"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2017 - Believe in the Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how many people who have gone to Disney's party already will opt for this one. I know I wish we could do both, but the Universal one starts when we're hoping to already be at Disney (not quite booked yet :( ) and there's litle wiggle room because we planed it around the Disney Christmas party. hahahahha

I think this will be wildly popular. People love Harry Potter and adding the Christmas elements is like whipped cream on a sundae. If you have never done the Christmas party I do recommend it. My family and I have enjoyed it each time.

I think this will be wildly popular. People love Harry Potter and adding the Christmas elements is like whipped cream on a sundae. If you have never done the Christmas party I do recommend it. My family and I have enjoyed it each time.
You are correct in that aspect! We're HUGE Harry Potter fans and We are goig to universal in the fall for Halloween Horror Nights.. but when I heard about the HP Christmas celebration we decided to upgrade our tickets to annual passes and add two days onto the front of our Disney trip in December to check it out!!

This will be our first party, and we're excited to get some event shirts and pins. I saw in last year's guide that merchandise was available in 4 different stores. Does each store have different items or do all of them have the same things.
If anyone has pics of items they have gotten in the past I'd love to see!

I have done a Tuesday night and a Thursday night and the Thursday was much less crowded but the Tuesday was also when the pop warner kids were in town. Weather can change by the hour I had one party be super cold and another be perfect light long sleeve and jeans weather

Due to work approval I booked Dec 3-9, complete Pop Warner week! I had no idea when booking, but we're planning on doing the Tuesday MVMCP Dec 5th I believe, was it super crowded? Or manageable? Any memory of what wait times were like? Thanks!

Due to work approval I booked Dec 3-9, complete Pop Warner week! I had no idea when booking, but we're planning on doing the Tuesday MVMCP Dec 5th I believe, was it super crowded? Or manageable? Any memory of what wait times were like? Thanks!
That is still pretty early in December and in the PW competitions so you shouldn't see a major impact. Ride wait times were at most 30 mins and that was the major rides, most rides you could walk on. We spent a lot of time in line for character photos - so depending on what you want to "accomplish" just make sure to plan for it. I will also say if you want to see characters make sure you check where they are located before going to the party, i made the mistake of assuming that Sandy Claws would be in the same spot and walked to where he was in 2015 and he was completely opposite side of the park - keep in mind that its a limited ticket event so even on a busy party night its much better than a busy park day. Just plan for what you really want to do

That is still pretty early in December and in the PW competitions so you shouldn't see a major impact. Ride wait times were at most 30 mins and that was the major rides, most rides you could walk on. We spent a lot of time in line for character photos - so depending on what you want to "accomplish" just make sure to plan for it. I will also say if you want to see characters make sure you check where they are located before going to the party, i made the mistake of assuming that Sandy Claws would be in the same spot and walked to where he was in 2015 and he was completely opposite side of the park - keep in mind that its a limited ticket event so even on a busy party night its much better than a busy park day. Just plan for what you really want to do

This put me at ease, thanks so much! The only must meet characters for us are Santa Goofy & Scrooge McDuck so I'll make sure to know where they are in advance.

This put me at ease, thanks so much! The only must meet characters for us are Santa Goofy & Scrooge McDuck so I'll make sure to know where they are in advance.
I met Santa Goofy last year he kept pointing to my boots (furry top Uggs) because they matched him LOL such cute photos - Last year they were right next to each other over by the train/circus area and neither line was more than 30 mins around 7 pm so just make sure to check where and you will be good. This year is my 3rd party I can't wait!

I am trying to plan where I need to go first and then next for the main chr we want to see
7D
Scrooge
Mary Poppins and Burt
Then whoever else we can fit in too.

I am trying to plan where I need to go first and then next for the main chr we want to see
7D
Scrooge
Mary Poppins and Burt
Then whoever else we can fit in too.

Mine are 7D, Scrooge, and Pooh Characters... And ugh, Prob zootopia too if there again

I met Santa Goofy last year he kept pointing to my boots (furry top Uggs) because they matched him LOL such cute photos - Last year they were right next to each other over by the train/circus area and neither line was more than 30 mins around 7 pm so just make sure to check where and you will be good. This year is my 3rd party I can't wait!

That's awesome! Glad to hear the line isn't too long, it's hard to find info on them compared to the bigger meet and greets! We were hesitant on whether to pay for MVMCP but since this was a dedicated Disney early Christmas trip there was no way we could miss out, I'll probably want to be keep going back!

I definitely recommend subscribing to Kenny The Pirate's service, Character Locator. I used the last three years and have gotten my picture taken with every character I wanted, including the 7D, the Evil Queen in Rags form and Scrooge McDuck all with minimum wait.

I definitely recommend subscribing to Kenny The Pirate's service, Character Locator. I used the last three years and have gotten my picture taken with every character I wanted, including the 7D, the Evil Queen in Rags form and Scrooge McDuck all with minimum wait.
I've now seen people rave about that at least a dozen times. FINE, KENNY, TAKE MY MONEY. :D

I've now seen people rave about that at least a dozen times. FINE, KENNY, TAKE MY MONEY. :D
You won't regret! I once thought subscribing to touring plans and KTP was a waste of time and money but I've seen the light! It helped heaps the last few times and it does save you time, which when it comes to Disney, is most definitely money!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter