"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2017 - Believe in the Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does the Christmas party run until 12am?

Also, are you able to sit on main street even after the party has finished for half an hour or so to let the crowds die down or will they usher everyone towards the exit when the party finishes?

Yes it runs until 12am. You won't be rushed out, you will be able to linger for a little.

Does the Christmas party run until 12am?

Also, are you able to sit on main street even after the party has finished for half an hour or so to let the crowds die down or will they usher everyone towards the exit when the party finishes?
Last time we left Magic Kingdom around 1:15am and there were a few people still behind us. No one rushed us and we're able to take some amazing pictures of the castle.

Why was BTMRR not open during the party last year?

Anyone know if Pluto typically meets during the party?

Why was BTMRR not open during the party last year?

Anyone know if Pluto typically meets during the party?
BTMRR was down for refurb during the first few weeks of parties last year, so it may not be listed on a map or open attractions if you are looking at something from early November. Once it reopened, it was also running during the parties.

Can someone give me a rough idea on what to expect as far as wait times are concerned for characters?

I already anticipate that Sandy Claws will be a lengthy wait, so we are lining up for him as soon as possible. We also want to see Nick & Judy and I am interested in seeing the Princesses with their Princes. I know DH will probably be interested in seen Scrooge and them as well.

Thank you, I am just trying to figure out how to plan everything!

Can someone give me a rough idea on what to expect as far as wait times are concerned for characters?

I already anticipate that Sandy Claws will be a lengthy wait, so we are lining up for him as soon as possible. We also want to see Nick & Judy and I am interested in seeing the Princesses with their Princes. I know DH will probably be interested in seen Scrooge and them as well.

All of those characters will have lengthy waits. Of those listed, only Nick & Judy came out early last year, so you'll want to start there. Plan to be in line by 5 if they continue to start meeting at 6:15. Then pick the next most important and line up by 6:30. The princess/prince line will likely just have formed around 6:15, so that would be my pick. You should be able to meet them by 7:30. At that time, both Sandy Claws and Scrooge will have long waits, so I'd plan to do one during a parade and the other at the end of the night. This won't leave you much time for much else, though, but it's doable.

ETA: If Sandy Claws is your priority and you plan to line up for him first, we met Nick and Judy right after the fireworks last year with only about a 30-40 minute wait.

All of those characters will have lengthy waits. Of those listed, only Nick & Judy came out early last year, so you'll want to start there. Plan to be in line by 5 if they continue to start meeting at 6:15. Then pick the next most important and line up by 6:30. The princess/prince line will likely just have formed around 6:15, so that would be my pick. You should be able to meet them by 7:30. At that time, both Sandy Claws and Scrooge will have long waits, so I'd plan to do one during a parade and the other at the end of the night. This won't leave you much time for much else, though, but it's doable.

ETA: If Sandy Claws is your priority and you plan to line up for him first, we met Nick and Judy right after the fireworks last year with only about a 30-40 minute wait.

This is doable, I met all these characters save Nick and Judy during one party in years past. Once reports from the first few parties start to trickle in, come back here and we'll help you make a plan.

Am I in the minority here thinking I don't want to spend my time, with 2 kids (8 & 6), waiting in a long line to meet a character? I understand these are extremely rare character meet & greets, but I know my kids would not want to do that! Does anyone go to the party and NOT do character meet & greets?

Am I in the minority here thinking I don't want to spend my time, with 2 kids (8 & 6), waiting in a long line to meet a character? I understand these are extremely rare character meet & greets, but I know my kids would not want to do that! Does anyone go to the party and NOT do character meet & greets?
Oh goodness, yes, many people do! Personally, my family goes to WDW several times a year, so we like enjoying the exclusive offerings when we are there during the holidays. But it's definitely not everyone's preference!

I don't think you are in the minority. Our situation is different since it's just my wife and I but we definitely don't plan to spend all that money to wait on long lines for characters. We plan to attend the parties for the atmosphere, shows, snacks, fireworks and shorter lines on rides.

I'm right there with you. My kids LOVE meeting characters, and there are some at MVMCP I know they would love, but they could never wait 45+ minutes in line so I'm not even going to try it. I'm not even going to tell my DD about some of the characters present that night to avoid any hurt feeling. I think the rides, shows, snacks, etc. will be plenty!!

We will be going in December and do not plan to do meet and greets. It seems like there is so much in terms of entertainment that we'd personally rather see. This will be our first Christmas party. Hoping to get a few rides in too!

Thanks! Last year at MNSSHP we met Jack and Sally after the fireworks and only had to wait because they went on break. Truthfully, I could skip Scrooge and the Princesses and still be happy, so long as we meet Nick and Judy and Sandy Claws. Those are definitely the priorities.

:wave:

Me! Give me a ride anytime over a character! I think that's one of the great things the party offers- rare characters so people into characters love the opportunity to meet them and people not into characters get to do more of what they love- ride rides! Win-Win!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter