***Official June, 2012! Hot, hot, hot!!!***

You should be fine to swim in November. We were there in Dec. this past year and were able to swim at the start of our trip. We were "lucky" enough to be there when Fla. had an unusually cold spell. We needed winter coats, gloves and hats by the end of the week! :scared1: (But we zipped up those coats and rode Splash Mtn. anyway!!! :woohoo:)

Thanks for the info! We may lean towards Oct, but just really not sure yet. I hate not having dates yet, even if it is for 2012, lol~:lmao:

It is looking like we will be going in June next year!! I will be breaking my own rule, though. I said that I would not return until DD is 4 years old, BUT....DH just found out that he will be going to a conference in Orlando on June 11-14. He suggested that the whole family go and I can take the kids to the parks during the day. Yippee!!! I am thinking we will arrive on the Friday before the conference starts so that we can have the weekend to have fun with DH, too.

So, we will be doing this trip a lot different than we usually do. We usually stay onsite, have the dining plan, and use all Disney transportation. We will have to stay offsite at one of the conference hotels and rent a car. No extra magic hours for us this time. But I think we will try Universal Studios this trip since I will have a car.

The last two times we went was during off season. I'm worried a bit about crowds. But I plan to use Touring Plans and get to the parks early.

Prices seem to be out for 2012. I was on the Walt Disney online site and it allowed me to price a trip for Late June 2012 to early July 2012. We are going to call later today to see about putting our 200 dollars down. I want to layaway this trip. :cheer2:

Mrsdennison

DDP looks to have gone up a lot. I told my DH this and he said I don't care it is easy and gives you somehting more to plan. What a great guy:love:
Can't wait to get the planing going. 11 month will be July and 7 months in Nov. and 6month(180 day) in Dec can't wait.

Hello everyone! I'll be joining you!! I am currently planning my family's first and MY first trip to WDW!!! I can't express to you how excited I am, but since you are all here as well, I'm sure you "get" it. :rotfl: We are looking to go in early June and *hoping* to stay at Bay Lake Tower. Any suggestions or reviews are welcome! I started planning around April and just 2 weeks ago my sister asked about the trip. Of course, I hauled out my big planning binder :cool2: and she was SOLD. Her family has decided to join us, so now we are a Grand Gathering group. I'm very open to suggestions about that as well. Are you all Disney veterans here?

Just noticed this thread today!!! We will be going June 13-27!! Can't wait for this trip!! Best of luck to all my fellow June planners and who knows ...maybe see you around!! :thumbsup2

Hello everyone! I'll be joining you!! I am currently planning my family's first and MY first trip to WDW!!! I can't express to you how excited I am, but since you are all here as well, I'm sure you "get" it. :rotfl: We are looking to go in early June and *hoping* to stay at Bay Lake Tower. Any suggestions or reviews are welcome! I started planning around April and just 2 weeks ago my sister asked about the trip. Of course, I hauled out my big planning binder :cool2: and she was SOLD. Her family has decided to join us, so now we are a Grand Gathering group. I'm very open to suggestions about that as well. Are you all Disney veterans here?

That's awesome!!! I'm sure you will have a great time!! The largest group I have ever planned for was 8. I am a Disney vet and avid planner. Bay Lake tower is a great location!! I wish you the best with your planning and if I can answer any questions for you I will. :)

That's awesome!!! I'm sure you will have a great time!! The largest group I have ever planned for was 8. I am a Disney vet and avid planner. Bay Lake tower is a great location!! I wish you the best with your planning and if I can answer any questions for you I will. :)

Thanks so much in advance for the help! My group is also 8 plus one infant. I would love any planning tips you are willing to share! Was BLT hard to get into? I'm going crazy waiting for the dates to open up to non-DVC members. :scared1: I'm hoping for a villa of some sort, but I've heard here and there that they are REALLY hard to get. :sad2:

My only advise on dealing with DVC properties is to try and find someone that will rent you their points and have BLT as their home resort...this may be unlikely because on the "newness" of that location. That would give you availability 11 months out!! If you get the points from some one that has a different home resort then that cuts you to 7 months out for your ressies. I wish you luck on getting your first choice!! My only suggestion is to perhaps have a backup plan, in case you can't get in. I really don't think there is a bad place to stay at Disney, however some are less magical. As my children have gotten older we tend to actually stay more off site than on site. Not only for the savings per room but the freedom from Disney transportation. Long extended stay trips like my next, are almost always off site. Happy planning!!

My only advise on dealing with DVC properties is to try and find someone that will rent you their points and have BLT as their home resort...this may be unlikely because on the "newness" of that location. That would give you availability 11 months out!! If you get the points from some one that has a different home resort then that cuts you to 7 months out for your ressies. I wish you luck on getting your first choice!! My only suggestion is to perhaps have a backup plan, in case you can't get in. I really don't think there is a bad place to stay at Disney, however some are less magical. As my children have gotten older we tend to actually stay more off site than on site. Not only for the savings per room but the freedom from Disney transportation. Long extended stay trips like my next, are almost always off site. Happy planning!!

Thanks so much! I called Disney yesterday and BLT still isn't released. Oh well. We decided that we want to stay at CR as our backup hotel. We will be booking in just a week or so!!! :woohoo: So excited! I'll be more excited once the trip is paid off though :rotfl: I will keep calling and checking back to see if BLT opens up and I can change my res. The CM I spoke to said the dates should be available in late August/early September. Its crazy, the more I look at the other resorts, I'm already fantasizing about future return trips. :rotfl2: Do any of you have any Grand Gathering "must do" dining? Any dining in general that we should do? So so many options, I'm going crazy but WAAAAAY excited!

BTW, this sounds random, but what are the bathtubs like at the CR in the standard rooms?

We are booked for June 29- July 5, 2012. So is the rest of the grand gathering we have going. Now we are going to cross our fingers for some type of discount. Jan. 1 is our dining 180 days. So we have that to look forward to right now.

Mrsdennison

We are booked for June 29- July 5, 2012. So is the rest of the grand gathering we have going. Now we are going to cross our fingers for some type of discount. Jan. 1 is our dining 180 days. So we have that to look forward to right now.

Mrsdennison

Welcome to the club...hahaha... and Happy Planning!! :thumbsup2

Looks like our dates will probably be June 16-23, 2012! :woohoo: - Or as soon as school is out. ;)

If all goes as planned these are our dates too! Hoping for June 16-23/24. We will be celebating DD's college graduation and DS's wedding. :cool1: Of course... hopefully DD will get a job and her new employer will allow her to take the time. :thumbsup2

Haven't made any reservations yet, but we are hoping to do so soon. Was hoping the standard rooms at the new AoA would be open, but that is not looking good at this time, so we are trying to decide where to stay now.

We are finally at that booking point! I called Disney and got my quote, we've budgeted out paying off the trip. We are looking at the 4th-10th of June. I will be calling back and finally booking on Friday!! :scared1: I can't believe it!!! 26 years of dreaming and I finally get to go to Walt Disney World!!!!! *ahem* I mean take my kids to Walt Disney World...:rolleyes1

I did have a question though, With the multi-day park hopper tickets, do they give you a bracelet or something, or is it a paper ticket for each day?

We are finally at that booking point! I called Disney and got my quote, we've budgeted out paying off the trip. We are looking at the 4th-10th of June. I will be calling back and finally booking on Friday!! :scared1: I can't believe it!!! 26 years of dreaming and I finally get to go to Walt Disney World!!!!! *ahem* I mean take my kids to Walt Disney World...:rolleyes1

I did have a question though, With the multi-day park hopper tickets, do they give you a bracelet or something, or is it a paper ticket for each day?

If you are on-site, your tickets will be on a credit card that is also your room key(Key to the World card). If you buy tickets separately they look like paper but are on Tyvek stock that has a magnetic stripe and bar code...much stronger than paper. Here is a tip do NOT keep your tickets next to your cell phone or another Credit card because there is a chance they could become de-magnetized. All the days and options are on a single ticket. Not a separate ticket for each day. You can buy your tickets now and save some $$$ and have them added to your room keys later. Mine just arrived yesterday from Undercover Tourist!! As of yesterday they still have them at the old prices. If anyone need the mouse-savers link for them...just send me a PM.

If all goes as planned these are our dates too! Hoping for June 16-23/24. We will be celebating DD's college graduation and DS's wedding. :cool1: Of course... hopefully DD will get a job and her new employer will allow her to take the time. :thumbsup2

Haven't made any reservations yet, but we are hoping to do so soon. Was hoping the standard rooms at the new AoA would be open, but that is not looking good at this time, so we are trying to decide where to stay now.

It sounds like you have much to celebrate!! We have some partial overlap, my dates are June 13-27. Best of luck to you!!

If you are on-site, your tickets will be on a credit card that is also your room key(Key to the World card). If you buy tickets separately they look like paper but are on Tyvek stock that has a magnetic stripe and bar code...much stronger than paper. Here is a tip do NOT keep your tickets next to your cell phone or another Credit card because there is a chance they could become de-magnetized. All the days and options are on a single ticket. Not a separate ticket for each day. You can buy your tickets now and save some $$$ and have them added to your room keys later. Mine just arrived yesterday from Undercover Tourist!! As of yesterday they still have them at the old prices. If anyone need the mouse-savers link for them...just send me a PM.

Thanks for the reply! I guess I should have specified, we are purchasing military tickets, so we aren't going the traditional route. I will either buy them from the base here or purchase them at Shades of Green. That means that my tickets will not be on my room key, correct?

Thanks for the reply! I guess I should have specified, we are purchasing military tickets, so we aren't going the traditional route. I will either buy them from the base here or purchase them at Shades of Green. That means that my tickets will not be on my room key, correct?

That is correct,you would be arriving with separate tickets. You would be booking room only...but they can be added at check in. If you don't mind me asking...were the tickets really cheap at the PX/BX?? Just curious if they have them at the old prices as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter