OFFICIAL NOVEMBER 2017 THREAD

So glad I found this thread! We are staying November 11-19 at the POP, our home away from home, every 3 years! Will be myself, wife, and daughters ages 16 and 17. We have not been to see Christmas time at WDW so are super excited to becoming down this year! We are celebrating several occasion's, our 20th wedding anniversary, early HS graduation, and our daughter's 3 year recovery from a brain bleed that happened right after our last trip to WDW June 2014.

See you at pop!

Would anyone happen to have an early BBB apt (before 12:00pm) on 11/15 in magic kingdom they're considering dropping? I'm looking to move up my current appointment so it's before my daughters CRT lunch at 1:05pm. Just figured I'd ask! I have a 2:25pm currently.

So glad I found this thread! We are staying November 11-19 at the POP, our home away from home, every 3 years! Will be myself, wife, and daughters ages 16 and 17. We have not been to see Christmas time at WDW so are super excited to becoming down this year! We are celebrating several occasion's, our 20th wedding anniversary, early HS graduation, and our daughter's 3 year recovery from a brain bleed that happened right after our last trip to WDW June 2014.

We will be at POP November 12-20, maybe we'll see you there! We'll be the ones without kids, as we are leaving the 17, 15, and 11 year olds at home. They don't even care! They're not really into Disney. Weirdos. LOL. I will also have a perma-grin on my face. Hehe.
I am going to get a we are celebrating buttons and write "23 years" on it as we celebrated our 23rd anniversary in June. I will also be 1 week past my 46th birthday.

Congrats on your anniversary, and I'm glad your daughter has recovered. Sounds like you have really been through it!

Anybody else started packing at all? I have a stack of stuff ready to go. A few tees I bought from Kohls for the trip and I want to keep them looking new. New sunglasses. I always scratch the crap out of sunglasses, so I am keeping these unworn until the trip. LOL. Earplugs as DH snores horribly. Bonine as I have issues with motion sickness. Glow sticks from last year's trip that didn't get used. It is only DH and I this time, but dang it, I'm using them, I don't care that I'm 46 years old!:tongue: Also, I have some candy as, well, I like candy, and it's pretty dang expensive in WDW. Chances are good I will eat it before the trip and have to replace it!:rolleyes1

Anybody else started packing at all? I have a stack of stuff ready to go. A few tees I bought from Kohls for the trip and I want to keep them looking new. New sunglasses. I always scratch the crap out of sunglasses, so I am keeping these unworn until the trip. LOL. Earplugs as DH snores horribly. Bonine as I have issues with motion sickness. Glow sticks from last year's trip that didn't get used. It is only DH and I this time, but dang it, I'm using them, I don't care that I'm 46 years old!:tongue: Also, I have some candy as, well, I like candy, and it's pretty dang expensive in WDW. Chances are good I will eat it before the trip and have to replace it!:rolleyes1

I have a bag with things I have been buying here and there. We also bought 2 new Disney hard side suitcases and are super excited about using them. I've gone through my shirts to make sure I have enough "park fashion" and replenished DDs stuff as she's had a growth spurt. :D

I have a bag with things I have been buying here and there. We also bought 2 new Disney hard side suitcases and are super excited about using them. I've gone through my shirts to make sure I have enough "park fashion" and replenished DDs stuff as she's had a growth spurt. :D
I'm glad other people are doing this! I've started putting together a bag of Disney stuff that "Mickey" :tiptoe: will mail to my 4-year-old daughter around the time Magic Bands arrive. It's this (click link) monogrammed Minnie bag full of clothes for the trip, pajamas, sequin ears, an autograph book, a Flynn Rider plush I had to scour eBay for, a princess thermos, backpack, etc. The trip is essentially her Christmas present, so I want to make it really special. I'm probably more excited about it than she will be. :rotfl:

I have a ton of glow sticks that we didn't use last trip too. so they are ready to go. I always end up wearing them when my kids take the off so you won't be the only adult sporting glow jewelry. We bought some shirts for the kids that we are saving for Disney but that's it so far.

I'm glad other people are doing this! I've started putting together a bag of Disney stuff that "Mickey" :tiptoe: will mail to my 4-year-old daughter around the time Magic Bands arrive. It's this (click link) monogrammed Minnie bag full of clothes for the trip, pajamas, sequin ears, an autograph book, a Flynn Rider plush I had to scour eBay for, a princess thermos, backpack, etc. The trip is essentially her Christmas present, so I want to make it really special. I'm probably more excited about it than she will be. :rotfl:

That bag is really cute!

Ok, since trades are not allowed in the cancellation thread, I will post this here: Thanks to a sweet friend hooking me up with a Bon Voyage on my preferred Epcot day :hug:, I'm now looking to swap my 11/16, 12:25pm Akershus lunch for 3 with a comparable Akershus (12:00-12:30, 3 people) on 11/15. If anyone is interested in trading or if you have an extra Akershus on the 15th, please hit me up!

I could also be talked into giving up my previous 11/16 Bon Voyage (8:55 a.m., 3 people) in exchange for an 11/15 Akershus lunch! :cool2:

Is it me or does it seem like no one has been dropping dining plans? I'm still trying to get a Cape May and Via Napoli at certain times. I do have ADRs for them but the times aren't quite right. I really thought they would be easy ADRs to get. I guess a lot of people are waiting until fast pass booking to drop extra dining.

Is it me or does it seem like no one has been dropping dining plans? I'm still trying to get a Cape May and Via Napoli at certain times. I do have ADRs for them but the times aren't quite right. I really thought they would be easy ADRs to get. I guess a lot of people are waiting until fast pass booking to drop extra dining.

I dropped a couple of things a while back and now I regret one of them. If people are smarter than me they are holding on tight for now! With all the special event releases coming slowly and FP day approaching I have changed our plans multiple times.

This! I've ultimately been able to get the places I want, but I find myself tweaking the days and times a lot!
I find that a lot of people are dropping ADRs on a Facebook group I'm in, but they aren't usually for the hard-to-get reservations. It can be frustrating!

I'm still searching for a later 1900 Park Fare reservation and BOG Lunch. If they didn't move the parade time our BOG reservation would be fine.

YES. Totally agree!!!! It seems like a lot of dropping is happening other weeks but not mine. I just want to make my times a little earlier but nobody even has anything to drop or offer so I've been stuck in a standstill for a while. Haven't even gotten any alerts for anything!

I dropped a couple of things a while back and now I regret one of them. If people are smarter than me they are holding on tight for now! With all the special event releases coming slowly and FP day approaching I have changed our plans multiple times.

I dropped stuff and I'm hoping I don't regret that later when I do fastpasses. Eeek! I have quite a few breakfast ADRs so I don't think I'll have too much trouble with making fastpasses.

This! I've ultimately been able to get the places I want, but I find myself tweaking the days and times a lot!
I find that a lot of people are dropping ADRs on a Facebook group I'm in, but they aren't usually for the hard-to-get reservations. It can be frustrating!

In the facebook groups I'm in I see a lot of people posting what they are in search of but very few people dropping anything.

YES. Totally agree!!!! It seems like a lot of dropping is happening other weeks but not mine. I just want to make my times a little earlier but nobody even has anything to drop or offer so I've been stuck in a standstill for a while. Haven't even gotten any alerts for anything!

Yes no alerts here either. Well maybe a couple but that's like a couple over 30 days. Which is crazy to me.

@dnllmz what are you looking for?

I need a Cape May on 11/25 @ 6:30 & Via Napoli on 12/1 @ 7pm.

I have a 715 for Cape May but I think that will be too late for my kids since it's an early start day. I know it's only 45 minutes difference so not the end of the world.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter