***Official Jan 2018 Thread****

So I'm looking for some fun stuff to do that we didn't do on our last trip. My girls are pretty sensitive to loud noises...especially my youngest so she HATES the fireworks (we even tried ear plugs last time and that didn't work at all. She cowered on the ground and was crying so not an enjoyable experience). I'm hoping to plan something where we can view the fireworks from a distance so she can enjoy them without the loud noises. We have reservations at O'Hana's one night so I was thinking watching from the beach of the Poly but was thinking maybe splurging on the Pirates and Pals Fireworks cruise. Do they still have that in January? I would imagine it would be fairly cold in the evenings. Has anyone ever done this? Is it still loud?

Pirates and Pals is amazing! So fun. My kids loved it. The fireworks did not seem loud to me.

My sister and I will be coming to WDW January 16-25th. Staying at All Star Movies. Very excited for my first winter trip. Renting a car this time and will be looking around for a possible life move to Florida in a couple years! First stay at a value resort, always wanted to stay at the Movies resort! Booked our air (from Oregon), resort, bought my ticket and we have some dining plans set. Watch out Florida, the Dagley girls are coming in the beginning of the New Year!

My sister and I will be coming to WDW January 16-25th. Staying at All Star Movies. Very excited for my first winter trip. Renting a car this time and will be looking around for a possible life move to Florida in a couple years! First stay at a value resort, always wanted to stay at the Movies resort! Booked our air (from Oregon), resort, bought my ticket and we have some dining plans set. Watch out Florida, the Dagley girls are coming in the beginning of the New Year!

Yay on booking your trip, I have added it to the roll call and by the looks of it you and your sister are getting all set for a fun time party:

Also very exciting about a potential move to Florida :thumbsup2 so I hope you have fun in the car exploring :car:

Hello!! Just got super lucky and bought a friend's DVC reservation she was otherwise going to cancel, tacked on a couple days at the beginning, and now we're straddling the December/January line, so I am joining both threads!

We'll start off at All Star Movies for the last couple of days of December, then moving to AKL 12/31 - 1/3. Super quick trip to ring in the new year, and I get a 4th trip on my AP! Just DH and I, we're leaving the kids at home!

Hello!! Just got super lucky and bought a friend's DVC reservation she was otherwise going to cancel, tacked on a couple days at the beginning, and now we're straddling the December/January line, so I am joining both threads!

We'll start off at All Star Movies for the last couple of days of December, then moving to AKL 12/31 - 1/3. Super quick trip to ring in the new year, and I get a 4th trip on my AP! Just DH and I, we're leaving the kids at home!

Yay well done on securing a lovely, just you and the Hubby NYE trip party:

I hope you have a fantastic time and 4th trip wow, I have added your trip to the roll call :thumbsup2

Just cancelled my trip that was going to begin Saturday. Stupid hurricane. My new plan is the end of January. So I guess I get to start planning a new trip.

Just cancelled my trip that was going to begin Saturday. Stupid hurricane. My new plan is the end of January. So I guess I get to start planning a new trip.

Oh no for your trip :( but yay for January :thumbsup2 as it's looking like anyone who's anyone is booking for Jan lol :rotfl:

So just let us know when you've got it all sorted and I'll add you to the roll call :cheer2:

We're planning a trip 1/1 through 1/7. It's me, DW and DD6. We're staying at AOA in a little mermaid room. I'm a little worried about how crowded it will be but will try really hard to not try to do everything this time. Are holiday decorations still up during the first week in January?

We're planning a trip 1/1 through 1/7. It's me, DW and DD6. We're staying at AOA in a little mermaid room. I'm a little worried about how crowded it will be but will try really hard to not try to do everything this time. Are holiday decorations still up during the first week in January?

congrats on booking your trip party:I have added you to the roll call :thumbsup2

Not sure about the Crimbo decs although I would assume on the 1st they'd still be up.

Also with crowds, the first week of Jan is the marathon week so there might be a few extra people but probably nothing like if you went a week earlier over the Christmas week (I can only imagine how busy it get then)

Yes all the Holiday decorations will still be up. They were still up when we went in January of 2016 till the 14th

Is that a British thing?? HAHA

lol Definitely a UK term.

I do, around the festive season, say Crimbo a lot.:santa:

In the UK we even have a Christmas song called "Proper Crimbo"
it's awful cheesy but it's always on so you can't help sing along.

lol Definitely a UK term.

I do, around the festive season, say Crimbo a lot.:santa:

In the UK we even have a Christmas song called "Proper Crimbo"
it's awful cheesy but it's always on so you can't help sing along.

Learn something new every day. I would have guessed it was an auto-correct error...LOL

We will be at POR from 12/31-1/5. I am so excited, but nervous about crowds too. I figure it will be an adventure!!!

We will be at POR from 12/31-1/5. I am so excited, but nervous about crowds too. I figure it will be an adventure!!!

Yay that's the Spirit it will be an adventure ; as let face it you're in Disney so you know you're going to have fun.

I have added your trip to the Roll Call and I hope you have something special planned for NYE party:

Learn something new every day. I would have guessed it was an auto-correct error...LOL

Well I am Dyslexia so most of the time that is the case lol...:rotfl:

But no, this is definitely a word (well in the UK) isn't it great, we invent a wonderful language and the proceed to ruin it. :thumbsup2

Hurricane changed my plans. Was supposed to be at Disney Sept 6-16, with Universal on three of those days. Had CBR booked, but I am now going to Disney World January 17-24, 2018 and staying at All Star Sports. I was so upset yesterday since I had been planning this vacation for over a year, but I woke up this morning excited about my trip in January.

Hurricane changed my plans. Was supposed to be at Disney Sept 6-16, with Universal on three of those days. Had CBR booked, but I am now going to Disney World January 17-24, 2018 and staying at All Star Sports. I was so upset yesterday since I had been planning this vacation for over a year, but I woke up this morning excited about my trip in January.

Oh no :guilty: but so glad you managed to re-book. So :welcome: and I have added your trip to the roll call.

Happy you're now excited about your new trip and January isn't that long away:thumbsup2 can't believe it's September already :cheer2:

Good luck with all your new planning :bitelip:

Running from Irma, we landed here.

Staying Jan 17-26 at Saratoga Springs.

So glad you got your trip all sorted party: and I have added it to the roll call.

After watching the news all this weekend it's been pretty scary , fingers crossed everyone is okay :hug:

But I hope you have a fun trip and are getting all your planning sorted :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter