"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2017 - Believe in the Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yay! So glad to see this thread is open. We will attend a party sometime between 11/24 and 12/6.

Cannot wait for party information to be available. We planned out trip this year in December because my DH loves MVMCP! He is still mourning the Osbourne lights though, RIP:worried:

Last edited:
Does anyone know why the Disney site is saying the Christmas party tickets are sold out? Has it just not updated?

Doesn anyone know if they have kept the same days the last couple of years. Ex, Sundays, Tuesdays etc....

If they have been the same for the last couple of years I hope they dont change them this year.

Joining in! Our family will be staying at Dolphin from 11/28 - 12/6 and are hoping to attend MVMCP for the first time!

Joining..going the week before Thanksgiving 11/13-11/18...if there is a party on 11/12 we'll probably fly out a day early and do it then so we don't miss out of a night with the family.

Doesn anyone know if they have kept the same days the last couple of years. Ex, Sundays, Tuesdays etc....

If they have been the same for the last couple of years I hope they dont change them this year.
I'd like to know this as well.

Any one hear of any rumblings of any kind this week? Even a rumor would be better than this nothingness - I could add to my calendar layout i am prepping

I'm late to the thread, but planning on attending the first party following W&D weekend if all goes as planned and based on history. This is one of my favorite events and I cannot wait for more details! I know there is a lot rumbling about dates coming out soon for Halloween and I can't imagine that these wouldn't be far behind. Hurry up Disney!

When I asked a CM last week about when to look for dates & purchase tickets for this event I was told to check the website multiple times a day May-June.

I was honestly a little surprised that an event of this nature wasn't a little more coordinated in its release times- especially when so many people need to plan around it. I get waiting to release discounts, or entertainment, but this one baffles me.

Does anyone know of a reliable email blast that would let you know when the dates are posted? Again, surprised that isn't something the company is doing already for marketing purposes.

Last edited:
When I asked a CM last week about when to look for dates & purchase tickets for this event I was told to check the website multiple times a day May-June.

I was honestly a little surprised that an event of this nature wasn't a little more coordinated in it's release times- especially when so many people need to plan around it. I get waiting to release discounts, or entertainment, but this one baffles me.

Does anyone know of a reliable email blast that would let you know when the dates are posted? Again, surprised that isn't something the company is doing already for marketing purposes.
The tickets are released in May typically - but the announcement of dates tends to come prior so people can start adding to plans. It is weird we haven't received at least dates by now. Just because last year they ran on Tu, Th, Fr & Sun means nothing for this year, as with anything Disney. Lot of people seem to think that Pandora and all the resort construction may be impacting things

Doesn't anyone know if they have kept the same days the last couple of years. Ex, Sundays, Tuesdays etc....

I'd like to know this as well.

Just because last year they ran on Tu, Th, Fr & Sun means nothing for this year, as with anything Disney.

They've had the parties on Sundays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays for years; I would really be surprised if it changed.

I was honestly a little surprised that an event of this nature wasn't a little more coordinated in its release times- especially when so many people need to plan around it. I get waiting to release discounts, or entertainment, but this one baffles me.

Shoot, by May and June, people going in November and December (when the parties take place) will be making ADRs. It would be helpful to know when the parties are before doing that.

ETA: Disney cast members seem to be some of the most clueless people around when it comes to knowing about...DISNEY. LOL.

Shoot, by May and June, people going in November and December (when the parties take place) will be making ADRs. It would be helpful to know when the parties are before doing that.

ETA: Disney cast members seem to be some of the most clueless people around when it comes to knowing about...DISNEY. LOL.

They just released October park hours, which normally give a clue to the dates, but those with last week of September trips/ADR dates are making ADRs this week so they are making them without the Halloween party schedule. Hopefully they'll be announced before Nov/Dec trips though for planning purposes!

Exactly. I was totally new to all of this last year- and after a brief hurricane-season stay at POR I feel a little more seasoned, but I am still overwhelmed and confused by the way this is all organized. I can only travel very specific dates in December, so planning ahead is fine- but with Disney you need so many components to plan ahead effectively, and my experience thus far is that they are in no way released in a manner conducive to planning ahead effectively. I have learned so much reading around online but there have been many changes over the years, creating a struggle to be sure if I am getting the most recent/accurate information. Customer service/Cast Members are a mixed bag too. I have the most positive exchanges when booking something over the phone, but when it comes to anything else you get four answers asking four people. I guess I always assumed (I know, I know) that a company of Disney's size would be a master at all of this. They run customer service seminars for goodness sake! So strange. My plan is to just roll with the punches as best I can and book lots of things (ADR's, Room Only Reservations), canceling as necessary. Then, wait to add things like dining and tickets until everything else has been settled. Hopefully that falls before the FastPass booking window opens. Seems inefficient, but it's the only recourse!

Last night during booking I was told that the parks were the not as crowded as one would think the week before Christmas, but that the MVMCP were the most crowded the week before Christmas. Same person, same conversation. I just have a take it as it comes attitude now, and feel better about it now that I have some sense of what I am dealing with. I should add that I don't think this is the Cast Member's oversight in any instance, rather it falls to the dissemination of information and how they are told to deliver it.

We arrive Fri Dec 22nd and first day in the parks will be the 23rd. I assume all party days will be over by then? If so, I'll buy an extra "normal" day to spend in the parks.

Should be on the Thursday, Nov 30th party For my Birthday (Nov 30th. I would love to do the party on my actual Birthday if all dates are correct when they come out.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter