Official inaugural Tower of Terror 10 miler thread. September 29, 2012

Cripey said:
Was there a good selection of official merchandise?

I've only ever been to the Marathon weekend expos and Expedition Everest, so those are the only two I have to compare to...
Somewhere in between...
Several tech shirts, t-shirts both long and short sleeve, sweatshirts, themed pint glasses, hats, 10 mile ToT Mickey car magnets, pins, and your typical line of RunDisney stuff.
Not bad selection, more clothing than stuff. Didn't see mugs, sport bottles etc.
Lines were long but moved along pretty quickly.

I've only ever been to the Marathon weekend expos and Expedition Everest, so those are the only two I have to compare to...
Somewhere in between...
Several tech shirts, t-shirts both long and short sleeve, sweatshirts, themed pint glasses, hats, 10 mile ToT Mickey car magnets, pins, and your typical line of RunDisney stuff.
Not bad selection, more clothing than stuff. Didn't see mugs, sport bottles etc.
Lines were long but moved along pretty quickly.

sounds about like what I expected...can't wait to see it all tomorrow. I'm hoping there are some women's cut shirts available to buy! :thumbsup2

Anyone who has been to the expo already is there a running store there that I can buy an add on fuel belt zipper pouch? I know I bought my last one at the marathon expo 2 years ago. Hope I can pick up another.

Hope someone can answer my question

What a long day. Just got off ME tossed my luggage in my room and am headed to the expo now. I'm hoping to get this done quick so I can head to Epcot for a few hours. Oh! Did I mention I've been awake since 1:00 yesterday. I am gana sleep good tonight!

What a day! Phone's been replaced, playlists recreated, bags packed, one more sleep and I'm ready to roll.

Don't know if I'll make it to the WISH meet, so BEST OF LUCK to everyone!!!

TnTsParty said:
Anyone who has been to the expo already is there a running store there that I can buy an add on fuel belt zipper pouch? I know I bought my last one at the marathon expo 2 years ago. Hope I can pick up another.

Hope someone can answer my question

Spi was there with their belts. Some other guy was pushing some sort of magnetic running wallet that hangs over your waist band. There were other vendors as well but I didn't pay close attention to what belts they had.

I was at the EXPO today, but gotta go back tomorrow. We lost the party ticket that was mailed; so, I gotta go in tomorrow with the confirmation from the purchase and IDs to get it re-issued, or as I was told.

I was at the EXPO today, but gotta go back tomorrow. We lost the party ticket that was mailed; so, I gotta go in tomorrow with the confirmation from the purchase and IDs to get it re-issued, or as I was told.

Are party tickets for non runners? We did not receive any party tickets.
See everyone tomorrow night.

good luck to all

Spent more time than anticipated at the Expo. DH bought a new pair of shoes, me a sparkle skirt and raw threads shirt to match. I was surprised that the KT tape folks weren't here - or at least I didn't see a booth. Stopped by the RunDisney booth - they're still showing the 2012 Princess medal. When we left the official merchandise booth didn't look to have pins or ToT car magnets. Hopefully they are just in a new location than where they were originally. The lines were very long to check out during the first early hours of the expo being open. How about that downpour!! We got soaked going to the car.

Happy running to all!

Cripey said:
sounds about like what I expected...can't wait to see it all tomorrow. I'm hoping there are some women's cut shirts available to buy! :thumbsup2

There was one woman's tech shirt....cut small. I bought a large. Our official shirts look great, but are HUGE. As in there is no way I'd ever run in the medium I got. Disappointing.

MinnieDiva, you can exchange your shirt for a smaller size. Unfortunately I couldn't find one to fit. One size swallowed me whole. The next size down was snug across my belly and still big at the top (surprising since, well, I'll leave it at that, lol). I can totally see now why people complain that they need to offer a woman's cut too. On a cool note, anybody else notice the ink GLOWS IN THE DARK?? I was so impressed by that! Doesn't take much I guess. That made up for the poor fit, in my mind. Lol. It's race day, y'all!! Woo hoo! Dad and I are about to head to the 5k.

MinnieDiva said:
There was one woman's tech shirt....cut small. I bought a large. Our official shirts look great, but are HUGE. As in there is no way I'd ever run in the medium I got. Disappointing.

They are very huge- my DH and I were able to exchange ours but they were running out of extras to swap.

Ahhhhh, today is the day! I had nightmares last night about running in a hurricane. I've been checking the weather a little too often, I think! Let's how 30% chance of rain is really 70% chance of no rain and we have a dry race!

Ahhhhh, today is the day! I had nightmares last night about running in a hurricane. I've been checking the weather a little too often, I think! Let's how 30% chance of rain is really 70% chance of no rain and we have a dry race!

If it does rain, it usually does so early enough it is passed by 10pm. Also, if it must rain, I would want it to around 7, so that it cools the air quicker and that it's late enough so the sun doesn't make it miserably humid.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter