*** Official November 2018 Thread - It's Turkey Lurkey Time! ***

ADR day is tomorrow! We’re staying 9 nights and will be making reservations for HDDR, BOG lunch and VN lunch. I’m also booking a dessert party. I’m undecided on Cali Grill during fireworks. I’ll have to decide by tonight.

Got a TP crowd calendar update email today for several days on our trip. Some with higher crowds, some lower, some parks up, some down. I’m wondering what the changes are based on if official hours aren’t out. The last change came when the party dates were released which made sense.

I think his nov calendar is based on last year’s hours and when the mvmcp parties are...I have been waiting anxiously for the park hours to update so I can follow kenny’s recommendations.

I was wondering if that travel agent calendar is out yet...
although I know that hours almost certainly change/expand after that.
(I am especially interested when Epcot may close at 10 instead of 9).

@kennythepirate can you please clarify?

Btw I am one of your subscribers and a huge fan :flower1:
With your help we met Moana last year- a huge highlight for my 6yo (and me!! I love her!)

Your assumption is incorrect. The hours are not based on previous history.

Hi! I will be going with my family this November, from the 10th - 17th, staying at BCV. I'm living overseas now so I'm really looking forward to this family trip. :goodvibes

@Newsies - Your username makes me so happy!! That was my favorite musical when I was in high school. I went sooooo many times.

We booked 11/27 - 12/4 at CBR! MVMCP on 11/27! So excited for our first Disney trip!!

Welcome both of you to the roll call!

@ChanduTail believe me I am OBSESSED with your username, too! I've been doing so much research on Tokyo DisneySea/Tokyo Disneyland, I need to get over there! Newsies was my favorite show as well, I was a Junior in high school when I made this account... ah, the memories.

Dinner reservations for our jersey week trip are all set. I’m pretty happy with everything we got. I also got our dessert party for HEA on 11/3, I have a feeling Magic Kingdom is going to be crazy.

I booked ADR's on Sat for our trip, but moving our park days around to accommodate the cast party kind of threw me for a loop. But in general I am a little non plussed about dining options in and around MK. I am still fiddling with things and moving them around to be honest for the first two days of our trip. I'm thinking about switching something out for Hoop de Doo review as it's on my Disney bucket list and moving my Wave reservation. Otherwise we're eating at The Wave, Trattoria al Forno, Rose & Crown, Tusker House breakfast, 1900 Park Fare breakfast. I have a few different things booked in and around MK for our second day (LTT, Plaza, Chef Mickey), but I think I'll cancel them and rework those first two days.

I made our ADRs yesterday morning. I'm doing a split stay so I only got to book for 11/2-11/4. I did the dessert party, HDDR and VN lunch. I initially wanted BOG lunch on our arrival day but a few weeks ago decided to do it another day since I didn't know if we would be starving after landing and want to grab something at our resort or the airport. Then it would spoil our lunch. Thankfully I changed my mind on that because there were no openings for lunch at BOG on 11/2...at all. And that was at 6 am.

Tomorrow I book for the rest of our trip which is only BOG lunch and MAYBE Cali Grill dinner during fireworks on our last day. That'll be it for ADRs for our 9 night stay. The rest we will do same day ADRs, lounges or QS. We are looking forward to being a bit more free.

I actually switched our days around because of the MK party on 11/5. I initially had us going to Epcot that morning and doing MK on 11/7 in the morning. I flopped those days to take advantage of the low crowds that are expected on 11/5. I've read it's some of the lowest crowds people have ever seen in the MK.

My adrs open up on thursday.... Cant wait to start booking! This is our first time doing TS meals (we usually stick to qs dining) we are planning to stick to buffet character meals as we have 2 kids under 3 that will eat free that way (plus a picky 9 year old)

Anyone having any trouble getting the times/dates/restaurants they wanted? Hoping if im up booking the first day right at 6 i should be good.

I also need to book a mermaid package at pirates league for my bday girl. Does anyone know if that be done online or do i need to call?

My adrs open up on thursday.... Cant wait to start booking! This is our first time doing TS meals (we usually stick to qs dining) we are planning to stick to buffet character meals as we have 2 kids under 3 that will eat free that way (plus a picky 9 year old)

Anyone having any trouble getting the times/dates/restaurants they wanted? Hoping if im up booking the first day right at 6 i should be good.

I also need to book a mermaid package at pirates league for my bday girl. Does anyone know if that be done online or do i need to call?

I booked my ADRs on Saturday, but only had a few meals planned (Tusker and Kona breakfast, and BOG dinner). Tusker and Kona were no problem to book on the exact time and day I wanted, but BOG had no availability for dinner for my 7 night stay. I even saw several CRT for good times, but no BOG.

Good luck booking and hope you get everything you want! pixiedust:

I booked my ADRs on Saturday, but only had a few meals planned (Tusker and Kona breakfast, and BOG dinner). Tusker and Kona were no problem to book on the exact time and day I wanted, but BOG had no availability for dinner for my 7 night stay. I even saw several CRT for good times, but no BOG.

Good luck booking and hope you get everything you want! pixiedust:

I noticed this too and I'm wondering if they aren't open?? We are going for BOG lunch and it had nothing for my arrival day. I just checked for November 3 and 4 and nothing. Only availability is for parties of 1. Tomorrow I will be booking for the rest of my trip and my fingers are crossed to get BOG lunch on 11/5. If not I will do it on 11/9. It is my DD's one of two requests....HDDR and BOG lunch.

Hi everyone, hope you can help me get this straight with my currently-as-constituted three-part split stay. Our first stay is Nov 22-24, checkout/in on 24, then 24-Nov 29, checkout/in on 29, then Nov29-Dec 2. So, when our 180 ADR opens, we would have 3 different windows, correct? Can we book the bridge day in the initial window or do we need to wait until the window opens for that check in date? For example, Nov. 24, can we book thay with the first window group or does it only open when a couple of days later when ressie 2 window opens? We will have several reservations for 7 people, including CRT (30), Tusker House (24), BOG lunch (23), H&V, and Mickey's Backyard BBQ (22 -Thanksgiving dinner). Other meals will be split between my crew of 5 and my parents separately. Our last trip in 2015, we had no problem at all getting all the ADRs we wanted for the 5 of us. Has there been any major adjustments I need to prepare for in terms of increased demand and difficulty getting an ADR for our size? Thanks!

You can book it with the first window. We are doing 11/2-11/4 and I can book all 3 of those days. Check in for second resort is 11/4. So tomorrow I can still book 11/4 but the rest of the week opens up too. You can book check in day until check out day.

I noticed this too and I'm wondering if they aren't open?? We are going for BOG lunch and it had nothing for my arrival day. I just checked for November 3 and 4 and nothing. Only availability is for parties of 1. Tomorrow I will be booking for the rest of my trip and my fingers are crossed to get BOG lunch on 11/5. If not I will do it on 11/9. It is my DD's one of two requests....HDDR and BOG lunch.

I can see availability for November 5th. Not sure how big your party is, but there is currently one BOG lunch available that day for 2 people at 11:20am.

I can see availability for November 5th. Not sure how big your party is, but there is currently one BOG lunch available that day for 2 people at 11:20am.

We're a party of 2. I'm sure that will be gone by today. I've checked BOG lunch numerous times and it's usually available at 180 days out. I'm wondering if the lack of BOG dinner is making people book BOG lunch.

I just booked it on 11/5 at 11:05 am for 2. If you can’t find it tomorrow, let me know and I can try to cancel it when you are online so you can pick it up.

BOG is closed for dinner? When is it coming back? We're planning a lunch, but that affects demand.

BOG is closed for dinner? When is it coming back? We're planning a lunch, but that affects demand.

We don't know. But there is no availability the entire first week of November. BOG is a popular restaurant but for there to be no availability for an entire week is odd. I'm going to assume it's not released yet but I don't know anything for sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter