"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2017 - Believe in the Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I forget and apologize if it’s been asked already, but in the past, were people allowed to make purchases at the Emporium or any of the food places on Main St. within the first hour after park closing or was it only open to party guests?

I forget and apologize if it’s been asked already, but in the past, were people allowed to make purchases at the Emporium or any of the food places on Main St. within the first hour after park closing or was it only open to party guests?
In the past MK was open until 7 and guests were required to leave at 7 when the party started. So if you stayed past 7 (you were in a ride line or still eating dinner when the park closed) you were then asked to leave the park. I personally haven't Been at MK beyond 7 without a ticket but there have been many reports that CM will not allow you to shop or eat in the park after 7. That being said this year they are closing MK at 6 and starting the party at 7 so they may handle the 6-7 hour differently than in previous years.
ETA The party is different than EMH where they do allow off site guests to stay to shop and eat (just not ride.) A big part of the party does not involve rides (parade, snowing on Main Street, fireworks, castle lighting, etc) so they need to clear out the day guests to maximize the value to party goers.

Last edited:

We are going to be in the park before the party starts so how do we get the wrist band for the party? Do we have to go guest services?

We are going to be in the park before the party starts so how do we get the wrist band for the party? Do we have to go guest services?

See Post #1. Will Update after 1st party when locations are reported.

Do I need a wristband? What if I want to stay without one?
  • Yes, a wristband is included in the cost of admission. All ticket holders for this event will be required to wear a wristband. You may pick-up your wristband and map of the party at designated locations in the MK.
  • Once the party begins at 7pm, Cast Members begin looking for those who do not have wristbands to exit the park.
  • MVMCP Ticket Holders have purchased tickets with "their money" for the party; if you do not have a ticket/wristband make your way to exit the gates by 7pm.
  • As discussed on another thread, there are different color wristbands, so NO Double Dipping to attend another party. Oh, my! I'm already in the park. Do I have to exit and re-enter for MVMCP? No, there are checkpoints within the park to check-in and receive wristbands for MVMCP!

Should I keep my fp for Test Track or ride it 1st thing in the morning and get fp for Illusions?
Is it easy to get good spot for Illusions without fp?

I have found that you can get a FP for Illuminations as a 4th or even sometimes 5th after using the others but if not there is lots of good places to view it from without it.

Was able to book FP for 4-6 time period for party on nov 17. I was only able to get 2 since the cut off is 6 instead of 7

Should I keep my fp for Test Track or ride it 1st thing in the morning and get fp for Illusions?
Is it easy to get good spot for Illusions without fp?

I have found that you can get a FP for Illuminations as a 4th or even sometimes 5th after using the others but if not there is lots of good places to view it from without it.

This! ^^^^
And plenty of places to view. Also, allow yourself option to get 4th, 5th, 6th FP+,

I know this is OT, with regards to the MVMCP. But some have asked...

As someone who loves Illuminations, and especially during the holiday season, I endorse getting the FP to get into the reserved area. We've done it twice and have never felt shoulder to shoulder or chest to back for the whole show.

Though, I still feel a little betrayed by Disney. The reserved area used to be a perk that was included when people did the Candlelight Processional/dining combo. It was a great all in 1.

We have done MBBBQ on Christmas & we do HDDMR every trip. Spirit of Aloha on list. DD9 was 7 that Christmas, she danced but could have done without, but had a good time, photos with characters in Christmas attire after show then we did the Holiday Sleigh Ride. Enjoyable but 1x was okay. HDDMR (great food) same overall theme but switch up jokes & add Christmas undertones to jokes during holidays. HDDMR ADR on Christmas this year.

Any chance we could do the MBBBQ and get back to AK for the second ROL showing? The ROL times are listed as 6:30 and 7:45. We want to do both but don't know if it's possible. 2 7 year old girls will be the main reason for doing the BBQ, 4 adults for ROL. Thoughts?

Any chance we could do the MBBBQ and get back to AK for the second ROL showing? The ROL times are listed as 6:30 and 7:45. We want to do both but don't know if it's possible. 2 7 year old girls will be the main reason for doing the BBQ, 4 adults for ROL. Thoughts?

What day? FP+ for ROL? MBBBQ should be 1.5 then bus to AK, ~25min. That doesn't include walking to bus stop @ campgrounds & bus being right available then, then entering park @ AK & walking to ROL, back in Asia (EE)/Finding Nemo Show. Not sure about new security either, haven't been since last Halloween. So if no FOP, and busy chance of not being seated for ROL?

What day? FP+ for ROL? MBBBQ should be 1.5 then bus to AK, ~25min. That doesn't include walking to bus stop @ campgrounds & bus being right available then, then entering park @ AK & walking to ROL, back in Asia (EE)/Finding Nemo Show. Not sure about new security either, haven't been since last Halloween. So if no FOP, and busy chance of not being seated for ROL?
11/30. We have the BBQ booked, we do not have a FP for ROL. Does the 5:30 BBQ actually start at 5:30 or is that seating? If it doesn't actually start until like 5:45 or 6, i don't think it can be done, even with a Lyft ride.

If you are going to AK, Mickey meets with Minnie there and they are both dressed for Christmas.
When I found that out, AND that Santa Goofy and Holiday Pluto were also there, it sure made planning time at the party a LOT easier.

We've now got Mickey & Minnie on FP at AK (first time I've EVER FPed a Character Meet!!!), and I lined them up early in the day so we don't capture that special holiday moment whilst sporting Expedition Everest Hair. :thumbsup2

When I found that out, AND that Santa Goofy and Holiday Pluto were also there, it sure made planning time at the party a LOT easier.

We've now got Mickey & Minnie on FP at AK (first time I've EVER FPed a Character Meet!!!), and I lined them up early in the day so we don't capture that special holiday moment whilst sporting Expedition Everest Hair. :thumbsup2

I had the exact same thought! I saw their AK pictures from previous years in their cute Christmas sweaters, and immediately ditched the idea of meeting them during the party. This is also my first time using a FP for a Character Meet but this is my "Do All The Christmas Things Plus Pandora" trip and I'm solo so I can do whatever the heck I want! :cool1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter