar reviews the breakfasts of the world" fund? I can take paypal at wildeoscar@cinci.rr.com

What time are you thinking and how would you get there? It is way at the back of Fort Wilderness. I was thinking of something a little more accessible like Chef Mickey's or O'Hana or Cape May Cafe. I would actually really like to do Cape May Cafe. :woohoo:

What time are you thinking and how would you get there? It is way at the back of Fort Wilderness. I was thinking of something a little more accessible like Chef Mickey's or O'Hana or Cape May Cafe. I would actually really like to do Cape May Cafe. :woohoo:

OOO:yay: .. I'm up for Ohana's... that's my fav b-fast on property.,.. they have the BEST eggs (I have to agree w/ Kevin about their dinner.. been twice, disgusting and disturbing at the same time:confused3 :rotfl: )

Bob Varley passed away yesterday as I'm sure all those planning on attending the live show already know. I doubt there will be a show but I'm sure the team will address that in time.

I cannot imagine what each member of the team is going through and hope they know that we want them to focus on Bob's family's and each other as they deal with the loss of their dear friend. I just re listened to the 10th anniversary show last week and it still amazes me how the Unplugged team is truly family. I have a sense that this is going to take a while for the team to find their bearings and very difficult for them to sit down at the round table for the first time with out Bob. Take all the time you need, we love you all and will be waiting.

I have to say that I am a bit envious of people like wildeoscar and safteymom that got to meet Bob. I was at AK for the 10th anniversary and was not "trying" to find Kevin and John but hoping to bump into them (I had on my Unplugged shirt). However, if I had know Bob had joined them I would have secured a spot at the exit of the theater after the Joe Rohde talk to meet him and say hello. I was looking forward to meeting the whole team this Sunday, but especially excited to meet BAWB. He had such a kind nature to him that oozed through the mic, I was so touched by him giving a young fan one of his Christopher Robin pins.

I will never get to thank Bob for keeping me laughing. I found the podcast last October during a difficult battle with depression and found that it made me laugh and put a smile on my face, something that was hard to do. I soon began to look forward to the new shows and realized that the Podcast was giving me something to look forward to and helping me on my road to recovery. Thanks Podcast team for all you do, I think pages and pages of post is testament to how much Bob was loved and a reminder that someone need not meet a person to touch their life.

Mandy

Depending on what the crew wants to do,, maybe you all can still get together and have a little memorial service, with or without Pete and the gang. Not what you were all looking for, but it might be nice to all join together.

I found the podcast last October during a difficult battle with depression and found that it made me laugh and put a smile on my face, something that was hard to do. I soon began to look forward to the new shows and realized that the Podcast was giving me something to look forward to and helping me on my road to recovery. Thanks Podcast team for all you do, I think pages and pages of post is testament to how much Bob was loved and a reminder that someone need not meet a person to touch their life. Mandy

I couldn't relate with you more. I too deal with depression and the last two years have been the worst of my life. I found the podcast a few months ago and for the first time in a long time I found myself "genuinely" laughing because of something Bob did or said. For anyone who has been through depression, you will understand how significant this can be. He will be missed ... :sad1:

Mandy, thank you for posting. I was planning on being at Sunday's Podcast. Even if it did go on, I don't think I could hold it together. I've had the pleasure of meeting Bob and some email correspondence. He and the rest of the Crew got me through some tough times last year. I knew that no matter where I was in the world, friendly voices were a mouse click away.

I leave for WDW tomorrow night. I am heading down with a heavy heart. My trips always included being on the lookout for Kaht Kam. No more. I know one thing that I will be doing, have a Dole Whip in Bob's honor.

Mandy, thank you for posting. I was planning on being at Sunday's Podcast. Even if it did go on, I don't think I could hold it together. I've had the pleasure of meeting Bob and some email correspondence. He and the rest of the Crew got me through some tough times last year. I knew that no matter where I was in the world, friendly voices were a mouse click away.

I leave for WDW tomorrow night. I am heading down with a heavy heart. My trips always included being on the lookout for Kaht Kam. No more. I know one thing that I will be doing, have a Dole Whip in Bob's honor.

I know several people still be in the area, I think we should plan a Dole whip meet in honor of Bob! There is a Dole whip place in POLY for those who don't have tickets for the parks.

I think that's a wonderful idea...I can't be with you in person, but I'll be with you in spirit -- so have a Dole Whip for me too while you lift your empty cups to the sky in honor of Bawb. :grouphug:

yeah, pending hearing what the crew wants to do... I am going to assume that Sunday is postponed at the least.

Thanks Kevin, I still plan on attending. I know it won't be the same but I look forward to meeting the team.

Thank you for allowing us to join you and the team during a difficult time, we look forward to hearing more great Bob stories.

Mandy

I will be there and I think that I might be able to go to the memorial service.

I hope to see you there.

Now I'm even more bummed that I'm going to be there the next weekend...
My take action brain kicked in earlier today and I was thinking about the people planning to attend who have left home already, are planning to attend, and have no net access and won't know... :(

I have to admit I am torn. I could not go, as my plans are easily changed. but I was already planning on going, it was just to the show pretty much, no plans to hit the parks, but do some other silly stuff. but it really changes the entire color of the trip. any thoughts?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter