***** Official * July 2017 * thread! *****

I'm so excited for this trip! We are officially one month away - it's been a really difficult year, so it will be extra welcome! I'm usually a commando, but I'm going to try a more subdued trip this time.
We're arriving Wednesday morning and checking in, relaxing and having lunch at Sanaa. Not doing anything that day but swimming and saying hi to all the beloved savanna animals (and my sweet little tortoise by the Sanaa waiting area).
Thursday we'll do park opening at Magic kingdom and come back to kidani for the afternoon. We may or may not go back to the park at night.
Friday is AK day!! We have the Tiffins dining package so we don't be have to worry about ROL and we got FP for FoP. Super excited for this day!!
Saturday we'll go play at a water park for a bit - probably TL. Then come back and swim/do the pool games. Maybe we'll venture out to a resort we don't know well - or maybe go to the boardwalk.
Sunday it's back to AK! This time we have FP for Navi river journey. And a dusk KS so I can see the hyenas.
Monday is Epcot. We have prepark breakfast at garden grill so we shouldn't have much of a wait for the new Soarin - I used my tier one FP for frozen since we haven't seen that either! We'll do TT on the single rider line.
Tuesday our flight home isn't until 10 pm. So we'll check out, swim and maybe go to Disney springs for lunch and souvenirs.
That sounds like a good mix of park time and relax time, right?
I'm with you on this one, leaving commando behind this year. I have some knee and foot issues, so resting in between by a shade tree with a cool snack (ice cream) is my pace. My cousins will be doing thrill rides, which I do not do, so I will have plenty of relaxing times in between rides. I think I'm going to really love the slower pace...I'm excited to try it.

For those of us traveling at the END of July, check the park hours for MK -- they just updated to an 11pm close (previously has been 10pm close) on the 24th, 25th & 26th -- for the 26th, this moved evening EMH from 11pm-1am -- YAY!! :woohoo: Best as I can tell, those are the only dates changed at this point. But I know I'll be keeping an eye out, just in case they make further changes.
I saw that as well, very happy! The later the better!

Just got an email update from Touring Plans about crowd levels during our trip. The crowd levels have dropped for almost everyday of our trip! I was glad to see this. Now let's hope the temperatures drop too:yay:
I'm with you on the temperature drop, but it's been so cold here in NH it feels like fall. So...maybe a little heat would be welcomed!

We are there on the 21st. Dinner at Boma (my favorite) and relaxing at the resort. Saturday is MK day. I did not get FP for FOP but got NRJ and ROL. Funny thing...I could not get Soarin'....didn't even show up on my list, what's up with that. We had to book at 30 days out as we are not staying onsite but it was odd that I couldn't get Soarin. Epcot had very little to choose from, but I did get Frozen. Go figure.

I've been throwing things into a suitcase for a month now....everything is wrinkled...LOL! I just can't help myself.

Super excited to welcome JULY...let the good times roll !!!! :yay:I set up a packing area in the basement and I have no idea how I'm going to fit our 'Disney collection' into the bags. :laundy:

9 more days!!! :cool1:

DH accidentally revealed the news of the trip with our DD in earshot but said he was talking about something else so hopefully it'll still be a good surprise lol.

What is your check in date? We leave today, just driving as far as CT, but our bands for check in on the 22nd haven't arrived. I already put a hold on my mail, so I can't even have a relative pick them up and mail them to me. Oh well, we have old ones. And can test out the new style in gray when we check in for two nights on 7/6.
We arrive on the 21st. Our actually came pretty quick compared to other people

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter