***Official November 2016 Thread***

I just switched our resort and added another day for our November trip. Since we are staying at the BC in March DD really wanted to stay at the AKL. We haven't been since she was little. We are now staying Nov 20-27 at the AKL with Free Dining :cool1:
Well we won't be at the same resort now but that's great about AKL :thumbsup2 Love it there! Are you in Jambo or Kidani?

Well we won't be at the same resort now but that's great about AKL :thumbsup2 Love it there! Are you in Jambo or Kidani?

We are at Jambo I kept stalking the free dining for fun and wanted to arrive earlier. DD is so excited to stay there. I'm hoping while we're there they will have BB rates for our dates in March.

We love Boma and I got an ADR for Jiko always wanted to try it.

We are at Jambo I kept stalking the free dining for fun and wanted to arrive earlier. DD is so excited to stay there. I'm hoping while we're there they will have BB rates for our dates in March.

We love Boma and I got an ADR for Jiko always wanted to try it.
We did Boma breakfast in January and loved it so much, I've been trying to fit it in for Nov. but so far I just can't make it work :( We keep talking about trying Jiko, one day we'll get there! We do love Sanaa.

I really enjoyed your Club Villain's review I wish they would bring it back.
Thanks so much! I hear they're holding auditions again for CV performers and people are questioning if maybe they're brining it back for the fall.... one can only hope, it was awesome all around!

I was really hoping Neil Patrick Harris was going to be the narrator for CP right after Thanksgiving...bummer, he doesn't begin until the 28th (day we leave). Would have been worth searching for a CP resservation, but now we will stick to what we have and maybe just hang out and listen outside the pavilion.

Question: if you had to choose between dinner at Crystal Palace, 1900 Park Fare, or Akershus...based on food, not characters at this point, which would you go for? Ive been trying to youtube videos of dinners at each restaurant, but they are mostly focused on the characters...although I would love to hang with the Princesses for dinner!

I realized I never reviewed CP or 1900 PF in my earlier post. ;)

From the two listed, 1900 is by far my family's favorite, but that's also taking into account the characters, which I know you didn't want. ;) The two stepsisters were the funniest things! They chattered on and on, the evil stepmother was firm and serious, Cinderella was gorgeous, and Prince Charming was....charming. :D Seriously, my "too cool" 14 yr old dd at the time was smitten-instantly! They took their time, posed for as many pics, etc. The steps flirted with my ds (who would've been 8 or so. He both loved it and was embarrassed at the same time!)

CP had good character interaction as well. I'm a little soured there though, bc the only character I wanted a picture with was Eeyore, :eeyore: and he left me high and dry to go do the parade. He came back, but went to the next table. :scared: Luckily, my dh said something to his handler and he did come back for a quick pic, but it felt rushed to me. Pooh gives the best hugs though! :D pooh:

Food at both was comparable. Nothing really knocked my socks off, but 1900 probably edged out CP by just a hair. Both kept the buffets nice and supplied. I do remember eating more from the kids buffet at CP than 1900, which means I must not have found too much variety for me at CP. (Loved that Mac n cheese and chicken nuggets from the kids buffet though. LOL) I remember CP had a bunch of salad-y kind of things: macaroni, pasta, etc. I'm not into that, so I went for the meat and Mac and cheese, LOL.

Atmosphere is very different between the two as well. 1900 does feel a bit more upscale, while cp felt very comfortable. We had a table tucked in the back for 1900, and it felt very crowded to me. CP we had a booth with 2 chairs if I remember correctly. It just seemed like we had more elbow room. Plus, the dining room at CP just seemed huge and airy.

Noise level seemed to be about the same at both too.

Akershus-other than the food-the atmosphere was ok. However, we were seated at an awkward table, and couldn't see the princesses when they first came out. It seemed very cramped and dark in there to me as well. We met almost all of the princesses before my son got sick, if I remember correctly. Character interaction was good there. Dh and ds were both smitten. LOL

That's probably more than you ever wanted to know.:o Keep in mind this was all two years ago and remembered through my fibro foggy brain as well. :p (And, of course, everyone has a different opinion/experience. I've read so many stories of people who loved Akershus that our experience just doesn't seem real, if that makes sense. )

We have plans to go back to 1900 PF this year, and I can't wait!

Last edited:
Has anyone heard anything about the possibility of a room-only discount for mid-late November? I'm guessing not, but I can't help wishing for pixie dust!

1900 PF is a must do for us every trip. The food isn't stellar, but it is good, and the character interaction is one of the best on property IMO. The step-sisters had lots of fun ribbing DS and asking him to propose to them. It was really funny! Crystal Palace has similar food in terms of type and quality, and if you like Winnie the Pooh, it might be a better bet. Akerhaus just isn't my type of food so I can't comment.

I'm glad to hear about 1900. We haven't been there but I have an ADR for the evening of our arrival and I was debating on keeping it but it sounds like fun.
I've only had breakfast at CP and wasn't that impressed - felt it was crowded but that could've been just where we were sitting. We didn't get to see Eyeore. Our ADR was for 8:30 as my main thing was the pre-opening pictures that day but we didn't get sat until way after our time. We saw the first 3 but then was told it would be about 1/2 before he made it to our table and we were already done eating and ready to go at that point so we didn't wait around.
Akershus we liked but it's been 4 years since I've been there.

We did Boma breakfast in January and loved it so much, I've been trying to fit it in for Nov. but so far I just can't make it work :( We keep talking about trying Jiko, one day we'll get there! We do love Sanaa.

Thanks so much! I hear they're holding auditions again for CV performers and people are questioning if maybe they're brining it back for the fall.... one can only hope, it was awesome all around!

We love Boma too and I'm hoping Jiko will be good. I was looking at their menu and the filet looks good.
That's encouraging that they're holding auditions for CV. I'm anxiously awaiting for them to open dates for the SW dessert party.

From the two listed, 1900 is by far my family's favorite, but that's also taking into account the characters, which I know you didn't want. ;) The two stepsisters were the funniest things! They chattered on and on, the evil stepmother was firm and serious, Cinderella was gorgeous, and Prince Charming was....charming. :D Seriously, my "too cool" 14 yr old dd at the time was smitten-instantly! They took their time, posed for as many pics, etc. The steps flirted with my ds (who would've been 8 or so. He both loved it and was embarrassed at the same time!)

CP had good character interaction as well. I'm a little soured there though, bc the only character I wanted a picture with was Eeyore, :eeyore: and he left me high and dry to go do the parade. He came back, but went to the next table. :scared: Luckily, my dh said something to his handler and he did come back for a quick pic, but it felt rushed to me. Pooh gives the best hugs though! :D pooh:

Food at both was comparable. Nothing really knocked my socks off, but 1900 probably edged out CP by just a hair. Both kept the buffets nice and supplied. I do remember eating more from the kids buffet at CP than 1900, which means I must not have found too much variety for me at CP. (Loved that Mac n cheese and chicken nuggets from the kids buffet though. LOL) I remember CP had a bunch of salad-y kind of things: macaroni, pasta, etc. I'm not into that, so I went for the meat and Mac and cheese, LOL.

Atmosphere is very different between the two as well. 1900 does feel a bit more upscale, while cp felt very comfortable. We had a table tucked in the back for 1900, and it felt very crowded to me. CP we had a booth with 2 chairs if I remember correctly. It just seemed like we had more elbow room. Plus, the dining room at CP just seemed huge and airy.

Akershus-other than the food-the atmosphere was ok. However, we were seated at an awkward table, and couldn't see the princesses when they first came out. It seemed very cramped and dark in there to me as well. We met almost all of the princesses before my son got sick, if I remember correctly. Character interaction was good there. Dh and ds were both smitten. LOL

That's probably more than you ever wanted to know.:o Keep in mind this was all two years ago and remembered through my fibro foggy brain as well. :p (And, of course, everyone has a different opinion/experience. I've read so many stories of people who loved Akershus that our experience just doesn't seem real, if that makes sense. )

I love both also. Character interaction was great at both. I found food to be slightly better at 1900. The room is very generic though, low ceiling and no windows and doesn't fit it with Grand Floridian to me. Just like a standard reception room. The ambiance at CP was MUCH nicer, with high ceilings and lots of light during the day and we also had a window view of the castle once it got dark. I was only able to fit one in our schedule and ended up choosing CP over 1900, this time anyway.

We love Boma too and I'm hoping Jiko will be good. I was looking at their menu and the filet looks good.
That's encouraging that they're holding auditions for CV. I'm anxiously awaiting for them to open dates for the SW dessert party.
I'm considering book the SW dessert party too. We aren't SW fans but DH and I LOVED the SW fireworks in January. I know they're different now but all the reviews are great of the new ones as are the reviews of the dessert party (and we love our desserts lol!). We did the Wishes dessert party at MK a few years back and weren't impressed but the selection at the SW party looks ten times better.

Thank you! I wanted honest feedback on the food, before we talked about characters, plus it's more of a surprise for my brother's GF as I was told no Princesses...haha, you must be kidding, this is me you are talking to, and it's Disney! I like that the character interaction is really great at 1900 PF, so I'm hoping that she gets a kick out of it, plus my mom is a huge Cindy fan, so she is pretty excited. I was able to score a reservation this morning for our group of 6 for dinner, however it's on the same day that I wanted to have dinner at Narcoossee's...so we have a dilemma currently, I'm hoping that Narcoossee's opens up something on Wednesday night so I can cancel CP...

I'm considering book the SW dessert party too. We aren't SW fans but DH and I LOVED the SW fireworks in January. I know they're different now but all the reviews are great of the new ones as are the reviews of the dessert party (and we love our desserts lol!). We did the Wishes dessert party at MK a few years back and weren't impressed but the selection at the SW party looks ten times better.

We felt the same way about Wishes, the desserts were blah but our favorite part was having :tink: wave to us as she flew overhead.

I loved Jiko... the food was outstanding. And I loved Wishes Dessert Party, too. It was well worth the money. I'd love to go to the Star Wars one, but unfortunately I'm traveling with someone who's had weight-loss surgery, and she can't eat much at a time, especially sugary things. Alas.

I know most people have their Thanksgiving dining already set, but I was poking around on MDE tonight and there are ADR's available for Tusker House as late a 8:45pm. I just booked one to see if it would work, and it did. Disney still has Animal Kingdom hours listed as closing at 5pm. Just thought y'all should know, its at least a clue to AK being open to at least 9pm.

Last edited:
I know most people have their Thanksgiving dining already set, but I was poking around on MDE tonight and there are ADR's available for Tusker House as late a 8:45pm. I just booked one to see if it would work, and it did. Disney still has Animal Kingdom hours listed as closing at 5pm. Just thought y'all should know, its at least a clue to AK being open to at least 9pm.

Thanks! That got me excited that maybe they'd opened up later dinner reservations for other November dates--but no such luck yet! We have a 4:40pm ADR on our AK day, but I'd like to push it back some if and when they extend their evening hours!

Thanks! That got me excited that maybe they'd opened up later dinner reservations for other November dates--but no such luck yet! We have a 4:40pm ADR on our AK day, but I'd like to push it back some if and when they extend their evening hours!

I checked my other dates also, but nothing past 4:40pm.

I'm so excited I have to post this everywhere lol! This morning DH and I booked a quick adults-only trip for next month :thumbsup2 We're going 8/27-8/31, staying at WL for the first time which is a resort I've wanted to stay at for awhile now. So happy we get a quick trip to the World before our Thanksgiving stay

That's exciting happy for you and jealous at the same time ::yes::

I get to go to Florida in August too moving DD back into college ;)

Your trip will be much more fun enjoy :goodvibes

That's exciting happy for you and jealous at the same time ::yes::

I get to go to Florida in August too moving DD back into college ;)

Your trip will be much more fun enjoy :goodvibes
Thank you very much! And safe travels to you next month moving DD back in :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter