Official Onsite 2022 Rate Discussion Thread

Well, I've been checking daily and as of today, there is no deluxe availability at all for my dates. I'm assuming this doesn't bode well for crowds 🙀.

Rates weren't available for my dates for premium hotels. Looking for Aug 20 -23 and the only AP rate at the premium hotels was $1400/night for presidential suite :oops:

In the past, it sometimes took a couple of days for the rates to be loaded. Usually the value hotels come first and then the premium hotels.

In the past, it sometimes took a couple of days for the rates to be loaded. Usually the value hotels come first and then the premium hotels.
The more expensive suites at the Deluxe Resorts show discounts. Individual rooms do not. Those sometimes follow later, if the hotels are not full.

The last date with discounts that I found is the evening of September 30.

The more expensive suites at the Deluxe Resorts show discounts. Individual rooms do not. Those sometimes follow later, if the hotels are not full.

Keeping some hope that and I'll be stalking the site until my trip.

AP or ST? I haven’t seen any AP rates for my trip starting 9/8…

AP or ST? I haven’t seen any AP rates for my trip starting 9/8…
Discount rates are tougher to get over a weekend. 9/8 is a Thursday, 9/9 is a Friday, and 9/10 is a Saturday.

Also, Universal tends to offer discounts on their more expensive rooms first.

For example, I see the following rates at Endless Summer:
  • 9/8 - 9/9 - $95 per night (AP discount on pool view room)
  • 9/8 - 9/10 - $149 per night (AP rate on 2-bedroom pool view suite)
  • 9/8 - 9/11 - $191 per night (ST rate on 2-bedroom standard view suite)
As the date gets closer, Universal tends to release more AP rates if hotel occupancy is not where they want it.

woohoo, thank you for this thread update!! Just got a better AP rate for Oct 9. Day before yesterday, booked regular rate for regular room at Surfside. Today, got a room at Dockside for $10 less, and it's a 2 bedroom suite. 139.00. If we keep it, can check Dockside off my list. There is a Sapphire falls room for 179.00, very tempted to try it instead....closer to parks, and this is for HHN, so the closer the better.

Well I saved $14/nt for 5 nights on my CBBR stay in August, down to $124 from $138. Not huge, laughable that the Endless Summer rates dropped from $100 to $99! No availability at all showing for SF, HR, or PBR, and RPR still only showing captain's presidential suite available so I expect it to be busy!

Couldn't find any for Cabana Bay for my dates (Aug 25th - 28th) but decided to try out Dockside.

Last edited:
Maybe not fully released yet. Checking Cabana Bay for Aug 25-28 and nothing yet. Only Dockside has AP rates for those dates
It's out. It's an avg of $140/nt. Could be a weekend issue. CBBR AP rate for the 25th is 124 and the 28th is 109. The weekend nights are 164.

THURSDAY, AUG 25, 2022 — MONDAY, AUG 29, 2022​

Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort​

Annual Passholder Rate
Standard 2 Queen Room
Aug 25$124.00
Aug 26$164.00
Aug 27$164.00
Aug 28$109.00

TAXES​

Occupancy Tax$33.66
State Tax$36.47
Subtotal$631.13
Deposit$139.50
Remaining Amount$491.63

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter