Official inaugural Tower of Terror 10 miler thread. September 29, 2012

mickeysgal said:
I would love to somehow see that picture. There has to be a way to get it somehow posted here.

Create a mobile email that includes the picture, open the email then right click copy to laptop pictures , then post here?? Would that work? Or is there a faster way?

Photobucket for iPhone is what I used to post mobile pics here.

Sorry--should've been more clear...I don't have the pic on my mobile. It's still in my camera and I'm still in the car on the way home! :). I'll check out the Photobucket app, though, and try to get it posted tomorrow! Tonight I'm going straight to MY bed--which is actually only slightly more comfy than the ones at the Dolphin....zzzzz

Okay, let me test out this Photobucket app with a pic from the expo...

IMG_7918_zpsd9ea525c.jpg

Can anyone see it?

minniebeth said:
Gah! I was agreeing with all the ladies about the tech shirts in the running bags being cut for men, too large, etc. but never really looked at mine until I just took it out of the wash from vacation laundry. I got a large because I'm pretty busty but I could fit two of me in it! I really could kick myself for not looking at it and trading sizes. Thank goodness I bought a women's tech shirt at the expo because I won't be wearing the official ToT one. I was hoping to wear it for trick-or-treating too. Bummer.

Post the one that is too big on eBay and I'll buy it to wear while I am training for next year as motivation :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Has anybody had any problem using the 50% off code for Brightroom? I tried yesterday and it kept saying the code was invalid......EndOfSummer50

Has anybody had any problem using the 50% off code for Brightroom? I tried yesterday and it kept saying the code was invalid......EndOfSummer50

I used it the day the pictures cam out and worked fine, maybe try all capitals; ENDOFSUMMER50

gerberdaisy1234 said:
Post the one that is too big on eBay and I'll buy it to wear while I am training for next year as motivation :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

DS17 told me he wanted it... It's still way too big on him but he likes it. Otherwise I would have just sent it to you. :)
These threads are awesome and provide/d a lot of motivation for me! Good luck training for next year!!

The ENDOFSUMMER50 code at Brightroom is still working for me today! I think it expires today.

Has anyone ordered their photos in a digital version from Brightroom yet? I'm wondering if the actual digital photos from Brightroom will be as grainy and bad as the thumbnails when they're expanded. If they're just as bad, I only have a couple photos that are good enough to merit purchase even with the code. (Low light and motion are not a photographer's friend) :rotfl2:

NitroStitch said:
Has anyone ordered their photos in a digital version from Brightroom yet? I'm wondering if the actual digital photos from Brightroom will be as grainy and bad as the thumbnails when they're expanded. If they're just as bad, I only have a couple photos that are good enough to merit purchase even with the code. (Low light and motion are not a photographer's friend) :rotfl2:

I've ordered the digital download from several other races and the pics you get when you order are much higher quality for sure. Not grainy like the thumbnails.

Ummm, obviously Brighroom is creating low quality thumbnails with a watermark to prevent pirating, don't ya think. You will receive high quality JPEG files when you order digital photos. I have never been disappointed. Though, not all photos are grade A quality - especially the ones pulled out of the lost and found. I never hesitate ordering the digital packages.

Here is a set from a couple years back
http://www.flickr.com/photos/cewait/3999922026/in/photostream

The issue is that Brightroom cannot make the runner look good all teh time.

I usually always get the finisher's print certificate, but with that awesome discount, I'm getting the CD for the first time. :)

Anybody know if the pics include a border? I don't see that as an option anywhere, nor an option to add a time (not that I want mine on there!)--usually those are options. Am I just not seeing it?

The border option is there. I ordered a picture with one. Just click on the different tabs, prints, products, etc. The shipping was $4.99 :sad1:, but the code worked. I wouldn't have ordered, otherwise. I just hope the pictures are the ones I wanted, at the submit page no photos were shown. Only a description was listed.

My daughter did the kids race in the a.m. She did the 200m, I thought it was pretty silly to corral all the kids and have the 1 mile race first:confused3 they should have had the shorter races with all the wee ones first. It was stankin' hot!!! She still enjoyed herself

Yes!!! I thought that was silly, too. DD has done 3 kids races and each of the last two, we picked up her shirt and stuff the morning of the kids race. For this one, they changed it so you had to go to the Expo to get her shirt. By the time I got there, they only had XS and toddler sizes. I was so irritated, I didn't even shop at the expo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter