**Official March 2018 Thread**

What's your favorite way to relax at Walt Disney World?

• Total voters
We have a PPO breakfast and dinner booked at BOG for our trip but if the park hours change I'll cancel the breakfast. IMO, breakfast is only worth it if it's PPO. It's very expensive for what you get. We loved our dinner there though and can't wait to go back!!
I loved the all you can eat breakfast at Whispering Canyon...it was sooooo good. But we not doing any breakfast's this time around. Always a reason to have variety on every visit. We are doing BOG dinner for the first time this year. There are still so many restaurants we haven't tried to keep us having something different.

I loved the all you can eat breakfast at Whispering Canyon...it was sooooo good. But we not doing any breakfast's this time around. Always a reason to have variety on every visit. We are doing BOG dinner for the first time this year. There are still so many restaurants we haven't tried to keep us having something different.
Most of our ADRs are for breakfast this trip. We have 5 breakfasts and 3 of them are PPO. I love getting into the parks before they open! I'm hoping the hours don't change too much on us so I don't have to cancel and scramble for different times! Enjoy your BOG dinner! BOG and 'Ohana are the only dinners we have booked for this trip. I've never done 'Ohana dinner so I'm hoping it's good.

Most of our ADRs are for breakfast this trip. We have 5 breakfasts and 3 of them are PPO. I love getting into the parks before they open! I'm hoping the hours don't change too much on us so I don't have to cancel and scramble for different times! Enjoy your BOG dinner! BOG and 'Ohana are the only dinners we have booked for this trip. I've never done 'Ohana dinner so I'm hoping it's good.
OMG...are you in for a treat at Ohana'....absolutely phenomenal food! And the atmosphere is really nice. It is a must for me every trip, this and Boma are my two favorites. I'd eat at both places more than once if I could, but have to mix it up for all the others.

OMG...are you in for a treat at Ohana'....absolutely phenomenal food! And the atmosphere is really nice. It is a must for me every trip, this and Boma are my two favorites. I'd eat at both places more than once if I could, but have to mix it up for all the others.
I'm so glad to hear that! We didn't love our breakfast at 'Ohana but I decided to give dinner a chance because the reviews seemed better for dinner. Honestly, I'm most excited for the bread pudding!!

Is that an EMH night? We have the BOG for the EMH night...let me check....no we have it Feb. 28th for EMH night.
No it’s the after hours event. We are going at 4 because that’s when we’d are supposed to be let in.

We were going to do ohana for dinner but our niece said 1900 pf breakfast looked better.

My FP+ day is tomorrow! Not trying to get FOP (we're hoping for NRJ) so the only things on the list that WE GOTTA DO are The Haunted Mansion and Frozen Ever After. We also have more than one day in EPCOT, so I think we'll be okay.

My FP+ day is tomorrow! Not trying to get FOP (we're hoping for NRJ) so the only things on the list that WE GOTTA DO are The Haunted Mansion and Frozen Ever After. We also have more than one day in EPCOT, so I think we'll be okay.
Doesn’t sound like you’ll have any trouble at all. Haunted mansion is super easy to get.

I'm so glad to hear that! We didn't love our breakfast at 'Ohana but I decided to give dinner a chance because the reviews seemed better for dinner. Honestly, I'm most excited for the bread pudding!!
Love, love the bread pudding...my favorite next to the Zebra bites at Boma. You are in for a real treat!

Doesn’t sound like you’ll have any trouble at all. Haunted mansion is super easy to get.
You were absolutely right! Got every single ride I wanted, including Na'vi and FEA. So different from my 2016 trip where I couldn't get FEA no matter what date I chose, whew!

Last edited:
Oh...I was thinking AK, so the FEA threw me off. Yes, that one is hard to get. No FOP's for you?
There were times available, but we're going for Na'vi instead. Both my friend and I are pooh-sized, and we didn't want to waste a fast pass on a ride we could potentially not fit on, especially when we both like relaxing boat rides.

You were absolutely right! Got every single ride I wanted, including Na'vi and FEA. So different from my 2015 trip where I couldn't get FEA no matter what date I chose, whew!
That’s great! Glad you got everything you wanted. I’ve still never ridden fea

Hello fellow March travelers. I was excited to find this thread for all of us traveling at the same time. It has been 6 years since we have been to Disney, and will be the first time as a family of 6. I am posting our current plans, and hoping all of you experts can recommend any changes I should be making.

Traveling will be myself and husband, and our kids:
Oldest Son age 13...will turn 14 there
Daughters ages 6 and 10
Youngest son is 2
My in laws will also be with us the first half of the week. It will be thier first trip ever!
We added a day after it was booked because of cheaper flights so we all will be at Pop Century the first night, then in laws will be at AKL and we will be at the Poly for 8 nights. Ok here are the plans!

February 27
Arrival to Pop
Trex for dinner

February 28
Check in at Poly
Brunch at the Bon Voyage Breakfast
Explore boardwalk/maybe pool time
Dinner at Ohana

March 1
Magic Kingdom
Chef Mickeys breakfast
Fast pass for SDMT, Peter Pan, and Enchanted Tales with Belle

March 2
Animal Kingdom
Tucker House for breakfast
Fast passes for the Pandora river ride, safaris, and kali river rapids

March 3
Epcot
Early lunch at Garden Grill and dinner at Akershus.
Fastpasses for spaceship earth, nemo, and frozen

March 4
Hollywood Studios
Son's 14th birthday so his food choices today
Lunch at sci fi and dinner at Cape May Cafe
Fast passes for frozen sing along (with the fast pass?), TT, and TSMM (is this going to be down?)

March 5
Magic Kingdom
Lunch at Crystal palace. I also have breakfast and dinner at BOG, and want to cancel one. Which one should I cancel?
Fast passes for Mickey, splash, and BTMR

March 6
Animal Kingdom
Fast passes for FOP, Dinosoar, EE

March 7
Magic Kingdom
Fast passes for splash, SDMT, and space

March 8
Depart late.
Pool day and lucy at Kona

Ok, tell me: Did I make a ton of mistakes? Did I over or under book things? What should I try to change? It is a little overwhelming trying to plan for such a range of people traveling. I am so glad I found this sight full of Disney experts!! Sorry this is so long, we are so excited for our trip!!

Note about dining: I have put aside money for dining instead of a package because our ten year old will most often not eat adult meals.

I think you have some great dining and FP+ choices! ('Ohana dinner and Kona breakfast never disappoints my family! We will also be dining here this trip.)

My only comment would be your first day at Poly:

February 28
Check in at Poly
Brunch at the Bon Voyage Breakfast
Explore boardwalk/maybe pool time
Dinner at Ohana

What times are your ADRs and what type of transportation would you be utilizing? For me, I think checking out of Pop, going to Poly, heading to the BW and exploring, eating, and getting back to Poly for dinner could be a little hectic.

Is anyone else having trouble canceling a dining reservation?
I am not having an issue today (I have not cancelled one), but I have had many in the past. I have had MDX not give me a cancellation button, show the wrong time, and still show reservations that I know are truly 100% cancelled.

I usually call with the confirmation number and confirm whether or not it is cancelled on Disney's end when it gives me error. It is annoying (especially if you're in the parks), but I like the piece of mind.

I am not having an issue today (I have not cancelled one), but I have had many in the past. I have had MDX not give me a cancellation button, show the wrong time, and still show reservations that I know are truly 100% cancelled.

I usually call with the confirmation number and confirm whether or not it is cancelled on Disney's end when it gives me error. It is annoying (especially if you're in the parks), but I like the piece of mind.
I have one still in mde that I canceled almost a week ago. I’ve also been trying to coordinate with someone and when they went to cancel it said they had to call to cancel. We can’t figure out how to coordinate now since they can’t cancel online.

There were times available, but we're going for Na'vi instead. Both my friend and I are pooh-sized, and we didn't want to waste a fast pass on a ride we could potentially not fit on, especially when we both like relaxing boat rides.
Oh, okay...I love the term you used "Pooh-sized"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter