OFFICIAL NOVEMBER 2010 THREAD - Let the countdown begin!

two*little*birds

DIS Veteran
I didn't see a thread posted for November 2010, so I thought I'd start one.

Feel free to post your dates here, or any other details about your upcoming trip!

Only plans right now is 4 "adults" (well 3 late 20 something and an early 30 something) going November 10-16th.

Beyond that nothing... not sure about hotel, food, flights, cost. Just know we got 2 birthdays while there and a first timer going.

Oh also this will be my first time planning a WDW trip :scared:

I'm in!! Just booked a stay at the Swan for Nov 5-8, 2010. Only 3 nights, but it will be an "adults only" long weekend for my husband and I.

We will fly down on Friday evening, probably spend Saturday and Sunday at Epcot, not sure what we'll do on Mon., and fly home Monday evening. It should be the last weekend of the Food and Wine Festival, which I've always wanted to attend, but have never had a chance. We love Epcot, and have 10-day, no expiration tickets. All we will need to arrange are the flights and a rental car!!

Really looking forward to our romantic weekend!!

Sooo excited! Can't wait to start some serious planning.

I just took a glance at the UG's crowd calendar predictions from last Thanksgiving week and compared them to Thanksgiving week for this year. Trying to see if there are any similarities between the two. I did notice that the crowd predictions seem to be higher this year than last. Hmmm....:confused3

Anyhoo....we can't wait for Thanksgiving week 2010! :goodvibes

I thought I was the only person crazy enough to start planning for November 2010 :lmao:

Our 10th anniversary & son's 7th birthday!!!

Our dates aren't set in stone quite yet. This is the earliest week we would go. We've always gone during Halloween week, but we want to give the Christmas season a try. If we are able to get it, we might move our week to December 3-12.

This will also be my first time planning the trip, as my FIL has handed over the reins to me this year. I'm excited and nervous at the same time! I will definitely be relying on the DIS to get me through it!

I'm so ready to go but will have to settle for making plans right now. How soon does everyone start their actual day-to-day planning?

We'll be there Nov. 21-28. Hopefully the crowds will be tolerable, but I think with a good plan, it's all doable!

Taking my 2 princesses and heading down November 26, 2010 and staying for 2 weeks! Can't wait...less than a year away!

Nov 27th thru Dec 5th staying at Pop Century!!!! I love this time of year!:santa:

We're going the 3rd week...not exact on dates right now, but it looks like 11/14 - 11/20!

This will be our first trip with our DS. He will be 22 mo! We can't wait! Oh, and it will be our first as DVC owners. We're not sure if we're going to stay at our "home" resort because my parents will be coming as well and they are bigger fans of BWV and BCV...so we shall see what they want to do :)

Count us IN.
Presently booked at WL from a BB offer from last week.
Going the week BEFORE Thanksgiving.
:cool1: CAN'T WAIT.

Booked WAY back on the 17th June, for 2 weeks of magic :wizard: :

22nd Nov - 6th Dec

Staying at Cypress Pointe in Lake Buena Vista

DH (me, 36), DW (36), DD (5), DD (3)

Flying Alicante to Gatwick, staying in the Hilton South Terminal, then Virgin.

We went in May this year and couldn't wait any longer to rebook.

Anyone else already planned their itinerary/schedule/dining reservations and when you can make them?!

:cheer2::banana::cheer2:

Reservations made for WL-our favorite resort at Christmas!

I'll admit I already have a tentative plan for when I'm going to MVMCP, Candlelight Processional and the parks (based on this years schedule). And I know what restaurants we want ressies for. (My date to make ressies is May 31st)
I'm not OCD (not much!!) just Happy to be planning!!!!!

Looking forward to reading about everyone's plans.......

Staying at All Star Movies.
Going with my dance school. First trip for DH and I without kids!

Have stayed at all star sports in 2001, Pop in 2008.
Really looking forward to it even though it is a short trip!

:banana: YAY! an official November 2010 thread...I'm in too!

We are going down for 2 of my girls' birthdays and staying on for Thanksgiving and as another poster said this will be our first trip "home" to BLT :cool1: (our first night though for points reasons will most likely be at POP)

I get to make our ressie this coming Sunday 12-20...a very nice pre-Christmas present.

I'm so ready to go but will have to settle for making plans right now. How soon does everyone start their actual day-to-day planning?

We can't wait! Oh, and it will be our first as DVC owners. :)

Anyone else already planned their itinerary/schedule/dining reservations and when you can make them?!

I'll admit I already have a tentative plan for when I'm going to MVMCP, Candlelight Processional and the parks (based on this years schedule). And I know what restaurants we want ressies for. (My date to make ressies is May 31st)
I'm not OCD (not much!!) just Happy to be planning!!!!!

Looking forward to reading about everyone's plans.......

I have made a tenative list of ADR's too....started pretty much right after we got back from our March trip of 09, sorta mapping it out to help decide on which DDP or no DDP....(goin w/ reg DDP) I know my first ADR window is 5-23-10 not quite share how the 1 night ressie and then the 8 night ressie thing works yet....:confused:

But the park hours/entertainment schedule is suppose to be up 180 days out as well since we our traveling end of November I'm thinking beginning of May to finalize up my days...I will most likely make some tenative plan A and B until the entertainment schedule comes out...but this trip we are doing Hoppers so I'm not overally concerned. I do know the 20th is MK regardless of crowds cause that is the 1st of two birthdays we are celebrating and I hope to make ADR's at BBB in the morning and CRT for lunch...

I too looked at the 09 crowd calendar and the park hours/entertainment schedule to get a feel for it.

My somewhat early plan is:

Fri 11-19 arrival no park
Sat 11-20 MK (BBB, CRT, Wishes at BLT)
Sun 11-21 AK (pre-park bfast)
Mon 11-22 ?? and (ph to MK for Spectro and Wishes)
Tues 11-23 DHS (other b-day, CM or 1900 PF bfast)
Wed 11-24 Epcot (HDDR)
Thurs 11-25 Turkey day (no park ?, resort day and Marketplace shopping)
Fri 11-26 MK (ph to DHS for Osborne lights)
Sat 11-27 Epcot (santas and candlelight processional)
Sun 11-28 departure day (no park)

love to squeeze in MVMCP...but not sure how that would work...think it won't be "on" our week :confused:

Looking forward to seeing what plans other November trippers make popcorn::

Scrappie

We will be heading over to Fort Wilderness Cabins November 29th, 2010 through December 7th, 2010. We are really excited!! It will be my two little boys, my husband, and I staying for 8 nights.

Can anyone tell me how the MVMCP works? Are the dates out for it yet? Does it cost extra? How do you buy tickets if you need to and what is included?

This will be our first Christmas season at WDW, so we really are newbies at it. So any help you all want to give would be awesome!

Where can I find this crowd calendar?
Planning a 11/14 - 20 stay.

there are two ways....

1) check out Tour Guide Mike's website...you will need to join this member acess site...but the information is great for new planners or if you haven't been awile and his crowd calendars are very helpful :thumbsup2

2) checkout the Unofficial guide's website touringplans.com you will need to join or if you have the current 09 book you can use that to access this member portion of the site as well. I love the touring plan ideas and area to create your own printable touring plan :thumbsup2

Can anyone tell me how the MVMCP works? Are the dates out for it yet? Does it cost extra? How do you buy tickets if you need to and what is included?

This will be our first Christmas season at WDW, so we really are newbies at it. So any help you all want to give would be awesome!

It's my first time going over a major Holiday and down there during the pre-Christmas season too...:santa:

the 2010 dates are NOT out yet, but access the non forum part of this web site and you an look up 09 dates and prices to get a feel for how it may correlate w/ your 2010 dates and a feel for the price. It is a seperate ticket cost and entry vs the normal park pass.

don't qoute me on this part...but can't remember if you need a regular park pass in addition to the party ticket if you are only going to MK at the party time...

but I do know you can arrive about 3 hrs before the official start time which is 7 pm so arrive at 4 pm and the only people that can stay in the park for the party are people w/ tickets.

Happy planning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter