• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

***Official November 2016 Thread***

Having the hardest time getting a 1900 PF ADR for the end of Nov...is it even possible at this point, or should I stop looking daily...ugh!

Having the hardest time getting a 1900 PF ADR for the end of Nov...is it even possible at this point, or should I stop looking daily...ugh!

No never stop check every day several times a day if you can. Also check the cancellation thread for November when it gets closer http://www.disboards.com/threads/november-cancelled-adr-thread-read-1st-post.3510083/. The last month especially leading up to your trip check often as people will cancel as they finalize their plans.

No never stop check every day several times a day if you can. Also check the cancellation thread for November when it gets closer http://www.disboards.com/threads/november-cancelled-adr-thread-read-1st-post.3510083/. The last month especially leading up to your trip check often as people will cancel as they finalize their plans.
I plan on keeping up with it...it just gets draining sometimes...however, checking daily paid off for us today, southwest opened up their wanna get away fares for the Monday after Thanksgiving finally and we now all have flights home! Cannot complain about nonstop flights from Milwaukee to Orlando and back for $340 dollars per person! Woo!! Happy Thursday indeed!

I plan on keeping up with it...it just gets draining sometimes...however, checking daily paid off for us today, southwest opened up their wanna get away fares for the Monday after Thanksgiving finally and we now all have flights home! Cannot complain about nonstop flights from Milwaukee to Orlando and back for $340 dollars per person! Woo!! Happy Thursday indeed!

That's great :woohoo:

Last edited:
Hello all :)

We'll be heading to WDW on November 7th - 11th. Celebrating DD's 3rd birthday on the 10th. This is our first trip to Disney. Excited and trying to learn all I can from these boards before we leave. We'll also have my 8 month old son. We'll be staying at AoA family suite. Hoping for the Lion King as my daughter is infatuated with the Lion Guard.

How are the crowds at this time of year? would the MVMCP be worth it at this age?

This is What is called Jersey Week as Jersey schools are closed Thursday and Friday of that week (10th/11th). Crowds won't be horrible, but will be increased from a normal level for this time of year. If I were to put a number on it, I would say a 7 with normal at a 5 leading up to Thanksgiving.

Hello all :)

We'll be heading to WDW on November 7th - 11th. Celebrating DD's 3rd birthday on the 10th. This is our first trip to Disney. Excited and trying to learn all I can from these boards before we leave. We'll also have my 8 month old son. We'll be staying at AoA family suite. Hoping for the Lion King as my daughter is infatuated with the Lion Guard.

How are the crowds at this time of year? would the MVMCP be worth it at this age?
Hello there! First trips to Disney are so exciting :goodvibes Your week isn't going to be crazy busy like a big holiday week, but it is going to be somewhat busy. Besides Jersey week the Food & Wine Festival will still be going on. The marathon is the 5th and 6th so you're missing that, but you may have people who came for it still there. You can check out a crowd calendar If you'd like, my favorite is Josh's at easywdw. He has your days anywhere from a 4 to a 7 which is pretty good! Kenny the Pirate also has a crowd calendar and he has your days as "busy", which isn't as bad as being "very busy" lol.
As for MVMCP: the first time we did a party my boys were 5 and 2. We didn't quite stay until midnight; younger DS slept through most of it but older DS stayed awake the whole time and enjoyed all the shows and the parade. If you think your DD will stay awake for the majority of the party hours (7-12) then it'll most likely be worth it, but if you think she'd only make it for the first couple hours, you may want to skip it :)

I was hoping someone could help with my ADR's and when we should go to the ADR.

Nov 7th: 4:15 Cinderellas Happily Eve rafter
8th: 1:35 Akershus (We'll be in Epcot that day)
9th: 2:15 CRT (We'll be at MK)
11th: 10:20 Chef Mickey's
Hello again :wave2: So, are you asking how soon before each ADR you should start making your way to the restaurant? I'll answer that way and if I'm wrong, I'm sorry, just correct me and I'll try giving you the answer your looking for.
For Akershus and CRT you'll already be in the park with the restaurant, so shortly before your ADR time just make your way over. They like you to check in about 15 minutes early; you don't HAVE to, if you're in the middle of doing something and you don't arrive until your exact time you'll still be fine. Just keep in mind at both those places you take a picture with a princess first so if you're really hungry you may definitely want to get there early.
As for the other two it really depends where you're coming from. For Chef Mickey, are you coming from AoA or will you be in a park? How about prior to your 1900 Park Fare meal? It takes a bit longer to get from resort to resort for meals.

Changed some ADR times around today...we all decided that we would rather have later dinners so that we didn't need to rush our afternoons. As it stands...
Tuesday Nov 22-we arrive late, Disney Springs for drinks and apps at The Boathouse and Jock Lindsay's Hangar Bar
Wednesday Nov 23-dinner at CP-haven't been able to change this one yet...but we are striving for dinner at 1900 Park Fare in the evening
Thursday Nov 24-dinner at CMC @ 8pm-this works well since Epcot seems to close at 9pm that night so we might do a small monorail crawl after dinner
Friday Nov 25-dinner at Narcoossee's @ 8:55pm-we changed this to make it later so that we could enjoy being out at the parks, but have ample time to head back to our villa to freshen up and change into more appropriate dinner clothes
Saturday Nov 26-dinner at Olivia's Cafe @ 6:40pm-not sure if we will change this...we are spending this day at Cocoa Beach and at the resort so it will probably stay as is.
Sunday Nov 27-dinner at 'Ohana @ 5:40pm-I would like to get a later dinner, however this is also our last day and we are just planning to hop around park to park and with an early flight Monday morning, we may want to just have a relaxing evening after dinner...so again, this might stay as is.

Changed our travel dates, so I have a few ADR's to cancel. Willing to coordinate if you want! Some of these look like duplicates, but we had to split our big party, so a few are actually separate reservations for smaller parties. The first 2....well...I ended up double booking without realizing it.

Tuesday, Nov 29 bfast @ 7:45am....OHANA (9 people)

Tuesday, Nov 29 bfast @ 9:20am...BOG (9 people)

Tuesday, Nov 29 dinner @ 4:05pm...1900 PARK FARE (4 people)

Tuesday, Nov 29 dinner @ 4:10pm...1900 PARK FARE (5 people)

Wednesday, Nov 30 bfast @ 8:30am...HOLLYWOOD & VINE (9 people)

Wednesday, Nov 30 dinner @ 7:30pm...1900 PARK FARE (3 people)

Wednesday, Nov 30 dinner @ 7:35pm...1900 PARK FARE (4 people)

No never stop check every day several times a day if you can.

Definitely keep checking I was desperate for a BOG reservation on a certain day, waited for my Window and the darn system was broke so missed my opportunity. I did manage to get a later booking on a day I didn't want but I really wanted to go and was willing to begrudgingly change my plans.

I then checked nearly every day and last week, so near 40 day from my original window, got the booking day and nearly dead on for the time I wanted

Which has made me even more excited because, it feels like a bit more of a plus that my checking all paid off.

Also have a question, well a few, I know they've probably been asked before but there is a lot of posts to go through lol..

Right SW fireworks :darth::chewy:

A) do we think they will still be showing them in Nov? know there are no times posted but they are releasing these very slowly

B) If yes to A, will still be doing the dessert parties

C) If they are still doing the parties, how far in advance will they release the bookings?

Definitely keep checking I was desperate for a BOG reservation on a certain day, waited for my Window and the darn system was broke so missed my opportunity. I did manage to get a later booking on a day I didn't want but I really wanted to go and was willing to begrudgingly change my plans.

I then checked nearly every day and last week, so near 40 day from my original window, got the booking day and nearly dead on for the time I wanted

Which has made me even more excited because, it feels like a bit more of a plus that my checking all paid off.

Congrats :thumbsup2

It does pay off :cool1:

Also have a question, well a few, I know they've probably been asked before but there is a lot of posts to go through lol..

Right SW fireworks :darth::chewy:

A) do we think they will still be showing them in Nov? know there are no times posted but they are releasing these very slowly

B) If yes to A, will still be doing the dessert parties

C) If they are still doing the parties, how far in advance will they release the bookings?

All very good questions! Which we still don't know. Lol. I am just assuming they will continue at this point....they need something to bring people in to HAs right now. Wish they would hurry up and put it on the calendar!

All very good questions! Which we still don't know. Lol. I am just assuming they will continue at this point....they need something to bring people in to HAs right now. Wish they would hurry up and put it on the calendar!

Thought that was probably the case, although a bit annoying as it's making me stressed about my holiday planning. Just hope the info is out before the FP window as I don't want to have to re-arrange too much :crazy2:

Just had a horrid though what if the do extend and the only night I can get the dessert is my Prize BOG booking night :scared1: - okay official hyperventilating, someone please bring me a bag - I'm going for a lie down lol :crazy::rotfl2:

Thought that was probably the case, although a bit annoying as it's making me stressed about my holiday planning. Just hope the info is out before the FP window as I don't want to have to re-arrange too much :crazy2:

Just had a horrid though what if the do extend and the only night I can get the dessert is my Prize BOG booking night :scared1: - okay official hyperventilating, someone please bring me a bag - I'm going for a lie down lol :crazy::rotfl2:

Yes, they can let us know any time now . . . .

Hello there! First trips to Disney are so exciting :goodvibes Your week isn't going to be crazy busy like a big holiday week, but it is going to be somewhat busy. Besides Jersey week the Food & Wine Festival will still be going on. The marathon is the 5th and 6th so you're missing that, but you may have people who came for it still there. You can check out a crowd calendar If you'd like, my favorite is Josh's at easywdw. He has your days anywhere from a 4 to a 7 which is pretty good! Kenny the Pirate also has a crowd calendar and he has your days as "busy", which isn't as bad as being "very busy" lol.
As for MVMCP: the first time we did a party my boys were 5 and 2. We didn't quite stay until midnight; younger DS slept through most of it but older DS stayed awake the whole time and enjoyed all the shows and the parade. If you think your DD will stay awake for the majority of the party hours (7-12) then it'll most likely be worth it, but if you think she'd only make it for the first couple hours, you may want to skip it :)
Hey hun thank you for all of your help!

The other two dinners will be resort to resort. You answered my question perfectly though. I was seeing others giving an hour and a half for reservations and I was wondering if we really needed to spend an hour waiting for our reservations.

Also dressing up for CRT? Yay or nay? I bought DD a beautiful blue satin dress with a lace overlay complete with a gorgeous tiara I found very cheap on Amazon.. I think I have issues lol but I want it to feel magical.

I'm okay with it being semi busy as it's expected. We'll be at the parks Tues, Wed and Thursday. I will check out the crowd calendars. Thank you so much!

Hey hun thank you for all of your help!

The other two dinners will be resort to resort. You answered my question perfectly though. I was seeing others giving an hour and a half for reservations and I was wondering if we really needed to spend an hour waiting for our reservations.

Also dressing up for CRT? Yay or nay? I bought DD a beautiful blue satin dress with a lace overlay complete with a gorgeous tiara I found very cheap on Amazon.. I think I have issues lol but I want it to feel magical.

I'm okay with it being semi busy as it's expected. We'll be at the parks Tues, Wed and Thursday. I will check out the crowd calendars. Thank you so much!
Having your daughter dress up for CRT is a great idea! It's not a necessity but plenty of girls do :) The rest of the family doesn't have to; the majority of people (other than the fancy little girls) will be in their park clothes but if you all want to dress up, go right ahead! When we did breakfast there DH and our 2 DS's wore regular shorts/shirts, but I did wear my Alice dress :goodvibes

When you see people saying 90 minutes for an ADR, they're talking about travel time to get there, which is the general rule of thumb except when you're already in a park and going to a restaurant in the same park, and a couple other exceptions. Usually 90 minutes is way more than is needed but then there are the instances when it's necessary. For instance, for your breakfast at Chef Mickey's you'll have to take a bus to MK from AoA and then either monorail or walk to the Contemporary, so you have to allow time for the bus ride plus some. Your other option would be taking a cab; it isn't too expensive and would be quicker, not that the first way is overly time-consuming. It would be similar for 1900 PF: if you're coming from AoA you'd bus to MK and then monorail to GF or take the boat. The reason people say to give yourself 90 minutes is in case a bus doesn't come quick, the monorail is delayed for some reason, etc.

Having your daughter dress up for CRT is a great idea! It's not a necessity but plenty of girls do :) The rest of the family doesn't have to; the majority of people (other than the fancy little girls) will be in their park clothes but if you all want to dress up, go right ahead! When we did breakfast there DH and our 2 DS's wore regular shorts/shirts, but I did wear my Alice dress :goodvibes

When you see people saying 90 minutes for an ADR, they're talking about travel time to get there, which is the general rule of thumb except when you're already in a park and going to a restaurant in the same park, and a couple other exceptions. Usually 90 minutes is way more than is needed but then there are the instances when it's necessary. For instance, for your breakfast at Chef Mickey's you'll have to take a bus to MK from AoA and then either monorail or walk to the Contemporary, so you have to allow time for the bus ride plus some. Your other option would be taking a cab; it isn't too expensive and would be quicker, not that the first way is overly time-consuming. It would be similar for 1900 PF: if you're coming from AoA you'd bus to MK and then monorail to GF or take the boat. The reason people say to give yourself 90 minutes is in case a bus doesn't come quick, the monorail is delayed for some reason, etc.
You're a wealth of knowledge! Thank you so much for explaining all of that to me. I will be sure to allot for 90 minutes. We'll likely do the Monorail as I think DD will love it. Monday the first day we're there it'll be a great 'intro' to Disney for her. With both the Dinner itself and going on the Monorail. I'm so excited to see the magic in her eyes.

Will some Christmas decorations be up by that time? For me it's like excitement overload as I'm one of those annoying people who LOVES Christmas time. I've been known to decorate way to early ;). Disney + Christmas is like a supreme experience wrapped into one place :)

You're a wealth of knowledge! Thank you so much for explaining all of that to me. I will be sure to allot for 90 minutes. We'll likely do the Monorail as I think DD will love it. Monday the first day we're there it'll be a great 'intro' to Disney for her. With both the Dinner itself and going on the Monorail. I'm so excited to see the magic in her eyes.

Will some Christmas decorations be up by that time? For me it's like excitement overload as I'm one of those annoying people who LOVES Christmas time. I've been known to decorate way to early ;). Disney + Christmas is like a supreme experience wrapped into one place :)
Yes you'll get some Christmas decorations! :santa: They begin decorating the parks to a degree right after the last Halloween party and prior to the first Christmas party. I'm not sure when the first MVMCP is this year but it's usually around 11/7. Epcot actually won't be as decorated as the other 3 since they wait until after Food and Wine.
The deluxe resorts won't be fully decorated although I believe they begin around that time too; they do a lottery system so each year they're decorated in a random order. I'm not sure how early the mods/values put up their Christmas décor. I can't remember from our early Nov. trip in 2007 and our Nov. trips since have been later in the month when it's all done :) There are a number of folks on this thread who've travelled in Nov. before so they may have more info. on those resorts being decorated than I do!
The only thing that definitely won't be happening are the Candlelight Processional and the Holiday Storytellers, both in Epcot, which don't start until Black Friday.
As much as I love the fall, seeing everything decorated for Christmas is truly beautiful!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter