***Official November 2014 thread***

:welcome:

I've added you to the list :wave2:

Is this the first time you'll be seing the Christmas stuff? I love WDW at Christmas. My favorite is seeing the Castle being lit up in MK, so that is a must do. The Osborne lights in HS is very awesome as well. I've heard that some of the Disney resorts are very nicely decorated as well. One of them has a giant gingerbread house, but I can't remember which one.

Is this the first time you'll be seing the Christmas stuff? I love WDW at Christmas. My favorite is seeing the Castle being lit up in MK, so that is a must do. The Osborne lights in HS is very awesome as well. I've heard that some of the Disney resorts are very nicely decorated as well. One of them has a giant gingerbread house, but I can't remember which one.

Thanks! :thumbsup2 Yes, this will be our first time at Disney during the holiday season. Our first trip was last March (2012) which we really enjoyed. Do you know how the crowds and weather are during November? My family loves Christmas and are looking forward to the decorations and the magic. :wizard:

Hello everyone, my family and I are coming to WDW November 16 - 22, 2014 and will be staying at POR. We had originally wanted to go in March 2014, but plans changed. SO, now I am looking forward to seeing Christmas decorations at Disney and being able to go to MVMCP. We have only been to Disney once (March '12) and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Any magical suggestions for November that may be helpful in my planning? :idea: Thanks in advance for any ideas. :thumbsup2

Welcome! We'll be around for most of your dates (November 11-22) and staying at POFQ.

I'm also looking forward to our first time at Disney with the Christmas decoration up. The pictures I've seen are breathtaking.

Since I've never been, the only tips I can give are the stuff I wanna do myself:

- Osborne Lights

- Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party

- Hopefully the resorts will have their trees ready so I can see them.

- AK has some BEAUTIFUL themed Christmas trees that I really want to see

- Characters in their holiday outfits

A good thing about this particular time of November is that the parks are very manageable crowd wise. Looking at easyWDW predictions for this year, those two weeks are mostly 4 and 5. Weatherwise November is very warm, the average is 74F.

Oh I was just about to ask about temperatures as I'd forgotten what it's like in November. Was a bit worried about if it was warm enough for beach days and going to Discovery Cove etc. But if it's around 74F that should be warm enough :cool1:

The dates for this year's MHSSCP are out and I was wondering if they have a halloween party every November 1st or it's just because it's a Saturday (huge local outcome). If they do I'll definitely spring for some tickets. We arrive on the 31st and that would give me a little Disney fix while we are at Universal.

Also, does anyone know if Scrooge McDuck is a feature in every MVMCP? That would help me decide if I should go to an earlier party or wait till our very last days.

We are currently planning a November 2014 trip. We are booked on the Dream, sailing the 9th though the 13th. Hoping to head to Disney on the 5th, and stay there before and after the cruise. My DH and I haven't been since the 80's, and my dd will turn 9 on the 8th. Happy to have found this group! The dis was super helpful when we went to DL two years ago!

We are currently planning a November 2014 trip. We are booked on the Dream, sailing the 9th though the 13th. Hoping to head to Disney on the 5th, and stay there before and after the cruise. My DH and I haven't been since the 80's, and my dd will turn 9 on the 8th. Happy to have found this group! The dis was super helpful when we went to DL two years ago!

:welcome: I've added your cruise to the list :) Let us know if there's any changes and I'll update it.

I want to try DCL sometime, but I don't know when and if that'll happen. I've been on a Bahamas cruise with Royal Caribbean and I loved it.

Thank you! The cruise is a lot of fun! I'm looking forward to learning about the World from you guys! We're thinking of staying at Shades of Green before, and one of the Port Orleans resorts after.

I'd recommend POFQ, but I might be a bit biased :goodvibes It's a lovely resort though, nice and small. That's why we're going backn::yes::

I'd recommend POFQ, but I might be a bit biased :goodvibes It's a lovely resort though, nice and small. That's why we're going backn::yes::
POFQ will always be my home resort, I haven't even tried any other but I fell so much in love with that resort on my last stay that I never want to stay anywhere else. The room was perfect size for two people, the size of the hotel was perfect, food was good and with the exception of the AK bus, busses were plenty and never more than 10 minutes apart.

Staying at POR in a Royal Guest Room Nov 6-12!!!! Making our ADR's Friday morning, I am so excited!

Count me in! I'll be there November 29th through December 5th. This will be my first time seeing the Christmas Decorations at Disney so I'm very excited!

OMG you can tell I was tired when I replied to this thread! I thought it was 2013!!!!! So Sorry but almost positive I'll be there Nov 2014, just don't have the dates just yet! LOL :lmao:

Hehe, I was wondering how you were able to get your ADRs so early :lmao:

I think I am going to join this thread. :) We have tentatively planned on going in October of 2014, but now we are looking more into the first week or so of November. I don't have dates yet, and it may change, but at this point November seems more likely. We will probably be staying off property this time, too, so I can't tell you for sure there, either! :) The life of a grad student's wife! :) We have to wait to see what blocks he will get off in the 4th year. But for now, I am here to plan!

June is around the corner, maybe disney will release the package prices earlier this year? I really want to make my down payment and have that 'yes, it's really happening' feeling.

Does Disney offer any kind of discounts in November? Free dinning or RO discounts?

Count me in! We are planning on going November 8th to November 17th in 2014 :) We are so excited!

Sorry! Forgot to mention where we want to stay! We are shooting for either Port Orleans resorts. ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter